Oblivion

What are your thoughts on this game? I'm having a blast with it right now and while it isn't as interesting as Morrowind, and has aged poorly in the graphical department, it's been pretty fun to play.

Attached: The_Elder_Scrolls_IV_Oblivion_cover.png (264x375, 210.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T7NqyQCSz-Y
youtu.be/2d8yCWF4cBY
youtu.be/9FtqBWHfUqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's really quite fun. As far as fun and whimsy it's the best of the series.

fun until the level scaling kicks in
kinda shit main story

the shivering isles is just the best the series could ever offer

Attached: 1570405945068.jpg (825x550, 256.59K)

I kinda want to replay it but cant be bothered to mod out the shitty parts

Attached: pizza.jpg (1200x515, 134.14K)

I hate any and all quests that require showing at some place at a specific time, they are mostly buggy or I have to waste time waiting because I can only forward one hour too late.

That said, my mind was blown the first time I played it.

Horse armor

What makes Sjyrim better than Oblivion?

best TES

Its pretty shit because character building and leveling is atrocious, but if you ignore that it has some good quests.

>Disgusting abomination
>Actual pizza
>Di gusting abomination
Seems about right. Americans have no idea what a Pizza is, its supposed to be thin.

It's fucking stupid, but also knows it is. It barely even pretends to take itself seriously outside of the main quest, which is one reason why the main quest sucks. In any given quest, more than likely at least one of the retard NPCs you have to talk to will get killed in a hilarious way. It just fucking LOVES to take the piss out of itself and humiliate its characters, creating the interesting power fantasy of being the least ugly and autistic person in the world. A shame the combat, as it always fucking is in elder scrolls, is pretty boring, and oblivion's vanilla progression system is utterly ass backwards retarded. Luckily, simple mods that have been around for over a decade make it much less tedious and stupid.

It's kino, I want to replay it with a shit ton of mods but I'm not sure if it's better to wait until Skyblivion comes out since it's been so long since I've played it that it will be like a new game.

Attached: bosmer training athletics.jpg (900x1200, 128.29K)

He was 12 when it was released.

It's fucking weird how Oblivion's DLC progression was basically modern monitization deteriorization, buy backwards. First, a no effort cosmetic, then some low effort housing mods, then a decently lengthy quest plugin, then finally an actually fantastic and huge expansion pack.

A broken, ugly mess with a lovely soundtrack and the retarded charm of a downie at the special olympics.

Attached: 900px-OB-npc-Glarthir.jpg (900x900, 149.05K)

Why would you want to play oblivion without attributes? The only fun gameplay thing to do in oblivion is abuse the shit out of custom magic.

it has a lot of good aspects but it is far from being a perfect game. shivering isles is better in every way but not adding new music was a crime
biggest issue is how you can "eventually do everything" and become the master of each guild with no consequence. there are very few quests outside the shivering isles with multiple outcomes or permanently missable items
if i become the archmage of the mages guild i shouldnt be able to join the fighters guild and if i'm in the dark brotherhood i shouldn't be able to join the thieves guild etc etc

Attached: 1562976770606.jpg (538x573, 132.87K)

You should have PAID THE FINE

Attached: Imperial Watch.jpg (1600x1000, 611.63K)

eeeYEEHAH

WHAT'S THE MATTER, GETTING TIRED?
I'M JUST WARMING UP, YOU PATHETIC WORM
THIS IS THE PART, WHERE YOU FALL DOWN AND BLEED TO DEATH
WHY
WONT
YOU
DIE

HELP HELP

I'M BEING ATTACKED

>biggest issue is how you can "eventually do everything"

is morrowind different in that regard?

i wouldn't know. i imagine it's better in some aspects but i only managed to play for 5 minutes before dying to a bug because my attacks "missed" and quit
i get missing attacks is an rpg staple but keep that shit away from games where i can see my sword visibly fucking hitting the enemy and have to aim to begin with

It's shitty in the exact perfect way that manages to completely turn it around and make it super charming, it's also really colorful and comfy

>shivering isles is better
shivering isles was awful

Undeniably the best and comfiest Elder Scrolls game, all you need is some mods. Don’t forget that New Vegas Anti Crash works on Oblivion.

t. dagon

>Hello
>It's you, hi
>What's going on with you?
>I saw a mudcrab near the river the other day, nasty little creatures
>I've heard others say the same
>So long
>You too

>Americans have no idea what a Pizza is, its supposed to be thin

Greetings from New York!

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 120.11K)

I FOUGHT MUDCRABS MORE FEARSOME THAN YOU

Americans are the only ones that actually know what pizza is, italian pizza is dry dogshit, bongs fucking deep fry their pizza, and we don't even need to talk about the crimes against nature that leafs have committed on pizza

What do you want, Breton trash?

I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD, YOU FILTHY NORD
YOU ELVES ARE ALL THE SAME, ALL FLASH, AND NO FURY
YOU'LL MAKE A FINE PAIR OF BOOTS, LIZARD
DIE, YOU MANGY HOUSE CAT

STOP! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW! PAY THE COURT A FINE OR SERVE YOUR SENTENCE. YOUR STOLEN GOODS ARE NOW FORFEIT.

THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!!

AM I SUPPOSED TO BE IMPRESSED?
I'VE FOUGHT MUDCRABS FIERCER THAN YOU
YOU SHOULD HAVE PAID THE FINE

Honestly I've been playing it and it's a blast, it's even better with mods to enhance the graphics. But for some reason now I can't play it anymore, since Steam says it's running despite having quit the game. I tried everything and couldn't fix it, and it won't let me uninstall it either

Attached: 164868265.jpg (370x278, 32.33K)

>oblivion
>aged poorly in the graphical department
How? Is anything that isn't photo realistic considered poor by the standards of this board?

Attached: 1576560942167.jpg (930x916, 70.89K)

>Seems about right. Americans have no idea what a Pizza is, its supposed to be thin.

kek Italian pizza is a glorified dry-ass pita bread with olive oil and a teeny tiny bit of cheese sprinkled on top, and if you're lucky there might be some undetectable traces of tomato sauce molecules.

>papa john's better than authentic new york style pizza

I guess that's your opinion, but to me it's clear what the picture is meant to convey is that Oblivion > Skyrim

first person to make me laugh since quarantine

Oblivion's OST is peak comfy.
youtu.be/T7NqyQCSz-Y
youtu.be/2d8yCWF4cBY
youtu.be/9FtqBWHfUqI

Attached: 1432766909704.gif (392x400, 652.5K)