What killed Senran Kagura?

What killed Senran Kagura?

Attached: Daidouji_Transformed_running_the_shop_by_Fu-reiji.jpg (1920x1080, 505.49K)

They never actually put any effort into improving the gameplay.
When I got Shinovi Versus on the Vita, I saw it as a strong base game that were they built upon, had the potential to turn into a nice franchise.

But they never improved, Estival was the same shit, I kinda stopped caring about the rest.

1. It's garbage
2. Never made an effort to improve
3. Creator is a bitch for never trying to do so

Flanderization of 100% of the cast + /u/ shit
Yumi being the ultimate Mary Sue who hijacked the franchise
Not enough good fanservice to be a fan service game. not good enough gameplay to stand on its own as a game without fanservice elements

Wrong

Because Sony new censorship law and that the creator was afraid to leave Sony since most of the series titles was on the PlayStation. So overall he gave up on the series. If Sony didn't go full censorship then the series would be alive and well. But since this the worst timeline, you'll never have a game similar to SK ever again.

Retard.

Sony
If Sony didn't do it, Takaki was well on his way to do it with the endless spinoffs

Kill yourself

You first.

Okay nigger.

This desu. Though personally I preferred Burst's gameplay.

Was meant to be a 1, maybe 2 game series. Tried to stretch it out to 10 with no real idea of what to do with it. Fell back into selling dlc costumes for the shitty in-game models.

Oversaturation of SK games and other low budget lewd games after Shinovi Versus' success. No other lewd game sold even half as well, and they were all chasing SV's numbers. With so many games of that nature they lost their novelty and each subsequent one was selling worse than the last. Attempts were made to make things lewder but that didn't help sales and all it really did was give the game negative attention from Sony.
Sony and their censorship may have been the straw that broke the camel's back but SK was going away with or without that.

They didn't port Beach Peach Splash to Switch

Valkyrie Drive actually improved on the combat but it was entirely too fucking easy.

Actually, if I'm remembering correctly, wasn't there some negative reception of SK2 because jap fans thought it was too hard?

Snoystation exclusives

>e some negative reception of SK2 because jap fans thought it was too hard?
Yep. Yomi beat their asses senseless in the very beginning of SK2.

Attached: 1469673351011.jpg (640x360, 54.95K)

Lazy devs.

Snoy censorship laws

The only good game really is renewal burst and even then the gameplay is somewhat mediocre. It's just a big (and sometimes small) boob musou game

Because all anime games devolve into archetypes so they need decent character designs to sell copies based on sex appeal. I am a huge milker connoisseur but SK doesn't have that many appealing designs to make their big tits and ass appealing. Combined with mostly shit gameplay it almost rivals Neps in terms of how underwhelming the franchise ultimately is.

That's because you played the shit Shinovi games only. They are joke games basically. Should have played Burst and Deep Crimson.

My personal gripes were the move to the empty 3d arena style gameplay which never improved and the ever expanding cast.

Takaki being an ideas guy and a shitty producer.

fans

ArcSys didn't produce a Senran Kagura fighting game even though they introduced Yumi to BBTAG.
Also a startling lack of Daidouji in recent times.

I'd want to see anyone else besides arcsys make something
They don't want to make good fighting games anymore

Marvelous forcing Takaki to all but leave the company + So(n)y going ultra-censorship mode.

/thread

Lack of outfits and gameplay that's not shit.

Nintendo for allowing any sort of trash on their system and not telling the series to improve or die.

I just used ArcSys as the example because of the pre-established history of Yumi.
I just want a 2D fighter with amazing sprites and ninja gameplay with some big ass and titties.

Lied in bed with Sony, and fags eating up the Versus side of the SK games.

>SKfags actually believe the games were killed because of Sony and not because Marvelous is a bunch of incompetent hacks that can't push out a single good game
the absolute state of this fanbase

>censorship law
true, but we can´t help him if the game isn´t good

Might as well say the same thing about Homura and Team Arcana after nitroplus blasterz

I think the series gameplay wise and story wise peaked with the first game in the series. Specifically the Hanzo story line since the Hebijo story line made a few unnecessary edits to the story that I felt hurt it, though it did add some great other stuff with the Hebijo girls.

Shinovi Versus was a success, but there was various reasons for why it happened:
>Anime was airing
>Vita price cut
>Vita had no games
>Yumi pandering to small otaku dick
I don't think anyone at Marvelous/HP Games was expecting this franchise to become big (big in their own niche audience anyways) and the team could barely think on how to continue the series, hence the crappy spin-offs, the flanderization of the characters and the story going nowhere.
I'm gonna guess the gachas and the gazillions of Yumi merch do okay for Marv to not bother with more games and Takaki must be happy doing whatever the fuck he's doing with Cygames.
Daidouji is best girl.

Attached: IMG_20191118_134721.jpg (450x406, 32.1K)

My biggest gripe was how ever character after the first game became caricatures of them selves. That and most of the new girls were on par with those caricatures.

The only Senran Kagura game I've played is Shinovi Versus; I found it incredibly boring and braindead easy so I dropped it after 2.5 hours.
Reading on the internet it seems like SV is one of the best Senran games so I can understand why the franchise died when Sony told them that they couldn't show tits anymore: there was nothing behind the tits.

Attached: sksv.jpg (978x248, 43.64K)