Bethesda's Pirates of the Caribbean aka Sea Dogs 2

After 2 decades, it still holds up as the GOAT
>tradan'
>smugglan'
>boardan'
>piratan'
Why has no one captured the naval rpg genre like Pirates of the Caribbean did, Yas Forums?

Attached: 20200424192237_1.jpg (1920x1080, 415.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/764670/Sea_Dogs/
store.steampowered.com/app/817460/Sea_Dogs_Caribbean_Tales/
store.steampowered.com/app/937940/Sea_Dogs_City_of_Abandoned_Ships/
store.steampowered.com/app/223330/Sea_Dogs_To_Each_His_Own__Pirate_Open_World_RPG/
store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/223330/view/3031411293983263333
store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/223330/view/2096930128305527597
steamcommunity.com/games/386280/announcements/detail/1449458414998766739
piratesahoy.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 20200424181605_1.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

The game was amazing

Protip retards, this series has been ongoing for a long time and has 3 more sequels after this one, all better.

looks dope

All the Sea Dogs games are on Steam except for 2nd one (the one in the OP) because of licensing issues.

Sea Dogs 1:
store.steampowered.com/app/764670/Sea_Dogs/

Sea Dogs 3:
store.steampowered.com/app/817460/Sea_Dogs_Caribbean_Tales/

Sea Dogs 4:
store.steampowered.com/app/937940/Sea_Dogs_City_of_Abandoned_Ships/

Sea Dogs 5 (current, latest one, still being updated):
store.steampowered.com/app/223330/Sea_Dogs_To_Each_His_Own__Pirate_Open_World_RPG/

>not the Chad Raven’s Cry

The latest Sea Dogs game is in my wishlist. I've watched some gameplays and the english translations/dialogue is fucked up (probably because its been developed by russians)

Havent heard about this one

Attached: 20200421113945_1.jpg (1920x1080, 307.83K)

This reminds me this isn't the only franchise that's missing its 2nd game on Steam, good examples being Splinter Cell (Pandora Tomorrow, 2nd game, is missing) and the rebooted Wolfenstein series that started with RtCW and 2nd game Wolfenstein 09 is also missing.

I know you jest but Raven's Cry was patched to be "mostly" playable, it's still shit though and doesn't even begin to compare to Sea Dogs.

>I've watched some gameplays and the english translations/dialogue is fucked up (probably because its been developed by russians)
They actually released PROER English translation a while back, it was in development for a long time:
store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/223330/view/3031411293983263333

I was about to install the second game again because of nostalgia. How are the new ones? Can I just play the latest one and skip the rest?

Pirates: Legend of Black Kat was awesomer.

Oh and the latest expansion pack is also finally available in (proper) English.
store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/223330/view/2096930128305527597

All of them are standalone, they aren't connected by story or anything.
There's zero reason to play the older entries other than nostalgia since each one improves and has more content than the last, unless you just want to see how the series evolved and experience the different storylines of different games.

I just looked at the Sea Dogs 5 trailer and it looks pretty much identical to Pirates of the Caribbean (Sea Dogs 2).

What's actually new and improved in the series since Sea Dogs 2?

Quite literally too much to list, shitload of QoL, more ship types, more jobs/activities, more shipment/inventory types etc. For real too long to list. It's not like you need to believe me, you can just pirate the latest build of the 5th game.

Play sea of thieves you queers

I like simple combat in PotC.
Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships considered best in the series

Attached: 1544100290667.jpg (460x215, 92.33K)

If im not mistaken, it still runs on the same engine (Storm Engine 2) but the later ones are more polished. I'm playing an overhaul mod for Pirates of the Caribbean called new horizons and I think most of the new features from the latest Sea Dogs were added in this mod.

>multiplayer

Attached: 20200421090449_1.jpg (1920x1080, 588.24K)

game was developed by Akella, russian dev,
there are several sequels that make bigger accent on complicated mechanics

>Pay2Win MMO trash
Fuck off

>considered best in the series
It was until the 5th game came out, and the only problem with 5th game (bad english translation) was fixed last year. No reason not to play it over CoAS now.

>Havent heard about this one
I was kidding, it’s some horrible early access game that was a meme around 2015~ because of how comically shit it was

>Raven's Cry was patched to be "mostly" playable
That can’t be true

It's not pay to win you retard

>Win10/Shitbox exclusive
>Cartoony (not just art style but everything from gameplay to "lore")
>MMO
>Six gorillion pseudo-MTX DLC
No thanks

Sell me on these Sea Dogs games. What's the deal with them?

I was thinking what correctly compare it to.
These games are like Mount and Blade about pirates.

>That can’t be true
It was pulled from Steam after it's awful launch.
They re-released it year later under new title "Vendetta - The Curse of Raven's Cry", it was an improvement but still broken.
Then in 2017 they released a huge patch that actually made it playable, it's still janky as shit though but at least it's playable.
steamcommunity.com/games/386280/announcements/detail/1449458414998766739

Best pirate/merchant/privateer simulators on the market with insane amount of freedom and extremely deep/complex gameplay. Made by Slav autism.
See for vidya, if you're just starting out then start with last one for best experience.

It's much more complex than Mountain Blade though, it's really hard to compare to anything.

loved that game as a kid despite the absolute garbage controls and general clumsiness... I really wished Bannerlord would have taken some hints from this SeaDogs regarding quests, exploration and god damn seafaring. It's been twenty years as well, fuck..

Pretty much whatever you wish on an open world naval RPG

Attached: 20200421120425_1.jpg (1920x1080, 219.88K)

My knowledge based on 11 year old men playing Xbox:

They are clunky though have compelling RPG elements. Combat is interesting. The game feels much larger than it is so there's plenty of exploration and one of the only games that actually properly captured the feeling of exploring. The ship battles are worth just pirating it right now to try.

It's basically like if KOTOR was set in pirate land and you could trade goods between planets... or maybe mountain blade in pirate land...

For anyone playing this series, I sincerely recommend piratesahoy.net/ if you want to look into mods.

Its a russian game that had nothing to do with potc

sea dogs 5 is 5€ at key sites. ima buy and see what these games are about.
any recommended mods?

>that had nothing to do with potc
the main storyline of PotC (Nathaniel Haw's story) mentions and shows the Black Pearl if only for a "brief" period. Also, undead pirates and monkeys. It's in the same universe

Attached: 20200421105407_1.jpg (1920x1080, 228.38K)

Not for first playthrough since the mods basically expand complexity even more, you'll already be lost starting out. Also I recommend pirating it because you'll be missing all the expansion packs if you only get the base game.

but pirated versions dont prolly have the new patches. like the translation patch

>piratesahoy.net/
>my nigga

Attached: 1301924125761.jpg (524x469, 27.04K)

They do if you know where you get your pirate shit (cs.rin.ru)

whats the newest version of the game? 1.6?

I see FitGirl made a repack of latest build.
fitgirl-repacks.site/sea-dogs-to-each-his-own/

Yeah what the fuck is up with wolf 09 not being anywhere

Rights are 50/50 split between Bethesda and Activision.
Same reason why Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 1 is not anywhere because rights are 50/50 split between Square Enix and Activision.
In case of Wolf09, Bethesda owns the IP but Activision owns publishing rights to the game.
Analogous situation with Blood Omen 1, Square Enix owns the IP but Activision owns publishing rights.
Splinter Cell 2 missing is a bit different, it has issues on modern systems, which btw have long seen been fixed by fanpatches, and Jewbisoft would rather not release it at all than incorporate fan patches.