I’m getting tired of remakes of cartoony platform games adding excess detail to the visuals...

I’m getting tired of remakes of cartoony platform games adding excess detail to the visuals. Just kind of clutters everything up and makes it look more bland

Attached: CFA2039F-1A02-4184-A205-E30CED169793.jpg (1920x1080, 336.46K)

Attached: 1586815433394.jpg (1230x1008, 236.45K)

stop playing games made for children autist

You’re in a videogame board autist

just zug my shit up warchief

Attached: 1581768739967.webm (1266x480, 2.74M)

if you don't like how it looks then don't fucking play jesus christ don't you people have better things to worry about right now

it's also a site only for people over the age of 18
if you don't like how childrens games are designed to appeal to children don't play them

>work
>sleep
>consume
>obey

>consume
He just told you not to consume if you don't like it.

These are remasters of games we played as kids, who else to judge the quality of the remasters than us. If they wanted us to fuck off they would've made something else.

Attached: 1523273949367.webm (1200x674, 1.51M)

lmao

The 3rd one is BLIZZARD HIRE THIS MAN tier.

You mean the second one

>Is anyone else not a fan of the art direction of remakes? Sometimes less is more and it looks a bit ug-
>GOD DAMN IMAGINE BEING SO FUCKING MAD OVER FUCKING CHILDRENS GAMES JESUS CHRIST
What is with this strange phenomenon?

The second one is mobile trash not even worth mentioning

people don’t like negativity when they're excited for a remake of their favorite game I guess

half the time these remakes feel they are made by people that hate the original game so miss the point and go out of there way to change as much random shit as possible

in the case of the BFBB remake I heard its because Nick wants it to look more like the CGI from the 2nd movie, more than a direct 1 to 1 translation of the show's art style

Not an excuse. I'm a fan of Spyro but was still able to handle the criticisms of the remake with grace even if I completely disagreed with some of them while still being excited and looking forward to every bit of information that being leaked.

Ok, cool.
I'm not, they're easily the most fun I've had during the last two shitty console gens, and I don't see that changing next gen.

Attached: 1419639384020.jpg (196x178, 13.09K)

imagine if they remade Megaman Legends and they got rid of the flat anime looking textures in favor of traditional lighting and shiny skin. Wouldn’t that be kind of disappointing?

Which is weird, you would think they would want it to look more like the new one, which adapts the look and world of the show into 3D pretty well, whereas the second one only did the main cast against realistic backgrounds

It would be based

Attached: volnutt.jpg (1596x950, 314.48K)

"people" who spam that kind of shit don't have a functional brain

I'm still hyped. BFBB will be the first game I'll buy on release day in 1.5 decades.

Gross. Completely loses the charm.

fucking lol

>composed like a painting (the LOD helps the effect)
>the distant gondola station is highlighted against the pastel skybox and the deep blue mountain
>the ice is clear and reflective and painted with the color of the sky
>the explosion looks like a magical spell
>the sky creates the feeling of being safe on a fantasy mountaintop during twilight

>no composition at all (and looks busy since everything has the same amount of detail regardless of distance)
>the gondola station is indiscernible against the sky, the distant mountains, the nearby mountain, and the ice, all of which are the same color
>the ice is rough and cracked and not reflective, looks like rock
>the explosion is realistic and dangerous looking, clashes with the aesthetic
>the sky creates the feeling of scaling a bleak rocky mountain during gloomy overcast weather

Attached: 1541755432942.jpg (2222x720, 388.33K)

this is what I’m getting at. Seems like a lot of these aesthetic choices are based on what's currently considered cool or popular

right>left

I played the first three games when I was 9 and they're some of my most cherished memories, yet the second picture doesn't bother me at all and I would thoroughly enjoy those graphics.

The PC point and click SpongeBob game for the first movie had a sublime atmosphere and amazing faithful aesthetics. It was both eerie and comfy at the same time, and the inevitable empty air that occurs when you're trying to figure out a puzzle punctuated with the characters' remarks added greatly to it.

Attached: sb.jpg (973x721, 154.9K)