Old FromSoftware games

How does this game compare to other FromSoft games from the period like King's Field, Shadow Tower and Eternal Ring?

Attached: Evergrace.jpg (443x628, 58.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaCjuAxRInE
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k
youtube.com/watch?v=eixa_TizUuc
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_8qEWVSUk
youtube.com/watch?v=q3yg5Fom79g
youtube.com/watch?v=JAzE4G6d_ss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's terrible.
But the soundtrack is amazing.
(in the same way that the Drakengard 1 soundtrack is amazing, aka if you're a pleb you won't get it)

Do you have to play through the game two times? Witch each character once?

I want a new Lost Kingdoms game where walker cards are actually good.
youtube.com/watch?v=IaCjuAxRInE

youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k

Let us not forget this beauty.

They were pretty much shit until Souls, not even memeing. They hit the jackpot with Souls, but it's also their one-hit-wonder.

Attached: eFYrz1X.png (410x519, 258.55K)

it had to have been a editing mess up that they forgot to fix before release. It has just has to.

the game is literal garbage, every mechanic is quarter-assed and makes you question how the game even got published

Pleb taste, friend

Nah, the composer literally can't read music.

But I played their other games. Some of the King's Field and Armored Core games + Shadow Tower Abyss were really good.

It's like Eternal Ring in effort, except instead of making a 2 hour decent game they made a 6 hour bad game. Evergrace is the one old From game I'd say is outright bad and not just divisive (like an Echo Night Beyond).
Still worth playing for the soundtrack.

All From games are worth playing, if they're not making decent games they're at least making experimental ones. And they were extremely prolific. Shame they've consolidated all their efforts into just a couple of titles.

It's fascinating. By itself it might seem like a bad game but as the intermediate step between King's Field and Demon's Souls it's super interesting to see all the mechanics forming. The game is still fun and has an interesting plot, the soundtrack is fantastic like no other game's soundtrack

Yeah, that's why I'm kind of interested. People say King's Field was the main inspiration for the Souls series but this game seems kind of closer to it. Being an actual third-person RPG. I know there was Lost Kingdoms, but that seems to be completely its own thing.

>People say King's Field was the main inspiration for the Souls series
It's complicated. Demon's Souls is a King's Field third-person prototype that was canned, so there's a fair bit of Evergrace DNA in there, but was then revived by Miyazaki who was mainly inspired by Ico/Zelda, but still being worked on by people who worked on Evergrace/KoF.
It's not incorrect to say there's a fucktonne of influences in the series. Very much a product of the process.

The control scheme is honestly one of the most baffling I've ever played.
The control sticks do basically nothing and having to constantly press a button to re-centre the gimped camera behind the main character is maddening.
The reason for this seems to be that they wanted to allow the player to control it with the old obsolete analogue-less ps1 controller, despite not coming out on that system and every ps2 shipping with at least one Dualshock 2.

Attached: 1581288792052.png (1075x1200, 1.23M)

I view this and Summoner as pretty much the same game.

Customizing your mech in Armored Core games is lots of fun.

Item shop music is a mess, but the rest of the soundtrack is brilliant

youtube.com/watch?v=eixa_TizUuc

My only experience with Armored Core is one of the first ps1 demo discs where all I did was customize and couldn't bring myself to actually play the game both because it seemed kinda shitty and the customizing was too fun

This guy's shit is the simultaneously best and worst things I've ever heard.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_8qEWVSUk
youtube.com/watch?v=q3yg5Fom79g

I was surprised this was made by the same company as the Souls series, because I had this back in the PS2 era, and the game was just awful.

Can you tell me which is the one you think is best and which one is worst? I will focus on trying to figure that out and not be able to listen to them organically. And don't say "it will be obvious", that will just add more pressure and I'll have a harder time thinking clearly.

I like metal wolf

Homosexual opinion Armored Core games are peak

What's so bad about it?

Not the same user and someone who really digs this soundtrack here.

The rest of the game is pretty somber, and the music comes across as haunting and alien as you stumble about ancient otherworldly ruins. And then you step into an item shop and this chucklefuck is having a rave party and your ears are bleeding as you quickly try to finish your business and get out. Even in the context of the game the music is ill-fitting.

Walker Cards? You mean Independent cards?

>The rest of the game is pretty somber, and the music comes across as haunting and alien as you stumble about ancient otherworldly ruins

That one boss.

youtube.com/watch?v=JAzE4G6d_ss

Is there a big difference if I choose the girl or the guy? Is the story the same? Or do I replay it a second time as the other character to get the full thing?

You ultimately have to play them both to get the entire story. It's like in Birth By Sleep where each character offers a different side of the story.

Does anyone know Morpheus's english voice actor?