How can a game have so much content yet almost no quest be memorable?

How can a game have so much content yet almost no quest be memorable?

Attached: elder-scrolls-morrowind-is-free-to-download-until-the-weekend.jpg (1920x1080, 111.7K)

Oblivion>Morrowind>Skyrim

Huh? what do you mean? Don't you remember the quest where you had to go to the town of Balmora in Vvardenfell District and deliver a package of documents to a man named Caius Cosades that in order to know where he lives you need to ask on a cornerclub called South Wall in Balmora?

This. The entire ES series as a whole is very overrated though.

Morrowind was honestly about living in the world. You could ignore the main quest even.

>no memorable quest

>Uniting the three houses
>fulfilling the first few Nerevarine prophecies in the ashlands with the Dunmer tribes
>the quest where you have to sneak into the Ministry of Truth
>finding Sunder
>Dwemer Puzzle Box

There's literally so many, that's why you can't remember.

Because 90% of the content is pointless filler.

Because you did not play it.

Because it's unironically soulless shit

I remember none of these

not everyone has memory as bad as you user

>not everyone has memory as bad as you user
Maybe the quests should be more memorable. I remember some of oblivions and skyrims

Same.
The Dwemer puzzle box sounds familiar but I can't remember anything about it

What about the pilgrim's quest? Or the moon dust guy in Solstheim? Or finding the last Dwemer?

>temple quest traveling to the shrines
>first quest into the Sixth House stronghold
>lol imma fuck your shit up on this bridge
>guild quests that actually are different based on the guild's purpose
>talking the crazed but probably correct prophet down from causing a public panic
>the naked man
Fuck, I could keep going, and that's all off the top of my head. What are some memorable quests from whatever game you think is better?

Attached: Hu6WHtn.png.jpg (640x369, 56.19K)

>finding the last Dwemer?
the fat dude on a spider body? I think I might vaguely recall this one. The others, no

>How can a game have so much content yet almost no quest be memorable?
The amount of content is precisely WHY none of it is memorable. It spreads out the efforts of everyone involved so they can't spend as much time to make any individual quest interesting, unique, or memorable. The Elder Scrolls games are the epitome of quantity over quality and I hate that their design philosophy infected all the RPGs that came after them.

Because it's quests are the definition of soulless.

Pilgrim's Path?
Gentleman Jim Stacey?
Building your House stronghold?
That mad god's fork?

Clearly battlespire is the best tes game

I sympathize, OP. It's hard retaining anything when you can't be arsed to read more than a sentence at a time.

Attached: 1542657153212.jpg (628x740, 61.38K)

Go to /ck/ and ask for deenz recommendations, your memory is terrible.

I like the one where you find random book pages in the wasteland that turn out to be breadcrumbs to some faggot scholar that got captured by the locals.
Dwemer puzzle box quest was crazy the first time around as well as collecting membership fees for the mages guild.

Hello, based department?

Attached: 1581995506394.jpg (680x545, 27.25K)

>What are some memorable quests from whatever game you think is better?
Oblivion:
Raining flaming dogs for sheogorath
Who dunnit mansion dark brother hood quest
stealing from the blind monks thieves guild quest
haunted house in anvil
burning black wood tree

Because you have a terrible memory.

>quest
lmao gamers

How is mercury going to help his memory?

Final thieves guild quest in Oblivion is the absolute peak of the entire franchise.

>>temple quest traveling to the shrines
First, and only, one I've remembered so far

Jesus christ. Anyone who doesn't have fond memories of playing Morrowind when it was new has no soul.

Fuck, imagine if they had the time to model and design even more of the inside of White Gold tower

Higher up in the food chain mercury bioaccumulates in fish like tuna. There's very little mercury in sardines.

No one is talking about having fond memories of playing it.
It's just its quests aren't memorable in the slightest.

Because you did not play it.

You are not sincere.

Morrowind isn't a very good game and is held up entirely by its story. For anyone who says story doesn't matter in video games, point them to morrowind. This game would have been long forgotten as another clunky ass backwards console port of a crpg from the early 2000s if the story was garbage.

>

Attached: 85698596701.jpg (400x469, 12.03K)

I remember the quest where if you go to Balmora from the left side some barbarian will try and rob you at the bridge.
I also remember the quest about some thot that got robbed by some gentleman thief and she wanted me to track him down and tell him how much she has fallen for him.
I remember the slave freeing quests and how there was an area like a giant farmhouse where the freed slaves were smuggled out of the continent and how one of them was a Morag tong agent in disguise.

zoomer cope

>I also remember the quest about some thot that got robbed by some gentleman thief and she wanted me to track him down and tell him how much she has fallen for him.
I remember this as well.
But compared to other games Morrowind has very few memorable quests, made worse by how many there are.
Even in its own series, Oblivion probably has more memorable quests from one faction than Morrowind does throughout its entirety.

I still don't know how to become a vampire and join a clan.
Even when i follow the steps to becoming one all the vampires at their hideouts attack me on the spot.

actually true. it's about immersing yourself in the world. Mid-late game is no longer about immersion but about reaching demigod tier power level and collecting items to display in your house.