3 > New Vegas

Am I mentally retarded for preferring this to New Vegas? Obviously the world building and writing is 1000 times better in New Vegas but I play these games for exploration and just fucking around basically.

If I want a good story I'll go read a book or watch a movie, video game stories are fucking stupid, even the writing in New Vegas pales in comparison to a good show like The Wire or something.

Fallout 3 has a more interesting setting and world, the exploration is better and it's just more fun and "gamey" than New Vegas so I prefer it. Yes, I know the writing is horrible but it's a game so I don't care.

Attached: 220px-Fallout_3_cover_art.png (220x368, 126.79K)

New Vegas has the better designed world and the denser content and more rewarding exploration, but at the end of the day, your preference is your own, and no, a different taste does not make you retarded.

t. like both 3 and NV and 4

>posting the same "Fallout 3 wasn't so bad" threads all week long
Is this autism?

>Fallout 3 has a more interesting setting and world, the exploration is better and it's just more fun and "gamey" than New Vegas
this is incorrect

The world design and atmosphere is far better in 3. There are lots of good quests in 3 as well. Nothing wrong with you.

No, I like the Capital Wasteland better than the Mojave myself
Just play Tale of Two Wastelands

New Vegas has a more intelligently constructed world, like it's logically consistent (e.g. farms outside large settlements, no towns built around a nuclear fucking bomb) but I just find it aesthetically boring and kinda baren compared to Fallout 3.

The idea of players just wanting to "explore the world" of a video game is fucking retarded to me. Why not just go outside and explore if that's all you want? I played a bunch of open world games and was bored to tears as I had no objective other than to just walk around endlessly and talk to NPCs.

I get what you're saying but I can't explore a nuked Washington DC with 1950s aesthetics in real life, that's kinda the point

Very true. You got me there. But what is worth exploring. I played FO3 and when I got out of the vault it was mostly just wrecked buildings with not much in them. You explored and really got nothing of interest for the most part.

Do Fallout 3 likers think they got anything out of Bethesda using the Fallout license instead of making a more generic post-apocalyptic world with their own license instead? I think any reasonable person that has played the old Fallouts realizes that Bethesda clearly didn't have a deep interest and just mined the license for cool bits and pieces they could use to decorate the post-apocalypse they really wanted to make, which is mostly about skeletons holding teddybears and a touristy visit to a post-apoc version of a real city like DC or Boston.

I agree actually, the "Fallout" license really adds nothing to what I like about Fallout 3. But if I'm being honest I think the original Fallout games are a pretty bland ripoff of Mad Max aesthetically anyway so I don't really care.

>New Vegas has a more intelligently constructed world, like it's logically consistent
No one cares about that autism shit.

Random events, quests, random combat segments, buildings with cool loot. Really isn't that hard to figure out.

>quests
90% walking to your destination

That reminds me, it was kind of dumb that New Vegas didn't have random encounters
Every single other game has them

>guys look at what they eat
Who the fuck cares?

Reddit spacing
prefers 3 over new vegas

Attached: BiodegradableGiganticBass-size_restricted.gif (395x520, 1.69M)

I'm the same way, the D.C. metro was way cooler than any area in new vegas, the world was boring and the structure was rail-roady. also nv is buggier

This is a stupid opinion and you should delete this thread and kys.

>paragraphs is reddit spacing

Attached: 3lj6s5l.gif (652x562, 391.51K)

Some people preferred the free form exploration of 3 and some preferred the more structured style of NV.
Both are valid points of view.

I liked both so yay me. Well except for Dead Money that was utter trash.

Same people that say stuff like this will say that they like 3 more than 1/2 because of immersion.

Fallout 4 is better than both because it's the only one that has enjoyable gameplay. Don't care how retarded a boy stuck in a fridge is, shooting my way through a ruined city with guns that don't feel like garbage and being able to build my own settlements is fun.

Attached: 1475547934-4177084536.jpg (1684x1920, 393.51K)

I don't even understand your logic OP
If you like 3 then fantastic, your tastes are your own, i'm not even judging you on what

what i'm judging you on is the fact that you need to make this stupid thread just to look for validation of anons, are you such an insecure bitch or that much of a drone that you can't have your own thoughts?

>I can't explore a nuked Washington DC with 1950s aesthetics in real life

Just move to Detroit and LARP.

>Dead Money that was utter trash
Literally the best part of all the Bethouts

If you have to ask if you're mentally retarded for having an opinion then you're mentally retarded.

played 3, s'cool. played vegas, s'cool. played 4, eh s'alright. they're all decent games i guess

Attached: 1515990707337.jpg (640x630, 33.13K)

One of the best games I've ever played.

Attached: ScreenShot442.jpg (800x600, 83.55K)

Attached: ScreenShot84_1.jpg (800x600, 91.94K)

Attached: ScreenShot344.jpg (800x600, 52.41K)

You can like Fallout 3, thats perfectly fine. Saying its better than Fallout NV is disingenuous though.

I just like mood of Fallout 3, with the muted green color palette, walking through the lifeless irradiated ruins of DC with those art deco visages looming on the sides of buildings, peering down at you, it's cool, gives a similar feel to Fallout 1.
New Vegas is pretty bland, and 4 is garbage with it's gay 50s space diner aesthetic where everything is painted teal and orange because that's apparently the best idea Bethesda could come up with to make the game colorful.

Attached: IMG_5993.png (453x453, 321.61K)

What does 3 even offer beside "atmosphere" as Beth fanboys shill? Even with 3 year backend development after acquiring the IP they only ever managed to churn out garbage quests, near forgettable NPCs, and an idiotic plot because they couldn't think of their own original factions.

The Pitt DLC was the only time Bethesda ever got Fallout right. Beyond that it has been downhill.