I model Mario in Maya

I model Mario in Maya

Attached: maya-modeling-mario-model-3d-model-animated-obj-fbx-ma-ige.jpg (1117x709, 87.08K)

NINTENDO

NINTENDO

How do I make things in Maya? Can I take what I made in Maya and print them with a 3D printer? How do 3D printers work? I want to make some figures.

stop

Now do Sonic.

it's funny because even though the mario model looks like shit, it probably took way more work than those channels that put mario's model in unreal engine 4 and don't make a single asset, and get praised by the retards in the comments.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!!!!!iiiiiiii¡¡¡¡¡¡iiiiiii¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!!!

Now make the animated series robotnik

not round enough
mustache is too agressive.
hands need to be a bit bigger.

Attached: bricks were shat.jpg (1117x709, 105.17K)

You clearly aren't following the rules established by the PERFECT MARIO

Attached: EKAm2_SX0AAjzyD.jpg (900x1200, 110.37K)

>How do I make things in Maya?
Just learn the software, user.
There's plenty of free resources and tutorials that will help you get started on Maya. Learning Maya is no different from any other software. Just mess around with it for at least month. Don't even bother trying to make some masterpiece or cool model. Just mess around and play with it until you memorize the hotkeys, tools, and getthe muscle memory down.

> Can I take what I made in Maya and print them with a 3D printer?
You could, but normally, people don't use Maya for 3D printing. Zbrush is much better for that.
For the record, ZBrush and Maya are unofficial companion softwares, despite being made by different companies. If you're going to use Maya, you might as well download Zbrush and get good at it.
Buy a tablet or Cintiq if you're going to use ZBrush.

> How do 3D printers work?
You probably live close to a 3D print store. Go to your closest store and ask them.

This will be mario in 2021

If only Nintendo would hire me

>This is Mario in 2021, feeling old yet?

Cool I'll use my $1200 on a cintiq 22hd and 3d printer, and some zbrush and maya lessons. My business is going to boom.

Are game characters usually made in ZBrush?

how

>How do I learn thing
>Just learn it bro
you gotta learn it by learning it bro
i put some learn in your learning so you can learn while you learn

Yep, exactly what I'm doing. My 3D printer is 5 months late due to coronavirus though, fucking hell.
Also, the other user forgot to say that the way Maya and ZBrush work are really different. With ZBrush, you "sculpt" a mesh. While in Maya, you modify the mesh into a figure.
Here's a Japanese tea set I want to model in 3d so I can print it and do ceramic casting.

Attached: cool stuff - Copy.png (1920x1080, 670.16K)

>You could, but normally, people don't use Maya for 3D printing. Zbrush is much better for that.
Nani the fuck kind of thing is that to say?
ZBrush sculpting is one kind of workflow, you can box model in maya, and ultimately your output is going to be an .STL for your 3d printer to use so whichever software you started with is irrelevant.

>buy a cintiq
>as a beginner
Buy a $40 chinese tablet once you're even sure you like 3d modeling / sculpting

begone, plumber

Attached: Jelly.png (1078x756, 565.59K)

Some use sculpting methods in Zbrush, Mudbox, Blender or proprietary software. Other, more old school people use vertex pulling in Maya, 3dsMax, Blender or proprietary software. The important thing to note is whatever you learn in whatever program the skills will transfer over.

mama maya

It can depend. Some people like to use Maya first to set the basic structure of the model then move the obj to ZBrush for added details, some only use ZBrush. Afterwards they likely port it over to something like Substance Painter for the texture work, maybe Marvelous Designer for clothing to look more natural. It depends from both person to person as well as company to company.

Just started learning blender with some tutorials. I just finished some basic tutorials (the donut and anvil ones from blender guru) and I have to Idea where to go next. Do I just start making something and check videos when I get stuck?

>Do I just start making something and check videos when I get stuck?
Always

>tfw filtered by zbrush's UI

Attached: 1459879484619.jpg (540x429, 44.68K)

Usually artist makes cool 3d figures in Zbrush, then someone have to do the tediouse job of retopologing it into a nice mesh and rig it and UV-wrap it. You need to have good topology for for animations and texturing.

Also you can us Blender for all of this, one of the few open source projects that are great.

Yes. The more you actually work on stuff the more skills you'll develop because you're going to be actively looking for solutions for the myriad of problems you're going to run into. Those solutions get locked in your head and the next things you make get easier and easier. Just remember that if something you're doing seems too hard/tedious, look up advice to see if there's any easier way. 3d has tons of shortcuts that aren't really all that intuitive.

>Buy a $40 chinese tablet once you're even sure you like 3d modeling / sculpting

use the mouse and save those $40 dollars, if you like it you can buy it later. Mouse works good enough.

It took me a while as well before that shit started to make sense. Now it feels pretty natural. Sort of a Stockholm Syndrome equivalent for art programs.

Can I 3D print an SSD?

No. The problem with that is that you'll never "just figure it out" or anything you do figure you will take you let's say hours or days or will just be fundamentally wrong, or you could learn the correct / better thing in a few minutes from a tutorial.

As for what tutorial to go to next, he's got more tutorials after the donut and anvil, or you can go to cgpersia and steal some tutorials.
You might get overwhelmed if you do a really long tutorial since there'll be A LOT of new shit going on, but don't get discouraged.
If you get "stuck" in a tutorial such that you aren't making progress (because you have gaps in your understanding that the author isn't filling in), keep that tutorial but move on to another tutorial.
You'll fill in the gaps in your understanding or the missing steps or whatever and then be able to return to the old one.
Gleb Alexander, for example, is an incredibly good blender artist and puts out some cool tutorials but they assume you're better than intermediate and if you just plow into one of them you'll get frustrated by how much he skips because he assumes you already know things.

The best thing you can do is to do as many tutorials as you can. At first you'll learn a ton of new things, eventually you'll learn one new thing, and eventually you'll just learn one better way to do a thing you already knew (while spotting the author doing tons of things slowly or imprecisely or wrong) but each time you learn a new or better thing you'll be saying "Shit, I wish I'd known how to do THAT six months ago!"

I encourage you to keep a folder, or ideally a Deviantart-type website (perhaps set to private), to store all your renders so you can look back at your progress.
It's good to do a tutorial and then try to do the same version of what you learned (i.e. you learn to make a cool tower scene, so now use that to make a bit of a town market scene)

>inb4 lawsuit