Soulsborne difficulty

It's funny how I see people often trying to "insult" specific Soulsborne games buy saying one of them is easier than the other. I'm wondering does the difficulty have that much of an impact on which of the games you value more?

Hardest to easiest: Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Sekiro > Dark Souls 2

Favorite to least: Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Sekiro > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

I'd say there isn't that much of a correlation between the two.

Attached: 1_r4U5zjS8Ai9GZYa4Mjn46g.jpg (700x300, 59.23K)

only the first souls type game you play is difficult because you don't understand the inner mechanics of fighting and how the game operates
play one and you've played them all because they're all the exact same bullshit wrapped up in a different package every single time

I'm having a harder time with 2 (sotfs) than I was with 1 because I'm an autist who wants to use stupid weapons. Specifically the Blue Flame and the Sanctum Shield in an inefficient spellsword build. Was trying to progress through Shuva, Eleum Loyce, or whatever the one with Fume Knight is before continuing the main path at but I got filtered all three ways so I haven't touched it in a while.

Attached: 1586572997272.png (639x360, 510.6K)

Dark Souls 3 was honestly too hard for me. I gave up at the swamp where you have to roll your way through, light the 3 fires, and get insta-cursed by the frogmen. I felt like half the enemies are to be avoided, not fought.

this your fist game is always the toughest
play DS3 again there is no way it is harder then blood borne, DS 2 and sekiro

was that your first souls game?

I got filtered by Dark Souls 1 on PC because of the controls but I beat sword saint in about an hour. I haven't tried DS2 or 3, but I heard dark souls runners say Sekiro is harder.

DaS was the hardest for me just because it was my first souls game. Other than that, I found DeS quite difficult at some points, everything else was pretty manageable, haven't played bb, sekiro or das2/3 dlc though. I hear das2 and 3 dlc are the hardest out of everything, is this true?

The swamp is like the 3rd area dude, wtf.

As for the frogs, they're a bit unbalanced. The curse build up was pretty slow in DS1 and never a real danger, but it's crazy fast in DS3, but only on low level characters. In NG+ you can basically safely walk around in their fumes. But early on just use ranged attacks or roll behind them and kill them fast.

Can we PLEASE get a souls or from soft board already.
These retards shit up the board EVERYDAY with the exact same threads.
>Le unplug the router maymay
>Le literally impossible memey
>Le this game is better than this one even tho all from games are the same

Holy shit get them out of here already

literally came here to post this

No, Bloodborne was. But in bloodborne I could reliably dodge away if things got heavy, and could use charged R2's to thin out crowds. In DS3 you can block, but my stamina seemed to run out faster than the enemies.
Yeah I know, but it was frustrating the hell out of me and the area was time-wasting cancer. I may pick it back up sometime.

Eh, /dsg/ on /vg/ is garbage, so here we are.

>play DS3 again there is no way it is harder then blood borne, DS 2 and sekiro
To me it was. You're a lot faster in those games while you're slower in DaS 3 which made made Friede and Gael quite hard for me.

I went back to play Dark Souls yesterday and found it too easy which impacted my enjoyment of it in a negative way. Maybe Dark Souls isn't as good as i remember it being.
Games evolve and some fall out of favour. Difficulty isn't the only metric but it does matter.

There's nothing special about FromSoft games aside from the difficulty though, it's literally their only selling point.

And once you memorize all the bullshit traps and learn all the obtuse gameplay mechanics there's no challenge anymore. At that point you just use CE to quickly roll new PVP builds and invade retards.

>le
>namefag
kill yourself, oxygen thief

They are all hard but they are also all easy

For me it was the Sacred Chime Hammer. I really REALLY wanted to use it, but the durability was shit and the special attack always misses because it's hitbox goes right over any medium or smaller enemy, since the AI always just rushes you.
It's like fighting an NPC in Demon's Souls. Just give me some breathing room every once in a while, Jesus.

Bloodborne is a special case. It has both the easiest and most straightforward content in the series (main game) and the most difficult and obscure content in the series (DLC + chalices).

I like Bloodborne's art direction, lore, weapons...etc so you're just wrong about that.

>literally rip-off of Lovecraft
>wow so deep, muh lore

pretty much this noone cares that you have nohing to do all day but die to bosses and trust me noone cares that you feel accomplishment for beating pixels

get a life, have sex

>There's nothing special about FromSoft games aside from the difficulty though, it's literally their only selling point.
To me it's just the only games nowadays with higher production values that feel more "gamey" and immersive, like it used to be. Like Castlevania, Metroid and Zelda. You've got that still in indie games but nowhere among AA/AAA games. It's not to play something that's expansive, detailed and smooth but also where it doesn't interrupt the flow with cutscenes, dialogue and fluff. It's just got that flow.

But Lovecraft is literature, because of that he's also much more in your face. You don't have to explore and be inquisitve to get the story. Eveone just reads it and with the same amount of effort gets the same out of it.

Plus there's the mix of victorian, gothic, horror with Lovecraft as well.

I guess that's a fair point.

I never played any of the Assassin Creed games, but wouldn't they come pretty close at being "gamey" and immersive? Or are they piss easy and littered with endless cutscenes?

Dark souls 3 and bloodborne are both the easiest ones and my favourite ones (I havent played sekiro yet so that isnt included in my heirarchy of souls games)

I think they're only easier because theyre the only ones that actually play well. Demons souls runs at like 15fps which jacks up the difficulty by a ton, dark souls and dark souls 2 also run like absolute trash and have terrible hit detection, and are just clunky in general. Not to mention some of the shit enemy design in dark souls 2

All of dark souls 3 and bloodbornes difficulty is legitimate, and if you get BTFO'd its usually your own fault and not the fault of the game for dropping down to ridiculous framerates.

>ripping off lovecraft
that's like saying ripping off c s lewis or tolkien... uhh?

Zoomer series. Back in the day, you know what happened when a game was tough? Nothing. You played it and moved on. Difficulty was not an identity. Now a game is a little tough and the children arrive in droves to fellate themselves for beating a game, acting like anyone should care. Strip the challenge from these games and all you have is a shitty combat system where you mash a single button, no different from your dime a dozen jrpg. Literally everyone that plays these games beats them. Everyone. They are not even that difficult.

Honestly the games really aren’t that hard. They all have a formula and once you crack the formula you’re on your way. Cracking the formula will take a lot of patience on the players behalf and it’s going to be super overwhelming at times, but you’ll get there eventually.

I suck at video games and I’ve beaten every boss in every SoulsBorne game (haven’t played Demons Souls).

Just get a PC and you won't have to cry about the framerate anymore.

I played Dark Souls Remastered only recently and the whole game ran at 4K / 60 fps locked from start to finish. What a beautiful game.

Assasin's Creed games have shitload of cutscenes. They also have a really open world, "field" structure. While in the Souls games exploration is part of the fun because of how "labyrinthian" they are. Add to that that those games have maps full of checkpoints, mission logs etc. Souls games are a lot more clean and simple. Side quests just feel like a natural part of the world, they're not a checkbox to tick. Plus the atmosphere is quite different (not saying one is better than the other). In one case you're in live environments, capitals of civilizations at the peak of their cultural/historical significance, in the other you're in ruined, lost worlds which feel opressive and lonely.

So even without the difficulty aspect there are quite significant differences.

>Now a game is a little tough and the children arrive in droves to fellate themselves for beating a game, acting like anyone should care.
>go on /r/sekiro/
>GUYS I FINALLY BEAT ISSHIN AFTER 500 TRIES
>LOL DUDE YOU DIDN'T HESITATE
>THANKS FOR THE GOLD KIND STRANGER
>9999 upvotes
And it's like this every few days on every From subreddit lmao.

filtered