Attached: image.png (501x493, 316.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cgTQ2vAcl0Y
youtu.be/N6U2jH3dsdE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZvhVHvBL2g
youtube.com/watch?v=sDNX1ZD4bW8
youtu.be/R_F6gAnBQAY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know where you'd take things after Driver San Fran flipped the gameplay formula on its head.

the game was the best because the focus was on driving missions, with barely any actions off a ride. but nowadays no one would understand a game this limited.

I am the single human being on the planet that enjoyed driv3r and remembers it fondly.

i enjoyed it too as a little kid. but that doesnt stop me from realizing that it was complete shit. compare it to san andreas or vice city and see how well it holds up today.

I can respect the fact that it might have been one of your first Driver games and so you remember it fondly, but it really was shit, not only by Driver standards, but just general open world with car shenanigans standards.

>general open world with cars
i spent most of the time in free mode discovering things. there were a couple of cool secrets like the race track. and finding buildings you can enter without even playing the story was really satisfying. also ive been to nice a couple years ago and its really great how close the driver3 map is to the real deal

Someone's already at it. They even crowdfunded a new main theme for the game from the original series composer.

youtube.com/watch?v=cgTQ2vAcl0Y

Attached: a2228269063_10.jpg (1200x1200, 266.41K)

The driving in Driv3r was top tier, as expected
It goes to shit as soon as you step out of your car. The shooting even makes GTA pre San Andreas look top tier in comparison, it was that bad.

You wrecked the car, man!

Attached: 1.jpg (1000x1000, 130.98K)

Fuck, how have I not heard about this.

>Alpha build has a dedicated burnout button.
Today was a good day.

owo what the fuck is this good shit

SUSPECT RAN A RED

Attached: Driver_Wheelman_Miami_Police_1.jpg (877x586, 220.97K)

>more Allister Brimble
sounds a bit too much like a game show theme though -- needs work

Attached: 1574690450326.gif (512x384, 370.64K)

Fuck i'd love a AAA Driver centered around nothing but top tier driving physics and pure fucking mastery of all things automotive, but it'll never fucking happen. (A proper remaster of Stuntman 1 would also be great)

It just doesn't make financial sense for any publisher in a post GTA world to invest in such a niche concept, doubly so when the average zoomer doesn't even learn to drive until they're well into their 20's.

The 90's were a haven for innovation and exploration of new genres with incredible freedom afforded by publishers (because publishers really had nfi what they were doing), but the industry has changed dramatically since then.

Driver San Francisco was a neat game, but it was way more "Midtown Madness" than "Driver", and that's really the only way you could sell something like that, and even that didn't sell well enough to see the studio go onto do anything but be the "car physics" bitch for of all of Ubisofts open world games.

not alone friend
youtu.be/N6U2jH3dsdE

Driver 2 is one of the best paced 3D action games on the PS1. Around 40 missions with crazy amount of variety.

I just wish it didn't run like such shit, both Driver games pushed the PS1 to the absolute limit and suffered as a result.

Trying to negotiate roadblocks and police chases with single digit framerates was hell.

Attached: driver-san-francisco.jpg (1618x1076, 369.51K)

Hasn't the issue been fixed with emulators?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZvhVHvBL2g

I've never had a good time trying to emulate either Driver game in the past, but that video is incredibly promising, will definitely have to give it another crack, especially given that PGXP has matured nicely over the last few years.

driver san francisco is one and only good installment of the series. fight me

It had the superior OST and also a good art direction, but it was unfinished and holded by consoles tech.

I don't fight retards LMFAO.

honestly ive been thinking about a good way to bring Driver back without it feeling like a downgrade compared to San Francisco
>Metropolitan Tri State Area as location base
>fully immserive sim like driving controls
>immersive city and traffic life, highways jam packed around rush hours wich will lead to being creative with routes
>aggressive police AI that will use advanced tactics and streets to corner you
>dozens of safehouses where you can can instantly switch cars
>story is basicly a reboot of Driver, you play as Tanner and have to infiltrate Jerico's gang as a getaway driver

Attached: cover.jpg (640x812, 65.08K)

How will user ever recover from that?

Attached: 1374858426061.gif (500x129, 49.6K)

>makes the GOAT driving series
>is now just a support studio for a shitty car MMO
i fucking hate Ubishit so fucking much

Attached: img_51a682242d40f.jpg (580x327, 23.77K)

It's even worse when you consider they made basically a new genre but noone tried to do the same.

What I hate is how they totally had the right idea back then with how to use film as a source of inspiration for games, their mindset was basically:
>dude let's turn this scene from French Connection into a mission, wouldn't it be cool if you chased a train lmao
Now it's just interactive movies.

Driv3r broke my faith in the games industry
I was hyped as fuck for it after loving the first two games and then it broke me

Attached: tfw kebab not removed.jpg (383x431, 51.06K)

Parallel Lines was the actual good Driv3r

Attached: 9200000036474116.jpg (550x787, 96.1K)

>It's even worse when you consider they made basically a new genre
I wouldn't go that far, all they did was probably just watched Quantum Leap and turned it into a driving game mechanic.

on foot gameplay and shooting was horrendous. it should never be a thing

the cutscenes were bad ass

youtube.com/watch?v=sDNX1ZD4bW8

>Quantum Leap
What? Do you mean the show? Because I can't see the connection
Underrated OST
youtu.be/R_F6gAnBQAY

i was impressed how driver 2 cops would only react if you crossed on redlights or if you drove too fast. not even gta series did this right.

i used to drive obeying the rules like an autist in Take a ride mode.

I always found weird that Tanner was living in that expensive house. It didn't make sense to me.

I played the original again a while back and found it really fucking hard, was it a difficult game or have I just become shit?

First game could be absolute bullshit difficult at the best of times, I mean the game literally starts with one of the biggest pleb filters of all time and the COP AI can be insanely aggressive.

At least it ended on a good note. Tried something new (I remember thinking it was a bullshit gimmick but once I played it I really liked it as the missions were so we'll designed) and gave us a really unique game.
It's weird how that was what ended the franchise as even games like that Alone in the Dark mess of a game ended up getting an even worst sequel