Remember when gamer keyboards used to have a lot of macro keys?

Remember when gamer keyboards used to have a lot of macro keys?

Attached: image.png (781x596, 590.11K)

my g110 has 12 macro keys
havent found a single mechanical keyboard that has that many

Yeah, back before people realized you could just use regular keys.

Having extra keys is never a bad thing

most modern mechanical keyboards are 100% programmable

this

I had one similar to this, G15 2nd gen. I ended up removing the key caps on the macro keys because they were annoying and I never used them.

Now the latest meme is too have as few keys as possible

Honestly based i want a big heavy battleship keyboard. The more keys the cooler and i am not being ironic

yeah back when everyone played wow and needed the extra keys

yes
mmos were more popular back then

>not having a solid keyboard and adding tacticool keypads
>not using a farmer sim stick

Attached: 41BqNQnYRXL._AC_SY400_.jpg (387x395, 20.26K)

They weren't necessary, or even a good idea to use for WoW. You would use shift/ctrl/alt for extra binds. You can't easily press the macro keys while still controlling your movement with wasd.
Useless unless you were multiboxing, I guess.

My Corsair k90? I think has like 18

OP here my old G510 has 18 G keys.

the k90 has 6
why would I want to reprogram standard keys? those already have functions

N-key rollover means you can make key combos. A-G-U is as valid a keystoke as CRTL-ALT-DEL

i want to hit one key not 3 you weirdo

Who else /macro/ here?

Attached: image.png (1244x927, 1.98M)

LAYERS my friend

Bought a new keyboard recently with 8 macro keys on them, immediately rebound them to f13-f20 but barely any programs support those anymore. I just want to know that I can bind every key on my keyboard to a unique action.

>Macro keys are always in a position that stretches your hand away from a comfortable position with WASD
>only coherent use for them is mundane shit like mounting up in an MMO because they're so inconvenient and ALT or LShift as modifiers are more ergonomic
Macro keys are the equivalent of SUPER HIGH DPI for mice. They're just another cheap reason to add a markup to or advertise your product.
If you're looking for a decent keyboard, Don't spend any more than a Glorious GMMK costs. Keyboards being huge is not a good thing, it lowers your potential mousepad space, which is a huge deal for FPS games.
Having a numpad/bindable buttons on your mouse is infinitely more useful, and necessary for games like mordhau or MMOs if you actually want to use the 6 gorillion utilities your class has.

Attached: mechanical-keyboard-the-glorious-gmmk-1_d1faaca8-fdbf-43d3-85f0-a9a1d4995d3c.jpg (2048x1365, 191.84K)

What keyboard?

the k90 does have 18 macro keys

Attached: k90.png (800x356, 382.9K)

layers of what
what are you talking about

OGRES
HAVE
LAYERS

I use my macro keys for auto run, open map, etc. so I can hit them with my pinky without wasting useful keys

i searched for this and all i got was the k95 with 6 keys
the k90 isnt sold anywhere not even on ebay

Yes I do. I had your OP picture's keyboard and I now have my pic related. I refuse to upgrade this thing and will keep it until it dies just because I absolutely use all my macro keys. I have several for toggling Rivatuner on and off, blocking it, enabling or disabling a framerate limiter, taking screenshots, recording video with OBS, I have some to control my mouse for super silent usage (my mouse clicks are mega fucking loud at night.) I also use 4 dedicated to switching GPU profiles like undervolting/locking power state/massive overclock etc. Having those macro keys simplifies so much fucking shit for me that I can't even consider "upgrading" to the newest K95 with 1/3rd the available macro keys. It would be a seriously detrimental blow to my PC usage.

Attached: ehimg577.jpg (1600x1067, 384.05K)

Based. Why wont Logitech make any modern keyboard with a lot of keys? I found this G613. Only 6 macros and it looks generic as fuck.

Attached: image.png (1277x575, 587.07K)

this is the most keys i've found
still only 9

Attached: 61xjHccJyeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 115.15K)

I don't know what the fuck logitech is doing lately, their shits all fucked up and they look retarded. I know at least the whole not enough macro keys is thanks to tranny faggots all pushing for shit like numpad-less keyboards, less is more to these pussies. It's just the current trend. I can only hope 18 macro key boards come back at some point because this thing will inevitably die and I will be sad.