What is the best controller for PC?

What is the best controller for PC?

Attached: 7495254_R_SET.jpg (620x620, 36.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc
digitec.ch/en/s1/product/microsoft-xbox-wireless-controller-cable-for-windows-game-controllers-10246757
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mouse and keyboard.

Well, you just posted it

Coming in second is the xbox 360 controller

Definitely Xbox One because it just werks if you're on Windows. I like the PS4 more as a console but for PC games the Xbox One controller is the only one I'll use

I still prefer to play with mouse and keyboard almost always though

Forget OP, what's the best controller for Android?

It really depends on the game
>fps
Keyboard and mouse
>rts
Keyboard and mouse
>emulator for 5th through 6th gen hardware (excluding n64, vs, etc.)
8bitdo controller sn30 pro
>Nintendo emulator for n64 and up
Original hardware and USB adapter

Steam Controller

360 or Xbone with launch-era wireless adapter for anything that accepts Xinput.
DS1/2 with adapter or DS4 either with default Windows drivers or with 3rd party drivers for everything else.

This should have read
>emulator through 5th or 6th gen console

test

I still have a xbox 360 controller. Works well on linux. Haven't tried others.

OP here, since most of you confirm that Xbone is the best PC controller, do you know if a specific first-party bluetooth adaptor is necessary, or can any bluetooth adaptor make it work wirelessly with my Win10 PC? I know the question sounds retarded, but I tried a 3rd party adaptor with my Dualshock 4 and the fucking thing never worked, had to connect it via USB every time.

The Xbone S controller works with any bluetooth controller but the first party adapter is optional
The original Xbone controller requires the first party wireless adapter since it uses its own protocol and lacks bluetooth

Both of them can work by plugging them in with a micro usb cable

Should technically work with any Bluetooth adapter but some of those adapters are so shit I'm amazed they connect with anything desu.
You'll need an S-era controller to use Bluetooth though. One in the OP would need either a cable or the MS-only adapter.
Which controller you got?
beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc

I picked a random BT adapter (maybe it was Asus?) from my drawer and yes it worked.

However what I noticed is that the xbone controller on bluetooth uses more batteries than the 360 controller with its own wireless receiver. Also the xbone controller has no indication for low battery and in Skyrim when it runs out it leads to some weird things happening. So I prefer the 360 controller wireless and the xbone controller wired.

Elite series 2.
>USB type c
>Comes with charging dock
>Actual mechanical engineering went into making it feel premium and robust
>Can remove the joysticks for easy cleaning and swapping them
>Can use over Bluetooth, wired or Xbox wireless shit.
>Can get an adapter and play on other consoles.
If you don't have one of these and you do any sort of controller gaming then you're actually a faggot.

Unironically the Oculus touch controllers. Next is the Razer Hydra. Now if only there were games meant to use them we could move on from the same old controllers we've been using for twenty years now. Instead this thread will be literally arguing between the PlayStation or Xbox controllers which are basically the same thing

The Windows game bar should just tell you when your batteries are low
My controller also lasts a good 30 hours when using the Microsoft adapter instead of bluetooth, but plugging in headphones brings that down to like 8 hours

Here's your (You)

Thanks this is useful. I haven't bought it yet, doing some research as usual before buying.
So, it looks like Xbone S specifically is the way to go. Is there any way to make sure the controller is indeed Xbone S series when ordering online, like does the box show it? I have a cheap third party adaptor, don't know if that'll be an issue. If it's really worth it I'd be happy to spend the extra money on a first party adaptor, but only if really worthwhile.
I'm trying to declutter but I suppose I can play wired if it really is better.

So with the first party adaptor, battery will last longer?

>The Windows game bar
I don't know what that is. I generally don't install anything extra but I'll look into it.

DS4 has gyro and a touchpad. The only company that hasn't moved on with controller design since 2005 is Microsoft yet people will peddle their shit because muh plug and play on their retard OS.

SN30 Pro Plus. It supports custom bindings, USB-C for charging, can change the sensitivity for the triggers/sticks, has multiple modes (xinput, dinput, switch which steam supports for gyro).

You want the top one
Picture on the box matches if it's a new one. If you're buying used then good luck.

Attached: xbox-bluetooth-comparison-100802518-large.jpg (1200x804, 105.08K)

>Is there any way to make sure the controller is indeed Xbone S series when ordering online, like does the box show it?
Get one that advertises bluetooth support?

Steam controller is the best if you can handle making your own profiles, it's extremely flexible and by far the most precise and quick for anything involving aiming and camera control. Only a real mouse is better than a Steam controller and everything else is an order of magnitude worse. I don't play fighting games though, so I don't know how good it is for those.

Attached: 81oyj8wrlCL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1044, 104.38K)

Isn't the top one 2017? At this point many xbox one pads out there are the bluetooth model.

Attached: KjY7KGoEFdcsX1b-rgKVR-czXA9P75WynmLAm4GLMvc.jpg (960x905, 174.26K)

xbone wireless controller
make sure to get model 1709

You'd assume so but there's still places out there selling brand new launch-era Xbones and accessories.
If OP is in an european country or buying from a smaller retailer, god knows what they've got in stock.
Always pays to be careful.

Thanks, this is great. Tempted to play it safe and buy it new with cable (that way I have the option of using the cable if I want to). Unfortunately prices in my country seem a little fucked (CHF is about the same as USD)
digitec.ch/en/s1/product/microsoft-xbox-wireless-controller-cable-for-windows-game-controllers-10246757

It's unfortunately not always said explicitly on certain websites, and more importantly I wanted to know in case I buy secondhand.

XBox One S/X. It also has Bluetooth support.

If you have microUSB cables already, there's no need to get the one with a cable.

FYI There's also bundles out there which include the first party adapter.
How are Xbone prices for you swiss in general?
In my comfy little european shithole you could get an Xbone SAD (the one without a disc drive) with a controller for 99 euros last christmas.

Yeah that's right.

>What is the best controller for PC?
Xbox One would be best but there's no gyro, so it's the worst.
Between Steam, BetterJoyForCEMU, and DS4JOY, using Switch Pro or DS4 work 100% as well as an Xbox controller for XINPUT

One thing to keep in mind: if you buy the Xbox One controller for PC, you're stuck with Windows 10 if you use bluetooth. Windows 7 and 8.1 don't fully support it and require something like x360ce to work on any game at all. This is deliberate, of course. You can use it wired if that's your cup of tea.

OK good to know, I think I'm already using mine with something else so might be good for the cheap cable anyway.

Xbone prices and consoles are pretty good, given the purchasing power. I never wanted to buy an actual Xbone though so can't say, but PS4 and Switch are about as expensive as the UK (sometimes you even get better deals). Games are a little too expensive though, I always order from French or Brit amazon.

>DS4 has gyro and a touchpad.
that no PC game uses
I specifically bought a Xbox controller because using dualshock was a pain, both 3 and 4. Sometimes it wouldn't connect, sometimes the vibration would be slightly off, fuck all that, xbone just works

>Wanting to add latency to your controller
Lel

Every game with mouse input (read: all of them) supports gyroscope.

I "upgraded" to 10 recently with my new build, hate it and miss Windows 7. But at least for things like this it's good. Can't believe how shit Windows 10 is though.

This is what you're looking for if you run Windows 10 as your main OS, you can use it both with the proprietary dongle or via Bluetooth.
The main benefit of the dongle is that it allows you to stream audio to the 3.5mm headset jack on the controller.

Attached: controle-xbox-one-s-preto-novo-adaptador-sem-fio-pc-12x-D_NQ_NP_824456-MLB27330579667_052018-F.jpg (1198x1200, 207.48K)

Technically you just need steam to make any game use gyro though. You could play any FPS on PC on steam that way. As for the touchscreen though, kinda useless. If I had to choose a controller with gyro I would not pick up the DS4 because the battery life on that shit is absolutely pathetic.

>that no PC game uses
Actually, a lot of the more recent games support it completely. Red Dead 2 for example. Not including the fact that you can literally also use the touchpad as a mouse.
Then there's also Playstation Now games, having a dualshock is extremely useful. Also dualshock was first to support connecting to mobile platforms/externals as well (like stadia) which was nice.
PLUS, at the end of the day you could always have it emulate 360 controls too so you're not locked out of anything.
Having a 360/XB1 controller on the other hand, does limit you. But they tend to be cheaper.

>that no PC game uses
Literally any game you want can use it on PC. It's up to you to configure it.

t. doesn't understand how modern controllers work

It's even worse than that.
If you use the new model of the first party adapter it ONLY works with Win 10.
Of the half dozen models of the first party adapter, two work with Windows 7, one works down to Windows XP, one works with only Windows 10 and two work down to Windows 8.1.
And not a single fucking one says on it which exact model it is. And despite the six different insides, there's only two different casings for the damn things.

dualshock 4

Yeah it's dumb. Microsoft pushed really hard to do that kind of crap. I was surprised to learn there was an application to manage the controller... until I realized how useless it is unless you have the elite one that costs a fucking fortune.

I'm curious though, is there any benefit from buying a receiver instead of just using bluetooth? I heard there wasn't any difference regarding input lag.

Still Xbox one

>inb4 it's bad because it's different

Battery life and audio support

The adapter also lets you connect 8 controllers at once

Fug I didn't even know that. I though there was just the old model (Win 7 and up) and the new one (Win 10 only).

I actually meant to hunt down one of the older ones to use on my HTPC, but at the same time it also needed windows reinstalled and I just bought an LTSC code for $4 instead. And finally the worse battery life of xbone+bluetooth caused me to move back to the 360 controller.

OK well fuck, guess I'll need to pay extra for the first party adaptor. I want the audio support and improved battery life.

I got mine for 45 Eur with the dongle, which is basically what I paid years ago for my 360 pad + wireless receiver back in the day.
The audio streaming feature is worth it, the 360 also had it but the audio quality was only suitable for voice chat.

>The audio streaming feature is worth it
What is it useful for? I mean I have speakers at all my computers?

OP here, I live with my wife in a flat and for both hers and my neighbours' sanity I think playing with headphones is the way to go.

Xbox controller in left hand and mouse in right hand.

Wired Xbox 360 gets my vote. The triggers on the Xbone controller stick with the smallest amount of skin oil and require you to pry a flimsy plastic piece off the side to clean it out.

Yes I'm sure there's some way that Bluetooth has the same or less latency than 2.4 wireless signal yes yes.

You can't name even 5 things that 10 is worse at doing than 7 you stupid Luddite

This is how I play GTA V