Is anyone actually going to miss this place?

Is anyone actually going to miss this place?

Attached: gaystop.jpg (1000x800, 191.18K)

lol no

lol maybe

Haven't the sales and even the stock gone up during quarantine? I imagine things will go up (if not at least marginally) once the new consoles drop, since they were bound to do so by then regardless.

Attached: 1444612641837.png (218x225, 46.48K)

I met my wife there. We don't talk about it.

They did until they were forced to close.

when was the last time anyone here bought a game from gamestop

2012 for me

2015 probably, someone gave me a free 360 so I picked up a few games & a 2nd controller for pretty cheap

no

Attached: 1523557984633.jpg (414x874, 50.26K)

i can proudly say that i never bought anything at gamestop

I'll probably be nostalgic for it in 5-10 years but I won't miss it

2014?

No, I can find older current gen. games far cheaper on eBay brand new than what they charge for their used copies.

I just hope that they have clearance sales so I can buy figmas nendoroid and figuarts for $10 again.

BUILT FOR THE

Literally what do they do besides give a convenient place to sell your shit?

BIG GAMER COCK

I will, I like GameStop

BBC

I bought a 2DS and Majoras Mask 3D when they came out new so whenever thos came out I guess

Thats not a duck.

no

Where will parents dump there kids now while they go shop?

The one near my residence is properly managed and they actually have entire drawers of new copies still in plastic wrap. One of the clerks allowed me to step behind the counter to prove to him my Xbox 360 controller had a fully functional analog stick so I was able to sell off my Xbox 360 from December 2008 at the best value at the time instead of only being able to sell an incomplete set.

I hope it remains or it becomes a new game store onto itself.

Best Buy or Target

nope, stock tripled last week and has maintained it.
they arent going anywhere

not really, no

Whenever it was that I bought my used Nintendo Wii. So, 2011?

Holy fuck.

>or it becomes a new game store onto itself.
this is my only hope for physical game stores

Like 2 months ago when I decided I wanted a PS Vita and surprisingly they had better prices than eBay listings.

I won't miss the place so much as I'll miss the camaraderie and comfiness that used to come with gaming in the 90s and early 00s
>digital releases hadn't taken off; the soonest way to get your game was to go to a midnight release
>the internet hadn't taken off yet; there was value to physical guides, instruction manuals, and interacting with other people who played the same games as you
>there was actually value in receiving your GameInformer in the mail every month, as it was the primary way I received news on upcoming games; fanart section was low-key comfy, and cheat-code sections were nice.
>Preordering often came with physical merch like plushies and figures.
>games were good (or at least the over-availability of media hadn't yet inflated my standards and jaded my outlook on the industry).

I won't miss the company, but I do miss the role it played in my childhood.