Report in to the Armored Core thread

Report in to the Armored Core thread

Attached: 1586877295911m.jpg (1024x576, 74.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-ykG6lle8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I sure wish ACV didn't suck, maybe the series wouldn't be dead now.

V sucked, but VD is amazing

>He doesn't use quads

Elaborate.

Quads are based

>high iq movement mechanics
>crazy high skill ceiling
>most in depth complex AC building
>the entire UNAC system

>most in depth complex AC building
Don't fucking lie to me.

Thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=x-ykG6lle8w

Armoured core 2 was my favorite

It's true

Armored Core always looked like fun but I have absolutely no knowledge of the series other than "mecha go fast haha"

so where do I start? which are main titles, which are spinoffs? Very first game or should I start later? How many games are there? how many relevant games are there? Should I worry about spoilers? Is there anything I should know about the gameplay?

Even though the FreQuency legs weren't the best in ACVD, I equipped them and used them for my entire playthrough just because of the reference.

>where to start
1,3 or 4A
>how many
>spinoffs
Don't think there are any
>Relevant
All of them except Another Age, Formula Front and Ninebreaker
>spoilers
Nah
>gameplay
Pick one to start with then we can give specific tips
I don't have it, but there's a great how to get into ac guide

All you really need to know is that each numbered entry into the franchise is a new game and each numbered entry + subtitle is a sequel to that specific game. If you don't mind emulating, you can start with AC3 and work your way up from there, but if you want something more modern then starting with AC4 or AC5 are good. AC4 is as close to as super robot as AC has gotten while AC5 is a mashup of Gen 3 and 4.

Thanks anons, this should be plenty to let me dive in. I think I'd like it best if I started as old as possible to account for QOL updates not regressing. Are the "PS One Classic" handheld ports good? I could get AC1 (as well as apparently 3, silent line, and last raven) on my Vita if so, but I fear it being janky like some original playstation ports were. Or would I be better off looking for an original copy in a local game store?

>original copy in game store
>2020
Lmao
Emulate the PS1 games, the ports are gimped because of ACs unique control scheme

Armored Bore

You rang?

Attached: Boss_0010_Fang Boar.jpg (441x248, 22.5K)

Well I tend to find gems at my local resale store but if it's bought up quick generally then I understand.
>the ports are gimped because of ACs unique control scheme
Thanks for the tip, I'll get it a different way.

Anyone for multiplayer?

FUCK YOU NINEBALL!

Attached: 34517977b4d16169c2f148202ccd97f66247eba6_hq.jpg (672x886, 63.05K)

Another Age is hard

>so where do I start?
1,3,Nexus,4A

>Very first game or should I start later?
If you can hack the controls and graphics, AC1 has a charm and unique atmosphere. It's also not that hard. Nexus might be more to your liking because it uses a more traditional twin-stick layout; but it's sequel Last Raven is generally regarded as the hardest game in the series.

4A is it's own thing, with great action and an atmosphere as mournful as the story.

>how many relevant games are there?
AC1, Master of Arena, AC2, AC3, Silent Line, Nexus, Last Raven, 4 Answer, and Verdict Day is generally regarded as the best entries in the series.

> Is there anything I should know about the gameplay?
Prepare to spend a lot of time tweaking in the garage, but don't overthink it too much. For the most part, the campaigns are not *that* difficult outside of a handful of missions - except for Last Raven which has more harder missions than average for the series.

Fuck you i liker Another Age

What would you want in a new Armored Core game?

As cool as it was in 5 and VD, I think 5v5 team matches is asking a lot for a game as niche and with as small a playerbase as AC. However, because people seem to like team elements, something smaller like doubles or 3v3 might be better.

I think it would also be nice if there was someway to soak in the cyberpunk atmosphere of AC's underground arcologies between missions - something to do outside the garage.

I definitely want the team stuff gone, being a lone Raven in the best

GA Group best company. You CAN'T prove me wrong. Reliable firepower with reliable defense for the every man

For me, it's the TYPE-LANCEL.

Attached: type lancel.png (410x614, 424.43K)

If we're going to compare it to sports, AC is more like tennis than American football with a variety of specialized team players - so it makes more sense to stick to singles and doubles.

I don't hate the three armor types from 5.

Which AC has the best story?

sssssssssssssssssssssippp

YUP, GOING TO HAVE TO GO WITH OLE' RELIABLE, GA GROUP SUNSHINE. THE AMERICAN MADE NEXT FOR THE AMERICAN MAN. DAMN KIDS THESE DAYS WITH THEIR BOOSTS THAT LAST LONGER THAN 2 SECONDS LIKE THEY'RE JET PLANES.

FUCK OMER SCIENCE

Attached: 3411861dd75d4aad974a2a2c26ff26d8.jpg (820x820, 58.62K)

>AC
>Story

>afraid to push the envelope
RAYLEONARD

Finished mission 10 in VD and now I can't access workshop
Last Raven, although I really like Nexus' and 4A. Silent Line also has a fantastic finale

>reliable defense

Laughs in European design elegance and energy weapons.

Attached: tellus.jpg (500x432, 28.99K)

Bigger more explorable maps with less of a focus on mission based objectives.

Man I got the feels after finally beating Last Raven, and realizing that my pilot was actually the last Raven. Especially with Nexts and Lynxes in 4, it really felt like the end of an era.

No, it's honestly true. ACVD demands the most attention to structure in the entire franchise. Even LR has nothing on VD's sheer autism. It also has the most complex combat mechanics in the franchise. The only issue is that you don't really have adequate places to use all of them because lmao ded game.

GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS. I want straight up Kaiju. Some sort of proper melee system for NEXTs. Shield.

The fuck you want, whitey...

Attached: 546395-armored-core-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-mac.jpg (1920x1080, 301.11K)

SAY AGAIN? MY HEARING ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE WHAT WITH CONSTANTLY FIRING ROCKET PROPELLED FREEDOM ROUNDS AT ALL EURO YUPPIE KEKS.

>Raven, we need you to purge these subhuman niggers living in our sewers for free
AC 1 was a different time

A laser bolt flies faster than any bullet or rocket, all while providing the benefit of actually being able to hit the target more than half the time.