Games that ruined their genre by appealing to the lowest common denominator

Games that ruined their genre by appealing to the lowest common denominator

Attached: fgjgjh.jpg (800x1142, 219.08K)

you're favorite game

U mad or?

Attached: 1544159565388.png (438x469, 18.25K)

>lol what if we made a dungeon crawler game but layered hours of friend/dating simulator on top of it to waste the player's time

Did you get filtered by something

Attached: 1573816694800.png (353x229, 61.62K)

it's not a time waste, the whole appeal of persona 3-5 is dungeoncrawl JRPG + social sim
nobody comes to persona for the dungeoncrawling alone, and if you did then you got tricked
go play SMT or EO if you want purer RPGs

Or Persona 1+2s

As if. Persona 3 is an infinitely harder game than either P1 or P2, P2 is one of the easiest jrpgs in existence, it's an incredibly easy game to break and turn the MC into a demi-god. P3 can fuck you in an instant and can constantly leave you in bad spots and doesn't allow for intense grinding. P3 is harder than some SMT games even.

Kinda glad that normalfags can't get into P3 because of "MUH UNCONTROLLED PARTY"

Playing P2 for the dungeon crawling is like riding a bike with training wheels and thinking you're hot shit
It's so fucking easy

and if you recommend them to play portable they go "MUH CUTSCENES, MUH GRAFIX"

Then P1 and P2 must be easy as fuck.I played P3 in hard and it wasn't hard at all.
Why do people think SMT games are hard? As if being harder than "some SMT games" means anything.

Reminder that its P2IS and P2EP's fault we got shit like P3

Persona 1 and 2 are to be played for the story, characters, and atmosphere
Those qualities alone make them worth it, which is good since their gameplay ain't all that
I do like them a lot overall but as far as a stimulating JRPG goes, I'd rather go for a non-persona MegaTen game

SMT isn’t hard it’s just that most other JRPGs are too easy

I wouldn't recommend P3P to begin with, it's far too easy

I've only ever played it on Maniac to try and make up for that, it's been fun enough for me like that but I can see why it might be too easy still

Persona is a weird series, because I think everyone's favorite game is going to be the first one that they play, while later titles always disappoint by comparison.

Attached: Elizabeth_P3.gif (358x280, 1.88M)

Nah I played p5 first and vastly prefer P3 and p4

Remodel

I think this is generally true by virtue of the fact that they're all so similar, so when the formula is fresh, that's when it's the most fun. Also most of us get into Persona at a young age, and since it's just anime wish fulfillment shit, of course you'll like the one you played when you were younger.

That being said, even though P3 was my first and my favorite, I like P5 more than P4 despite playing P4 first.

Yeah, for me I think a big boss fight ending with a God personifying society's hidden desires was amazing in P3, but it completely lost all impact by the second and third time that I saw it.

Attached: Nyx.jpg (1280x720, 81.99K)

I played 4 first and 3 is my favorite. I even say P3 is in my top 5 of all time

Yeah, among other things, the "a god is the real boss" twist at the end will never have the same impact when you get it from another game. I was 14 when I played P4 and I can still remember how much less I gave a shit when they pulled that shit at the end. When I played P5 I straight up knew it was coming, so even though I feel like its presentation and buildup is on par with P3's, it just didn't hit me as hard.

I really wish P3P had the 3D elements of FES
It would be the perfect Persona game

Will mainliners ever stop victimizing themselves? We all know you've never played Nocturne despite you endlessly pointing at it as a symbol of purity.

It's a little frustrating that there's no definitive version of P3, but it's more frustrating that there's no way to watch FeMC's 3d model running around Iwatodai.

Attached: e4c34085f2773f5cbca46a83dcd76aa9.png (1200x1200, 832.93K)

What do mainliners think of Devil Survivor

Except Yaldabaoth isn't a God, brainlet. He's the Demiurge.

I played Persona in this order.
4 > 5 > 2 (dropped) > 3 > replayed 4 > dropped 2 again

3 is the best, 2 is genuinely one of the worst jrpgs I have ever played, 5 is kind of bland and 4 is alright but when you play it after the others nothing really happens in the story it's way more slice of life.

Oh shut the fuck up, the game literally calls him the god of control. Stop obsessing over Gnostic semantics, it's a fucking anime game for teenagers.