Animal Crossing in a nutshell. It may be the most pure example of nu-fun ever created

Animal Crossing in a nutshell. It may be the most pure example of nu-fun ever created.

Attached: 1578675552574[1].jpg (800x600, 80.73K)

If you think you're having fun you are having fun. Fun is a fucking mental state. "Fake fun" can't exist, only things that are fun for some people and not others.

Peak Yas Forums

How can nu-fun apply to animal crossing when it's core gameplay remains unchanged from the gamecube version?

Because Nintendo's never made a good game.

>nu-fun
but games like that have always existed, ie beat-em-ups

fun is subjective

You could literally say this about any game you dislike. What matters is that you dont find it fun. If this isnt bait, its seriously sad.

Your shitty meme isn't going to take off, no matter how hard you try to force it.

Attached: shrugtae.png (1622x1602, 814.32K)

YOU CANT JUST CRITICIZE A NINTENDO PRODUCT!!! CONSUME YOU FUCKING SHITLORD

Attached: 1569431164620.png (384x293, 17.21K)

>stop enjoying games that I dont enjoy!

Attached: 1WFRNIrR_10ENxJxE4nIW_g7MzBXlLUMv.jpg (706x960, 50.78K)

How is a nintendo game and different from any other game that one CONSOOOMS SHITLORD!

My problem with Animal Crossing is that it's casual. No challenge whatsoever. I just can't forgive that no matter the genre. You don't need guns and shooting and violence to have some semblance of challenge. Just give me something to make me feel like the game isn't playing itself.

name 10 good games

FPGP

there is no universal definition of fun. it's up to the individual and their preferences.

stuff like this are just rationalizations autists make because they are incapable of processing someone seeing the world differently from them. Enjoy something they couldn't get into? you must be having fake fun, or stupid, or suffering Stockholm Syndrome(even though they don't know what it means).

it's not valid because it could be said about anything you dislike and it's only indicative of an insular worldview and inability to cope with other opinions.

Imagine not enjoying a zen garden.

Truly. We're now trying to force someone's own subjectivity upon themselves.

Attached: Blackarot.png (484x377, 176.88K)

Or a movie, since it offers no challenge.
Or a book because its light hearted.
Or a song, because its popular.

OP is peak Yas Forums stupidity

Also every Open World game ever made. But the worst ones are like Zelda Botw where they are linear LARPing as Open World. At least in Minecraft you can make your own goals, but Botw is literally a generic Zelda game with 99% useless grinding.

Tranimal Crossing is just a bad game in general.

Fake fun is the kind of fun that ceases to be fun when it's a memory
Real fun stays fun after it's over

theyre called belt-scrollers and they are fun

Enjoying a Zen garden or a book or a movie passively is boring as hell. MAKING them, on the other hand, is fun because it requires dedication, discipline, and an adherence to quality. This is why my favorite video games are the ones with very little scripting and give you some semblance of freedom, but they also heavily push back against you so you're not just rolling through the game without difficulty.

It‘s not even a game, it‘s a chore simulator

I haven't ever played an Animal Crossing and got annoyed by Stardew Valley 10 minutes in.
Is there any good reason to play this kind of crap over something like Factorio?

get a load of this guy!

>dude, you're not actually enjoying yourself. Trust me.
I can't believe some retard on the internet knows me better than me. Holy shit....

Imagine being OP and having Nintendo live in your head rent free 24 hours a day 7 days a week lol

I can't think of a single time I was having fun and looking back now no longer feel like it was fun. Is that really something other people have to deal with? Christ, that sounds miserable.

You sound like a tryhard, so no

If by Animal Crossing you mean Final Fantasy VII Remake then I agree.

it's a game for tranny freaks and soi-guzzling numales
back to your """comfy""" general

I think this applies more to ASSFAGGOTS and MMOs, the kind of games that fuck with the rewards center of your brain

lmao dilate

but a zen garden involves making it beautiful and perfect, just like a little town with silly animals

>buzzwords the person
Imagine being this brainwashed. What do you think your talking points will be in 3 years?

I would agree with this. I distinctly recall playing Destiny and my thought process was never "this game is fun" but instead "once I get this next unlock I will start having fun" so I stopped playing.

I'm not. I'm quite casual but I hate it when games are shallow, I always want to be able to delve deeper even though I never get all that proficient at the game.

dunno about AC, just here to brag about the fact I'm posting this reply from a nintendo switch

I don't know if I'd call it a deep game, it's more comfy like Cities Skylines

Imagine redefining enjoyment so that the hollow pit into which you throw your wasted energy can ring with the echoes of your own failed sense of superiority.

Imagine turning your eyes up from the desolation of your own self-indulgence to see the garden of youth you turned your back on, and feeling absolutely nothing but jealousy for those still with the capacity for joy.

Imagine looking back again, seeing your kingdom of nothing and smiling to yourself so that you can imagine somehow that you've chosen this path because it's where you've always wanted to be. Alone and miserable and oh so fucking grateful to be so gifted as to never feel those false feelings of happiness, love or satisfaction ever again.

Attached: ohhyyeah.jpg (435x338, 15.79K)

t. zoomer with brainrot trying to act superior for not liking stuff

imagine thinking playing video games can be a constructive use of energy lmao have sex

Is there no significant degree of proficiency or effective planning?

>fun is what I say it is!!!!!

Fun thread? Fun thread.

Attached: 1557699547059.jpg (1242x2223, 293.7K)

Playing video games at least has something intended to be cathartic at the end.
Yelling at people about how they're not REALLY having fun on Yas Forums has no catharsis, the only reply is "stop being a retard". You have to be one of the saddest lowlives on the planet to get enjoyment from that.

>Have fun drinking with friends late at night
>regret it the next morning with a headache
>Just claim it was nu-fun and that I wasn't actually having fun
This sounds like the argument you are making

Animal Crossing only clicked with me once I started time traveling. I disliked the commitment required to interact with the dollhouse every day, but as a Harvest Moon, it's pretty comfy

well, on another level it's about planning out the most efficient route around your island for dailies

Games such as Candy Crush and other mobile swipe gacha games are considered nu-fun, because instead of crafting an enjoyable and distinct experience, they prey on your dopamine receptors and are more like slot machines disguised as video games.

maybe i like the idea of being the saddest lowlife ever

His point was that OP is essentially saying "FUN IS WHAT I SAY IT IS" and positing that you can be tricked into thinking you're having fun to explain any discrepancies.