Who here is playing Persona 5 Royal for the first time? What are your thoughts on the game so far...

Who here is playing Persona 5 Royal for the first time? What are your thoughts on the game so far? Discuss your progress and share tips and stories.

Attached: C0039A13-50D8-4FA3-AA13-D741FF940302.jpg (566x534, 82.33K)

I maxed out all confidants before the third semester so I ended up going to the gym twice a day for the rest of the game.

Me too. I got Joker up to 800 HP and 400+ SP

Just got it and I can’t stop playing

I'm playing the original version

Attached: 1527453635033.png (725x720, 1.02M)

How far are you? Thoughts? Also why the original?

I'm playing Persona 2 after Royal and I fucking hate it honestly. This shit is even easier than P4 and 5 and the story hasn't grabbed my attention in the slighest. Is this another "it gets good 50 hours in" case?

Attached: 24343.png (500x610, 16.64K)

I'm emulating it because I don't have a PS4

Big meanie more like she gives me a big weenie lol

save yourself the trouble and just play Soul Hackers or Strange Journey Redux

Up to Madarame on merciless. Kinda worried I will get 1 shot.

Just about to get Futaba's dungeon.
Really not a fan of Makoto, they're doing the Naoto thing where instead of making her smart, they're just making everybody else braindead around her and jerk her off for pointing out obvious things.

You're playing Innocent Sin PSP remake right? I guess if it's not your things that's that. I found P2 Innocent Sin to be good but overrated. I didn't like Eternal Punishment that much. I enjoyed the story and even the novelty of the gameplay letting me have multiple personas for my party members but anyone saying it comes even close to being as good as Persona 5 Royal is straight up mental.

Attached: __lisa_silverman.jpg (600x760, 95.46K)

I'm still torn whether to get this or FF7R, I already beat P5 on hard and while it was fun, I don't think I wanna put another 100+ hours

Oh. What are your thoughts so far?

Attached: 1546246645424.png (393x414, 135.77K)

I don't play Persona for gameplay and that's why I consider 2 above the rest. I play SMT for gameplay.

If you've already beat the original P5 I would wait for Royal to go on sale. Most of the new content is after the original final boss and the new content beforehand is kinda meh. The third semester is (mostly) great though.

but Persona 5 and the average SMT is roughly the same if you ignore the social sim part

It's definitely worth getting Royal. They spice up the gameplay a lot with changes and lots of QOL stuff. There's new scenes pretty much every day. Something is changed nearly every day ranging from big things to small things. The new arc and final dungeon are PURE KINO and make the whole thing worth it even more so. It has a lot of heartfelt tearful moments and great moments between the Phantom Thieves.

I'm playing the PSP version yeah. I just have this constant feeling that either the translation is extremely poor and rushed or that I'm skipping things because I have no fucking idea what's going on. The characters just seem completely fine with demons showing up, and Personas and people getting their souls sucked or whatever the fuck, shit just moves way too fast and it isn't establishing much or giving enough importance to stuff that warrants it. I don't know, it just feels very sloppy so far. At least Lisa and Eikichi are fucking based.

I don't think the non-gameplay Persona 2 elements are strong enough to say it's better than Royal. Royal was fucking amazing.

I really like it, I'm not big on JRPGs usually but I've been having a lot of fun playing through it. I just wish Morgana didn't tell me to go to sleep all the time.

well user?

Attached: images (20).jpg (739x415, 24.83K)

Fortunately, that is one aspect that Royal did a lot to resolve. Even on nights where you're not allowed to go out, like after a dungeon, they let you do some stuff around the cafe.

Doesn't the fortune teller help with maxing them out? Like you go to her get a reading that will make you closer or something?

>The characters just seem completely fine with demons showing up,
Yeah they don't really sweat it too much in the older games, they're not as realistic in that way. The older games were more just a means to an end for dungeon crawling, which is why it's not that big a deal that demons are out in the streets.
>At least Lisa and Eikichi are fucking based.
For sure. They're some of the best characters in the series hands down. Eikichi wins the bro bowl for me and that's saying a lot given how great Ryuji, Yosuke, and Junpei are.

Imagine how wet Kawakami must have been when she was rubbing Joker's muscular body.

Yes. She's arguably the best confidant in the game ability wise.

>I really like it, I'm not big on JRPGs usually but I've been having a lot of fun playing through it
Cool. That's the same way a lot of people feel. What palace are you at? Are you struggling with any parts?
>I just wish Morgana didn't tell me to go to sleep all the time
Royal fixes that by making pretty much all of those time slots open to you instead of going to bed as that was a big complaint with the original.

Attached: based cat.png (1920x2560, 2.98M)

Yosuke just kind of tired me the fuck out. The guy's a fuckboi of the highest order and can't have a single fucking conversation with most of the female cast without making it weird. Ryuji's a bro, though. Idiot, but trying his best.

Yusuke becomes more normal and subdued as the game goes on, around when Futaba shows up.

How come? He's not too hard.
>Really not a fan of Makoto, they're doing the Naoto thing where instead of making her smart, they're just making everybody else braindead around her and jerk her off for pointing out obvious things.
They do that a bit less going forward after Futaba joins and takes some of the smart role from her. And in Royal she actually gets replaced in the smart department by a much more interesting character but I won't spoil.

Sorry, I forgot about P4 had a Yosuke, whoops. What a forgettable character.

Attached: 754523.gif (220x260, 1005.13K)

Yosuke is the P4 character, Yusuke is the P5 character.

Yeah. He was meant to be the best friend to the protagonist but I always felt way tighter with Chie and later Kanji.

IMPORTANT THINGS FOR BLIND NEW PLAYERS TO ROYAL TO NOTE:
>max the councillor confidant for story reasons to get to the new content at the end
>max fortune and temperance and take advantage of their abilities to get more time to complete confidants and get stat boosts
>max sun early because this confidant is only available about once a week and stops being available the earliest
>sun and strength are the best confidants for persona related upgrades and persona negotiations

Yosuke was based
>Ryuji's a bro, though. Idiot, but trying his best.
I agree with this

Yeah. The non party member confidants seemed way more useful to rank up than your party members in the base game. Not sure how it is in royal