Where does the story even go from here?

Considering the party fucking killed the GOD of destiny himself at the end of the game, then fought Sephiroth, how can developments and boss fights in the future games even be exciting?

Is the party gonna kill an even bigger, stronger God, or fight a two headed Sephiroth sual-weilding Keyblades?

Does anyone feel the ending completely trivializes everything that can possibly happen moving forward?

Attached: ff7r.jpg (200x250, 7.47K)

Playable Jessie

I dont remember getting bigger and bigger robots after scorpion sentinel

Now that the proper timeline has been fucked, Square can do the ending they planned from the outset: everyone who doesn't go to the Northern Crater fucking dies.

>Actually thinking they'll make an FF7R2 when it took them 10 years to make FF7R1
>Thinking they won't just release a few DLC's and call it a day

Midgar is the most iconic part of FF7. They're not going to bother with the rest.

>Does anyone feel the ending completely trivializes everything that can possibly happen moving forward?

I mean, if the party can fight Sephiroth using his Crisis Core bullshit and a bit of Meteor and live without half the experience from the other timeline or the other half of the party, then yes.

>Air Buster
>Hundred Gunner
>Motor Ball
>Proudclod

It happened. They just added more filler ones along the way.

honestly it's like no shit square dropped the ball this hard
it should have been done in 2005

Attached: remember-when-a-final-fantasy-7-tech-demo-first-baited-fans-into-wanting-a-remake.jpg (1920x1080, 216.83K)

>sephiroth actually succeeds in destroying the planet with a meteor
>sephiroth becomes main character in part 3
>goes back in time to fuck clouds boipuss

end

Soul

as long as there's playable yuffie and she doesnt die, I don't give a fuck what happens

bigger and bigger? nah

>Where does the story even go from here?
It goes to shit.

They didn't really fight Sephiroth like you're implying. He was toying with the party, and Cloud couldn't even touch him when Sephiroth started trying. There's still plenty of places they could go from here

the story has lost all meaning. what we're left with are fake clone characters from alternate nomura timelines that are impossible to give a shit about. a story up it's own ass with its with is nonsensical 4th wall breaks and meta narrative cringe, convoluted time travel shit KH that is more plotholes than plot & a main villain who is not threatening and does nothing but show up to harass and shit talk you and whos only interest is trying to market the next game by spouting cryptic sequel bait.

it's fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1455440281039.gif (500x281, 131.87K)

The only way forward is to walk it back. Say it was a psychic battle or something.

Attached: 1586722923767.jpg (1024x576, 88.41K)

I agree desu. the only way to correct the bullshit is to actually follow how the game is supposed to be after this point. if they start going into oh well aerith doesn't die cuz you killed time travel ghost then into the trash it goes.

It sounds like a JJ arbrahms move to make the stakes so big at the start. That he cant finish the story properly.

Pretty much.
Nomura sucked the soul out of the game.

the next games will gradually veer off the story and title and more into the cross dressing and kpop dancing.
the final chapter will be a dance off between Cloud and Sephiroth with a skantily clad Jenova mixing beats

Well for one there is the burning meta question in everyone's minds: now that destiny can be changed will Aerith live?

Also Zack. What will he do? What WAS he doing all that time between his arrival at Midgar and now?

I don't think "the god of destiny" is an apt descrpition in this case. Seemed more like a time weapon the planet made to protect itself. Which means there might be another (bigger) one. Also what the fuck was up with the named whispers being based on Cloud, Barret and Tifa?

Finally, what is Sephiroth's plan? Obviously to change history so that he doesn't lose, but how? And what is up with him saying he wants to save the planet when he intends to smash Meteor on it?

What was the deal with fighting the big Heartless looking guy? I get that he was the god of Fate of whatever, but was Sephiroth baiting you into killing him, so he was free to fuck about with the timeline? Also, is the Sephiroth we fight from the future, and somehow sending himself back through Jenova, the hooded Reunion guys to sort of Terminator the past to prevent the conclusion of OG FFVII from happening?

they started development of it a few months before the release

Sephiroth's goal is to destroy the planet, move on and find another planet to destroy; taking up the act that Jenova was doing before it was stopped by the Cetra.

Cloud has the mental battle in his head with Seph early and defeats his influence, but Seph pretty much lays out his plan of wanting to traverse the galaxy and just fuck shit up.

He's still going to want to obtain the black materia and nuke the planet and absorb the lifestream, but not that Cloud can't be his puppet, it's going to be Zack who plays the tragic hero role. This is eluded to in the ending emphasizing Zack surviving and Aerith's reaction to having changed destiny and apparently sensing (after the vision of Zack walking past her in that same spot years earlier) trouble ahead. It would add a new dynamic if Zack survives only to be killed by the party in order to stop Seph from getting his mitts on that materia - if he isn't completely taken over by Seph's influence entirely.

It's the Sephiroth from the OG timeline that lives on in the lifestream as seen in AC. Somehow (we don't know how exactly) he gained the power to time-travel.
So he baits Cloud and co. into killing King Ghost so that they don't interfere with his plans of changing the future since he got wrecked by Cloud on the PS1 and never got to sail the cosmos with the planet as his vessel.

As for the hooded figures, I'm not sure, but I believe they are somewhat replacing the original 's Jenova wandering around pretending to be Sephiroth the whole time. It seems that this time around, he'll directly control the clones to fuck with the party like pawns. It's a fun fact to note that in some point in the development of the original game, each time you fought ''Sephiroth/Jenova'' like on the cargo ship, you were chasing around a hooded figure that when encountered, revealed itself to be an actual body part of Jenova, like a litteral Arm or leg. They lated changed it, but you can still see a remnant of that idea in the cargo ship after beating JENOVA Birth, an arm is left on the floor

Maybe they're going back in that direction with the hooded figures pretending to be Sephiroth. This comes from the Ultimania btw.

FF7R is now the last jedi of gaming. An impossible to fix cluster fuck that will tarnish the name of the game and series forever.

I'm pretty sure their plan is to go into a completely different direction in the next parts, considering the ending outrights says UNKNOWN future and this game isn't named FF7 Remake Part 1 because it will be the only part that follows the game's story the rest will have a different naming scheming

>Seventh Impact
Nice

Square is making no attempt to hide the original or add stupid shit on top pf it unless you count cheats.
You can buy and play it right now on every platform currently active in it's original unchanged form.

Some of the leaks on here say they are rebranding kingdom hearts into some new square enix dissidia mcu and all final fantasy games will be included and reworked to fit it. so cloud is essentially ironman in this game.

Would be better than what we got. The wall market section was pretty neat, though I'm sad the sidequests didn't include you getting a bunch of different garments for Cloud.

Kingdom Hearts as a license belongs to Disney.
As much as I believe Nomura's a madlad, I don't think the higher ups will just let him do that. Then again lol.

>It's a fun fact to note that in some point in the development of the original game, each time you fought ''Sephiroth/Jenova'' like on the cargo ship, you were chasing around a hooded figure that when encountered, revealed itself to be an actual body part of Jenova, like a litteral Arm or leg. They lated changed it, but you can still see a remnant of that idea in the cargo ship after beating JENOVA Birth, an arm is left on the floor

That got cut? I'm pretty sure I remember this being the case in the actual game

Proof

??????????

Jesus Christ himself will be the final boss

>dude trust me