Is this an RPG?

Is this an RPG?

Attached: ffviir.png (283x352, 177.18K)

It's an action adventure game

it is an action RPG

Yes. Role playing mashing the square button.

Just like the original

It's fun :DDD

Not really. It's more like a turn based cinematic adventure game. You dont roleplay at all. Unless you count the simplistic, mostly meaningless, "choices" every once in a while. Fallout 4 is more of a roleplaying game than this.

>he plays easy mode

Somewhat. And also a movie.

Any game past the SNES era is a button masher.

The last time vidya required skill was the NES era

well the original is pretty rpg
havent played the remake yet but to be honest all the footage ive seen made me double take in a "wait is the remake being done by the yakuza team or something" sorta way, which is really only vaguely rpg as that series uses rpg features as more a compliment to the beat-em-up gameplay rather than a main component
also the arguing of the nuances between an arpg and "action game that uses some rpg elements" is mostly going to depend on the level of weaponized autism in the thread. really op you're lookin at a 50/50 split here. id say flip a coin. heads its an rpg tails you're a faggot

>The last time vidya required skill was the NES era
Like what game?

RPG is one of a few genres that everyone has a slightly different definition for it. Originally an RPG was a game like D&D or games that use the rulesets from it. This is because you have to be able to Role play your character. However the definition changed with 90s JRPGS and for a long while it was attributed to any turn based game with a semblance of story and levels.

A fair medium would be any game that has a focus on story or character with some customization allowing you to play the way you want. In that sense FF7R is technically an rpg though I really think that allowing a gambit like system would have made it much more enjoyable and add an extra layer of customization. Instead your AI team members do fuck all to charge their ATB.

user you will be up to a surprise

Ninja Gaiden

Can you change the direction the story takes and customize the MC's personality?

Gambits were shit in XII and they're shit now

fuck, you're retarded.

cope

ARPG

What if cloud was goku?

Attached: 2020-04-13 09-57-51-1.png (812x1000, 930.97K)

Attached: 2020-04-15 20-14-12-1.png (420x180, 4.93K)

Yeah

You held the circle button in the original, not square. That makes it better because circle is cooler.

Imagine being THIS retarded.

Attached: 1565630865241.gif (408x294, 2.22M)

>gives sephiroth the black materia
wait

Attached: cloud ponder.png (176x192, 26.32K)

Then his name would be Crono.

Attached: latest[1].png (782x1200, 887.95K)

You mean Trunks?

It’s got some RPG elements that can make some unique loadouts, but if you’re looking for a dee system with a lot of fine turning you’ll be disappointed.

mashing square will just get you killed

I'm waiting for the PC version to drop so I can tell you.