Have you thanked him for your character development today?

Have you thanked him for your character development today?

Attached: Joker_Persona-5_Atlus_1920.jpg (1920x1280, 206.46K)

If you're implying that Joker has a shred of character development in P5 then you're a fucking dingus. Persona games have zero character development.

Nice reading comprehension you fucking inbred illiterate piece of garbage

wtf now i think adults bad
i'm so developed...

>fix your severe mental issues and problems by reading books, doing basic chores and doing homework
Fuck this game.

He was talking about how p5's main cast only develop through s.links with the protag similar to p4, instead of through the plot like p3.

Attached: f28730aabcb02981f7e20a60e6f0408c.jpg (1399x825, 117.7K)

No, I thank Shinji instead. He taught me how to not be a pussy in get in the fucking robot.

Actually he's referring to the third semester of Persona 5 Royal

SOMEONE PLEASE, ANYONE
YOU MUST RAPE SHIHO BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

SHE NEEDS HER CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Attached: 1576979080891.gif (366x304, 164.96K)

>trys to stop shido from raping someone early game
>rerapes shiho after she was unraped by snack man end game
Sounds like character development to me

>Joker forcibly changes how people act and think for his benefit
This is ok.
>Maruki forcibly changes how people act and think to grant happiness to everyone with no gain for himself
This is somehow wrong.

Ok Jooker. Get back to be me when you can self actualize.

Attached: Takuto_Azathoth.png (646x762, 285.52K)

I sure did!

Attached: 220px-Junkofurutaportrait.jpg (220x294, 10.12K)

The difference is that they aren't being hypocritical about it, its more about genuinely trying to fix distortions and the world at large best they can. Look at someone like Light, its essentially the same thing, only death is involved as the natural outcome rather than them coming to terms with their own actions/responsibilities/etc. Light however is doing the very same thing that he is condemning others for, becoming a hypocrite and then losing his ideals of the original point in the first place. The Phantom Thieves are just genuinely stop bad people. While they have no actual right to stop these people, its kind of the entire point of the ending. To let the police and actual adults handle these situations, even if they're going to fuck up because its about growing up and having to come to terms that you can't control everything, that your own ego and sense of justice can't always be satisfied no matter how hard you try or how good the things you may ultimately may be doing are.

There is a difference in their themes and teachings that set these apart, same as with Maruki. Maruki goes from a Phantom Thief basically trying to legit help to a Light, his own ambitions and goals distorted from what they originally were and becoming a legitimate concern for this universe's rules.

>light is not right!!!!
t. criminal

are there any actual valid arguments against maruki

Not a single one

muh escapism

Light is and isn't right. It's up to subjective opinion. What he is ultimately doing is good and wound up good, the issue with Light is that he eventually started targeting innocent people, only because they became an inconvenience for him. At the end of the day, he is a hypocrite. That's what makes stories like these and Persona so well thought out. You can take either side, see the positives and negatives of either side, and form your own sense of justice and opinion.

Who would be the better Death Note user in your own opinion?

>Joker helps at least 21 different individuals overcome their issues and become better people.
>The arcana represents a journey of people going through life and, with their own power, growing and maturing.
>Antagonist wants to remove the cycle of maturation and just make everyone vegetative nice people in a "safe space" where you can't say or do anything remotely negative.
>Main character is seen as a bad guy for bringing the world back to the way it was.
no

Attached: Persona 5 Royal_20200419053515.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

Having a better life after pain
or
Having a better life just because
hmmmmm a tough choice

From my own personal viewpoint, and we'll argue this from a Persona viewpoint, since this is what the thread ultimately is about. It should be someone like Sae/L. Not saying that they themselves wouldn't have their own issues and distortions when it came to using such a thing, or that such an ego with so much power wouldn't become a facet of their personality. But I think within their specific world views, they would at least have enough evidence to truly pass judgment on someone that is deserving of the death penalty. Unlike say Light that was getting to a point where he was targeting even petty criminals that harmed no one, nothing, etc. such as the ridiculous crime of jaywalking, or say his own father, who wasn't deserving to die in a scenario, or those that followed him that he killed solely because "they knew too much".

Its like the Phantom Thieves, what they're doing is good, but how long would that be kept up for. We even see it with Ryuji at times that wants to punish all adults and all people that do any kind of wrong, no matter the actual crime or reasoning. While maybe in the long run the fear would set in much like Death Note and things may end up being fixed, fear through a deterrent is not always the best course of action, though it is one course of action. Even in this scenario, who is to say Ryuji wouldn't become distorted himself for that very way of thinking? As I said, its purely subjective based on how you view things, but within Persona's world there is very clear rules of who is distorted and who isn't. Sure the entirely populace is ultimately distorted to some extent, but not enough to make a Palace and cause problems. For instance, look at Futaba, she's not a criminal, but her distortion is purely psychological, much like what Maruki was doing, but he took it too far beyond his initial ideals. Again you can argue whether you find personal fault in it or not, and either one would be valid because its subjective.

I spanked him instead

Attached: 1580496698298.jpg (848x1183, 167.8K)

dont remind me

Attached: 16a84e72e28bb2e0b17f0c11c151bf4976968d8fae56198c17989dee1b2f2a4e.jpg (345x379, 47.95K)

no, actually fucking none

>giving control of the world to one person, AND the person in question cant even solve their own problems
what could go wrong

>Fix distortions and world as best they can
>Joker only does heists because his ass is on the line
>Ryuji for 70% of the game does heists for thrills and fame
>Morgana does heists primarily to unlock more of momentos to get to the truth of his past
>Everyone else just does it because "muh mean adults"

P5 protag fails on all accounts though
>destroys all the palaces but returns the palace owners back to being under the holy grail's command
>Kill Yaldy but doesn't have an actual tangible replacement for his order
>Just gives up the Phantom thieves, leaving the collective unconscious to again beg another God in ~5 years to materialize and chain down mankind just like with Erebus and Izanami.
>He didn't become an ascendant being so Philemon's hopes are dashed

Maruki on the other hand finally breaks the cycle of the need for the collective unconscious constantly creating these gods to fuck them by LITERALLY becoming an ascended being and doing the thing Philemon wants from everyone, and that is Self-actualization. He stifles the rest of humanity by sedating them in his world, but he ends their suffering and fighting forever (essentially fucking Nyarly's hope of mankind ever ruining itself) and proves better than any Wild Card the potential of the self-actualized man.

Attached: Verac545.jpg (862x864, 96.2K)

a really big factor that shows he's not in this for himself is the fact that you don't see him parading around with his ex-gf the moment he can alter reality

Maruki isnt fixing anything thing. Hes brainwashing them to forget, shiho is weaker now that she forgets her rapes. She is still raped inside and will never grow from it.

that was actually a pretty big point in the game, no one is forgetting anything if nothing even happened

Nyarly BTFO.

I haven't played Royal so everything I know is pretty much just from these threads, but allowing one man to control reality sounds like it could go very wrong, no matter how benevolent they may be at first. Anyone could easily get drunk off of having such control, he's only human. It sounds like he even isn't completely impartial because apparently he allows Shido to continue suffering? And what happens when Maruki dies? Does everyone just remember all the horrible shit that happened before he took power?
It's looking like a great short term solution, but what about later? Does the game touch on this?

>ZOOMERS GOOD
>PEOPLE OVER 25 YEARS OLD BAAAAD

WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS THE THOUGHTFUL COMMENTARY THE PERSONA SERIES IS KNOWN FOR!!!