What do you think of the Nether update, Yas Forums?

What do you think of the Nether update, Yas Forums?

Attached: Piglin Dance.gif (299x372, 362.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lM5bt8IRI-g
youtube.com/watch?v=vmqVSGMrmYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What changed?

The Nether

Nether has biomes now. And some pretty sweet music too.

Soul

Soulless

Attached: Zombie_Pigman.png (520x880, 14.73K)

I hate that they're taking out those guys and replacing them with the Zombie Piglins, it doesn't feel right

It still serves no actual purpose.
There's another ore type there now, which is alright, I guess.
They should add pre-existing portals in the nether which you can activate to make them appear in the overworld so you can use them to teleport between portals or something.
That would give the nether an actual use.

They kinda did add that, there's now Ruined Portal structures that spawn both the overworld and the Nether which are basically broken portals. You can fix them up and activate them

youtube.com/watch?v=lM5bt8IRI-g

Wtf why cant they keep the piglins and the old zombie pigmen?

they are keeping both afaik?

The Warped Forest and everything that came with it are fucking disgusting looking things. Soul sand valley is based. Basalt Deltas are extra based. Blackstone is every builder's wet dream, but the bastions are FUGLY. Piglins are fine. Striders look fucking retarded. I was originally disgusted by the whole Netherite affair, but I'm kinda warming up to the idea. Overall I think the Nether update is not ambitious enough. The support for 3d biomes is supposedly implemented. They should have tested it on the Nether, by making it have different "circles" like Dante's Inferno, or even hell from the Bleach OVA, with radically different atmospheres at different altitudes.

It's now 0.03% of modded minecraft instead of 0.02%

>Basalt Deltas
Did they finally add a block you can craft into black stairs and slabs?

They ARE keeping the Zombie Pigmen, they're just changing their apperance and name to be like the actual Piglins

???

minecraft noob here. playing vanilla survival.
how do i get more iron. i seem to use up iron picks as fast as i make them.

Why is it that even when Minecraft receives a seemingly substantial update it still feels like absolutely nothing?

Find a ravine and mine it from the bottom

Attached: e2fa1270b3a99ef23c65db8350a6ff25.gif (400x400, 578.98K)

Yeah the added Blackstone, one of the coolest looking stone blocks now
The Crimson Forest looks better than the shitty Warped Forest

Use stone picks for mining rocks, save your iron pick for ores like gold, emerald or diamond that can only be mined with it

Basalt Deltas are god tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=vmqVSGMrmYc

but its so slowwwww

Explore as many caves as you can, you'll get plenty of iron stacks. There is a way to make infinite Iron by doing some tricky machinery with villagers but that's a more complicated area for noobies. Search for Auto Iron Farm on youtube if you ever wanna check it out

>minecraft noob here. playing vanilla survival.
>how do i get more iron. i seem to use up iron picks as fast as i make them.

dig down to y=13
start mining in straight lines (100 blocks or so) spaced every 3 blocks, repeat until you find diamonds

when you have more than 9 diamonds, get a diamond pickaxe
enchant that shit on a table and get unbreaking 3 and hopefully fortune (3) to multiply your next diamond loot

congrats you made it to diamond age now

Attached: 2020-04-22_16.07.59.png (1253x719, 576.13K)

Thank god, now I can give my brick buildings proper looking roofs

I think it's cool, next thing they should add is underground biomes to make exploring caves more interesting, it gets old and boring too fast in my opinion

Most of the feature updates don't add anything fundamentally new to the game. It feels like they put more effort into April Fools updates than normal updates.

whats good my pigger

Pigger is our word, you can say Pigga tho

MAH PIGGA

pointless, mojang hasnt added anything substantial in fucking forver, if it wasnt for the mods this game wouldve been dead 5 years ago

why are girls in minecraft youtube animation style so cute

100% this game from a new save has gotten really hard now.

Attached: 1465900357568.jpg (584x550, 44.56K)

>>Most of the feature updates don't add anything fundamentally new to the game
>>pointless, mojang hasnt added anything substantial in fucking forver

uh hello?
>wings to fly
>shulka boxes aka movable chests
>all the ocean temple stuff, materials, and new lights
>new villager mechanics
etc.

The Piglin's snout looks like a girl's face making it look like a girl wearing a pig hat

Attached: Pigger.png (592x868, 457.09K)

Mojang has added some genuinely cool stuff over the past 5 years, but you look at updates like 1.10 and 1.15 and wonder just what they're spending all their time on over there.

why not give the nether an actual sky

i don't like it
the red forest seems okay
the blue forest looks really fucking awful, unless you're viewing it from a soul sand cave thing where it actually looks good

>why not give the nether an actual sky
it's based on Dante Alighieri's Inferno (hell)
it's supposed to be underground

yeah but doing so is severely limiting it