These are the most soulless and worst fucking remakes to ever exist in the video-game industry and you can't convince...

These are the most soulless and worst fucking remakes to ever exist in the video-game industry and you can't convince me otherwise.

Attached: 1000100010009.jpg (1024x1024, 416.93K)

each one of them is better than the original

FF7R just came out

CTR is objectively better than the original and the other two are fine

crash trilogy has issues but is solid, ctrnf is fantastic
I can understanding thinking the spyro remakes are trash though

Nah they did a good job and recapturing the look and giving it an up-rez. Not perfect by any means, but they did a fine job.
Just calling them soulless is meaningless and means you have no idea what you're talking about, nor any argument to back yourself up.

>recapturing the look
The Crash games, sure.

Anyone who thinks the Spyro trilogy is a poor remake then you clearly haven't played the original trilogy.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (3846x1080, 1.85M)

>ctr
>soulless

Crash's games were smaller and were able to look more defined with the original hardware, thus Vicarious Visions were able to more exactly duplicate the look.
Spyro's large worlds forced Insomniac to create simpler character models with few details. This left Toys for Bob a lot more wiggle room that was never going to satisfy everyone. They had Insomniac's blessings though and the updated designs were approved, so I'm not sure what you might be looking for.
I know people have issues with the skyboxes and the lighting at times, but honestly they did a great job evoking a lot the same feelings from some levels.
Really I just wish they had more time to give YotD more polish.

True about YotD but otherwise it has the same feel control wise and progression wise. Honestly playing the remake first time felt like playing the original for the first time.

they fucked up the readability, color theory, skyboxes, and almost everything else

Attached: remake92.jpg (864x1080, 199.99K)

That's how I felt. They nailed controls and how playing Spyro feels. That all felt like the same games as always.
I will never say Reignited was a perfect remake by any means, but it at least was able to capture the feeling of playing Spyro with a fresh coat of paint.
I hope Toys for Bob learned a lot during development and uses that to make the next one a worthy successor.

The game does a lot of stuff better, but a lot of that doesnt matter when they screwed over the artstyle so much. i dont know why companies dont understand minimalist cartoonist artstyles and feel the need to put needless clutter and detail into everything

my issue is some of the more fantastical details that could have been easily translated, weren't.
would it have been that big of a deal to put that tribal pattern from the original on the sides of the wood bridges?
i don't need a 1-1 translation but theres some middle ground between that and changing every single detail except the actual physical layout.

Why do I have to convince a faggot with no taste like you?

See that's something I can agree with. When they went above and beyond on so much, but then left random details out, it does seem a bit odd. Did they think they could do better? It's hard to say.
It doesn't ruin the experience, but when you compare the looks it does leave you wondering.

Here's something I noticed while playing Reignited on PC.

I got a mod that makes Spyro thinner so he looks more like his original model and isn't a thicc scally wet dream and what I found is that it looks creepy and he looks like hes going to die of starvation, it made me realize that the reignited devs probably tried the original body and saw it only worked for low poly games. What I'm getting at is that the majority of the "soulless" parts of the remakes are more than likely because its the only way to make it work with modern graphics.

Attached: 64-1569582910-71947194.png (1300x669, 1.66M)

Only CTR is better than the original

Yeah that's interesting. Part of me likes the look, but the more I look at it the more he looks incredibly anorexic.

You gotta see him moving, its uncanny.

>What I'm getting at is that the majority of the "soulless" parts of the remakes are more than likely because its the only way to make it work with modern graphics.

not its not, its called shitty artists. theres more than 1 art style you can make with modern engines

nu Crash looks disgusting, cartoonish ps1 aesthetics were the best.

what about the dark souls remaster? or the ratchet and clank they're well worse

Not even close.

Attached: une-date-de-sortie-pour-warcraft-iii-reforged-cover.jpg (1000x483, 119.17K)

Crash Racing is never coming to PC will it?

>and isn't a thicc scally wet dream
Nice freudian slip.

Attached: 1242343232325.png (552x543, 358.17K)

CTRNF is amazing

If it didn't break campaigns and custom game it would be fine.

They walked back on the modified campaigns and new cutscenes, threw all that away and you just get the old maps and cutscenes. Scrapped all alternative hero models except female DH and female DK. Tons of unique models made for the campaign NPCs go unused and they use the same generic models.

If they didn't break the original game you faggots would love it because they scrapped all the changes normal people were actually excited for.

Crash 1 and 3 are upgrades.
CTR is also an upgrade.
Spyro 1 and 2 are acceptable despite their flaws.

They really failed on Crash 2 and Spyro 3.

Warcraft 3 Reforged is the worst remake ever just because it completely replaced the original making it impossible to play without pirating.

Crash NST is inferior to the original. but playable coco and time trials are pretty cool. Hitboxes are fucking bad, graphics are super generic mobile trash and pretty bad actually. and voice acting is worse than the originals.

Crash Nitro Fueled Racing is legit a superior game to the original, its basically 2 games packed into one with refined mechanics and some extras on top, The onyl real major flaws are the fucking wonky wall hitboxes that occur from time to time and the 30 fps because fucking consoles cant do 1080p gaming still in the year 2020.

Spyro is okay gameplay wise but the graphics are just bad.

Attached: Sheriff .jpg (261x178, 18.13K)

Both of these are cluttered and ugly, the real answer is in between.

What makes Crash 3 an upgrade, but not 2?

>spyro and crash came a year after
Now the real question is, will they have crossplay

>its basically 2 games packed into one
I was of the assumption that it was CTR with a smattering of Nitro content strewn about + every character they could possibly manage. Are you trying to say it's more like they ported CTR and then dumped most of Nitro in as well?