No good magical girl games of note outside of rare stuff like Sailor Moon S while shonen manga series get fighting...

>no good magical girl games of note outside of rare stuff like Sailor Moon S while shonen manga series get fighting games and musous of variable quality
>magical girl series are highly diverse, from the magical sci-fi setting of Lyrical Nanoha, to the surreal desolation of Madoka Magica, to the more conventional superhero-style theatrics of stuff like Precure or Symphogear or the early genre stuff like Cutey Honey or Sailor Moon
>could easily lend themselves to all kinds of genres from shooters to beat em ups to more conventional action RPGs
>also it's easier and way more lucrative to just make a gacha mobage, have the voice actresses record some lines and then sell some twitching JPEGs on a roulette wheel

Attached: 80647977_p0.png (2656x2634, 2.72M)

Magical Girls are boring now. There's a reason why it barely exists outside of Precure and Madoka anymore.

Dyke shit magnet. No thanks.

What the fuck is up with Japan and "Magical girls?"

Remember when mahou shoujos weren't about shitty yuribat

Attached: 1576374095290.jpg (992x752, 38.03K)

>boys get to see cute girls and lots of action
>girls get to see cute girls and have a story starring female characters not getting sidelined by generic self-insert

Everybody wins.

I guess, but it's just weird. The term "magical girl" just seems so odd.

Because the original magical girls were really just cute witch girls doing magic stuff, hence the name.

If it’s any consolation, magia record is currently the only good gacha game available

Yuri and mahou shoujo have always entwined user

Nope

How would you design a Magical Girl MMORPG?

Is Parin a magical girl?
>Little girl
>Hangs out with magical creatures
>Fights monsters
>Has a legendary weapon
>Uses elemental magic
>Has a sequence where she gets naked but covered by shiny lights

Attached: 273749-parin_5.jpg (526x640, 35.78K)

No

Yep, actually. You can post exceptions but the genres have been pretty much melded from the word go.

Magical Girl manga/anime don't really have the same mainstream appeal than most popular shonen manga, so when it comes to videogames they are going to either aim them at little girls, like those DS/3DS precure ones, or go directly to the otaku market while ignoring the original demographic, like the old Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura games, and let's be honest, neither of those publics need much to be satisfied.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 251.32K)

>or go directly to the otaku market
>while ignoring the original demographic
>implying implications

just play neps, it's practically the same thing

Hey, not everything is originally meant to appeal specifically to the otaku market, that's why even though you, me and they know a big number of the people who keep something like Pretty Cure afloat are middle aged men buying products, it is still is aimed to little girls first and foremost, that's why they refuse to do something like a Precure musou.
Stuff like Nanoha or Madoka though, those are a different story.

Attached: 8d31d4402fc2f9a455fd0455501e62ee.jpg (1000x637, 140.12K)

Reminder to laugh at every pleb that calls madoka a deconstruction

>choose character backstory(e.g. normal plucky freshman, cool senior-year senpai, sukeban delinquent, etc.)
>choose class
>e.g. brawler which can develop into either sophisticated martial artist or rough-and-tumble street fighter augmenting strikes with magic
>mage(traditional magical girl staff user or even classic cute witch girl)
>ranger type that can either become a magic bow user or a gunslinger using real guns/magic guns
>weapon user(sword fighter, axe/hammer user, spear user, etc.)

Honestly I feel like it would lend itself alright to a Diablo-kind or L4D/Vermintide kind of game where 2-6 people can team up, rather than try to build an MMO out of it. If just because magical girls like using barriers rather than somebody being a dedicated "tank" type of person.

Attached: 1386090248070.jpg (870x1236, 290.95K)

Does Magia Record have a lot of yuri in it?

But I want a good game.

Boy howdy

Attached: magia record influence.png (2000x1600, 3.42M)

yuribait.

user even hetwood is gay, it's as far from yuribait as possible with all these couples.

魔法少女
まほうーしょうじょ
maho- sho-jo
Literally "magic girl". It's not an English term

Hetero Magicl Girls > Yuri magical girls

It's just the truth.

Attached: 1574231119878.jpg (670x678, 355.13K)

The main two girls are obviously meant to evoke Madoka and Homura, even with their age gap(Yachiyo being in college) and they aren't afraid to play the hits, so to speak.

Attached: A_Short_Rest_Full.jpg (954x648, 119.54K)

No magical girl anime compares to this

Remember when mahou shoujo was about the shoujo, not the mahou?

Amu remembers.

Attached: __amulet_heart_and_hinamori_amu_shugo_chara_drawn_by_varyu__sample-6d0e18960103c7851a41175015841634.jpg (850x1212, 372.87K)

I would go more towards City of Heroes/Villains
But maybe, it's because I miss that game so much.

What is it that compels most magical girls to such levels of rampant lesbianism?

Attached: 1570500635654.png (1448x2048, 3.31M)

It's the shoujo part, which is notoriously, rampantly gay.

Attached: __daidouji_tomoyo_kero_and_kinomoto_sakura_cardcaptor_sakura_drawn_by_keylin_lin__612ec8b75c1ca846ac1f965fa10f331d.jpg (1200x810, 736.63K)

>lesbian magical girl incest
This is absolutely disgusting. I hate it!

Attached: 1581983655065.jpg (1043x704, 71.93K)

God, I love girls getting touchy and intimate with each other like that. It gives me a heartboner.

I'm amazed that none of the other magical girls gives them any shit for being not only openly gay but also openly incestuous

Attached: 1577410886804.png (858x941, 1.3M)

And thus why Mahou Shoujo started to focus on it. Heartboners are a very serious untapped market.

Attached: more_ways.png (576x825, 696.08K)

Fuck you, Aimi is straight.