ITT: Games most people like that you don't

ITT: Games most people like that you don't.

I don't like God of War III. First of all, the gameplay: there are almost zero new ideas in III, the puzzles are uninteresting and often obnoxious, the spells are generally useless in combat and only can be used in specific instances, the areas are bland and samey and you have too many weapons instead of spells, three of which are near-identical. As for the story, I wish I could just ignore it, but I can’t. Kratos isn’t just evil, he’s inhuman and unlikable. You can have a pure evil character still be likable if they're intelligent or charismatic, and you can have an anti-hero who does terrible things if their actions are at least understandable given the circumstances. Kratos is a brick wall in III who can’t be reasoned with. This also makes him boring because you know exactly what he’ll do in any given situation: he’ll almost certainly kill a character not long after they’re introduced. The game tries to give him some depth by having him see Pandora as similar to his daughter, but their relationship is poorly done with very little screen time to develop it. (cont'd)

Attached: s.jpg (1306x1500, 389.95K)

Several of the bosses barely qualify as bosses: Helios, Hermes and Hephaestus all have little to no fight to them at all. The bosses that people consider “good”, with the exception of Zeus and Hades, are overly-cinematic quick-time event showcases where you spend half the “fight” just following button prompts. The ending is also surprisingly corny and lame with a weirdly-placed message of “hope”. The last few hours are incredibly dull- they tried to recapture some of the magic of the first game by having an insane mortal who created a labyrinth of traps, but all they came up with are big wooden boxes suspended in the air, as opposed to something as cool as the Pandora’s Temple from GoW1. They also replaced some of the voice actors, notably the ones for Athena and Gaia, and neither of those characters feel like the same people. In fact, almost everyone in this game feels pretty stupid and naive, like they’re just there to make Kratos look cooler. As for the cool parts, yes there are some. The Hades and Zeus fights are both pretty cool, and there is one neat puzzle in Hera’s garden. Overall though, I don’t like this game.

I didn't read anything you wrote because I don't read unsolicited reviews from dumb faggots

>most people like
>god of war
This series was the punching bag of every action game fan on Yas Forums back in the day.

Attached: 1fd48aa0881759c6b7fbacf23332a6c8.jpg (652x325, 59.27K)

Good for you?

Morrowind. Can’t get into it no matter how hard I try.

Yas Forums isn't "most people".

Most people thought GoW 3 was disappointing. But 2 was amazing.

The problem was that this game shot its wad too early; the opening boss fight with Poseidon was great and really had the sense of scale that you want in those God-battles. A lot of the other bosses were letdowns by comparison; I liked the 2D part of the Zeus fight but by the time they got to the end there was very much a "that's it?" feeling. They really should have pulled out all the stops for that battle and yet it feels incredibly small.

how did you go from that to dad of war?

t. only played through the trilogy once on Normal.

When you actually have to pay attention to what you're doing on higher difficulties instead of just mashing square-square-triangle, 3 is way better than 1 and 2.

That doesn't really address any of my issues with it. I didn't even say anything about it being too easy.

Yes it does.
You said 3 had "zero new ideas", "the spells are generally useless", and "you have too many weapons instead of spells, three of which are near-identical". All of those show you weren't paying attention, because the games don't require you to on Normal. God of War 3's weapons are very different in terms of functionality, people only call them "samey" because they're focused on the aesthetic, they all have chains so surely they must be the same. If anything they're way better than 1 and 2's weapons which are clunky and generally less useful than the chains.

I hated the whole pandora thing, but i loved the hermes fight, fuck that faggot

Yas Forums poked fun at it but there's a difference between not liking certain elements of a game and outright hating it.

Ok, now address all of the other problems with it.

Not easily

Lmao oh shit Blades of Chaos with electricity! What a fresh idea!

Then why are you in this thread, autismo

No shit they’re stuck on aesthetic. Every weapon except for the dumb hulk hands is just the blades with a different “elemental damage” they all move nearly identically, despite that some of them can stun lock or whatever else. Even if they’re useful tools for different purposes, they’re boring.

Maybe i was too early in the game (stopped playing it before you fight that T-rex thing) but doing 50 damage for 15 minutes just wasnt for me. I also felt realy bad when monsters started running away from you limping when their health was low.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 52.58K)

It’s easier to get into if you have a group to play with.

Kratos is exactly the same character he was in 2 but now it's suddenly a problem?
He fucked up the world alot in that game too by waging war with his Spartans and killing the Sisters of Fate

Kratos 3 is also my least favorite. It felt so soulless. Even Ascension and Ghost of Sparta were better.

Bait

Haha, still spending your time defending that shitty game, I see.

God DAMN does it feel good to be a GoW4 CHAD!!

Attached: Db_K3ctU8AE46K4.jpg (848x1200, 112.56K)

BUT.... BUTTTT WHY DO YOU LIKE THESE OLD SHITTY GAMES???!??
THEIR NOT AS GOOD AS WARCRAFT OR ANIMULCROOSING OMGGGG FUCKING BOOMERS I HATE HOW LATE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!1
HOW CAN YOU LIKE SUCH A SHITTY FPS GAME WITH ALOT TO COLLECT!!! ITS TOO HARD TO KEEP UP WITH!!!!
CANT YOU JUST LET GO AND ACCEPT 10 HOUR STORY GAMES LIKE RDR2, ITS STORY IS HOLLYWOOD ESK AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO HOLD THE 'X'. ITS REALLY HARD TRUST ME!!!!!

Attached: images.png (259x195, 7.78K)

my man SquadW

Yas Forums literally shits on anything Playstation and literally continues to force outdated memes like "GoW is babby difficulty" or that retarded "MY WIFE'S SON" even after GoW 2018 came out and everyone already knew the plot.

What?

I always thought 2 was far far better than 3. 2 actually felt like an adventure through Greek mythology whereas 3 was just a slog with kratos killing everything and everyone. I seem to recall 2 having far more interesting weapons as well. 3 gave you 3 different blades with zero differences.

Based

It was the first GOW I played from beginning to end and actually the only one. The game convinced me to get a PS3. Its a great game and at the time those graphics blew me the fuck away with how incredible they were vs anything I saw on 360. One day I will go and play the rest of the series except for the PS4 game which I have zero interest in such a game made for basedboys.

>never played it
>actually listens to Yas Forums and believes that it's a soiboi game because of memes

Never gonna make it.

>I always thought 2 was far far better than 3.
Wow, you agree with everyone who has ever played both. Congrats!

Funny thing is, on the hardest difficulties, you're usually relegated to using square square triangle because it's simply the best tool in a damage-safety ratio. Doesn't mean it's not hard, or that it's mindless

I seen enough of it to know it is not for me. I could not care less for some story about Kratos and his son and how suddenly he wants to be this normal man after everything he did in 3. Fuck that nonsense and fuck the clowns that made it. The game was clearly made to pander to a certain type of people and the gameplay looks shit anyways. So wtf is wrong with you? I clearly have said enough of why I don't want to play it at all. It just does not look appealing in the slightest. The ones I didn't play though do, just not the latest one.