These games are legit 1/10

These games are legit 1/10.
If they didn't have the brand name attached to them then they'd be viewed as the shovelware tier excrements they are by everyone.

Attached: Pokémon_Sword_and_Shield.jpg (450x222, 52.15K)

No shit, Sherlock.

Unfortunately companies successfully got people to agree with pic related.

Attached: 1569377253672.png (620x493, 5.76K)

Why do these games make people so upset?

Because the franchise used to be pretty good and now it's shit, should be obvious why people would be upset by that.

>If they didn't have the brand name attached to them then they'd be viewed as the shovelware tier excrements they are by everyone.
Temtem and yokai watch are prove that you are wrong.

Those are both much better than nuPokemon.

Thanks for proving my point yet again.

It's both irritating and admirable that they were able to sell a game modern game for 60 bucks so well despite it having less content than a Gameboy Advance game from 2005. We live in a funny world.

How?Temtem and Yokai Watch don't prove that people care more about the brand with Pokemon.
People buy Yokai Watch because it actually does some things right, people buy neo-Pokemon because of the brand.
You're an idiot.

Despite everyone here saying originally that Yas Forums's and /vp/'s outcry was a waste of time, turns out it wasn't strong ENOUGH. We should have been LOUDER about our disgust for this game. Most normies didn't even know about all the backlash for the games before buying them.

Hopefully at least the DLCs won't sell.

Yokai watch 4 has the same issues as sword and shield, the only diference is that people like you defend YK to death saying shit like "soul", but just like pokemon is a mediocre RPG. And I know people like you like to meme about how YK has "grow" when it reality it just keeps changing things in a desperate attempt to find an audience.

>FFVII remake is legit 1/10.
>If they didn't have the brand name attached to them then they'd be viewed as the shovelware tier excrements they are by everyone.
Fix'd

>used to be pretty good
It was a buggy, glitchy mess from the get-go.

It's a case of crying wolf. WIth this board, you name any remotely popular game, there's at least one autist or group of autists dedicated to relentlessly flinging shit at it. This happens so often, when something truly execrable comes down the pike, any legitimate complaints are just lumped together with the white noise.

Game freak made TOWN, which was also an rpg but without the pokemon label attached.
It got mediocre reviews.
Goes to show that you can sell something on brand name alone.

Yet you still bought it. Ohmori and Masuda laughing their asses off right now

>It got mediocre reviews.
>Mediocre
Fucking gamexplain of all places hated it.

I don’t have a switch and haven’t played since ORAS. Can someone tell me what went wrong?

I was mostly going off of Wikipedia

>Broken exp system not optional
>Linear and smallest region in the franchise
>3 major cities, less than any other game
>Two towns are literally a pokémon center and a gym
>10 routes, less than any other game
>Routes are literally hallways
>No optional areas other than wild area
>Wild area is an empty laggy multiplayer lobby
>No exploration or secrets at all
>No dungeons
>Escape rope is now useless, there's nowhere you can get lost
>No day/night cycle until postgame
>No GTS
>Pay multiplayer and pay Home separately or they'll delete your old pokémon
>Only 1 optional legendary hunt, less than any other game
>2 legendaries per game, less than any other game
>Mediocre story
>No victory road
>No elite 4
>game series about conquering it's league and rising to the top doesn't fucking include an elite four
>Elite 4 replacements are 3 battles against newbies that heal you between fights
>mouse cursor over both the opening cutscene and the credits movie
>Postgame shorter than XY's
>Most generic battle tower in the franchise
>Cut a lot of moves
>no superboss
>Cut over half of the dex "to improve" visuals
>Graphics barely improved
>Same models
>Same animations except a few specific attacks
>Worst pokémon designs in the franchise
>Kanto pandering in form of regional forms
>Kanto pandering in form of new shitty exclusive mechanic that will be scrapped in the next generation
>Buggy game bricking consoles
>Buggy game deleting saves
>Buggy game corrupts the data of all games on the SD card
>Buggy game can crash other devices in the wireless network
>No VS Recorder despite it being in every game for the prior decade
>Music glitches out during Legendary battles and Wi-Fi battles

>Masuda announces compatibility culling
>Says it's so they can focus on graphics and gameplay options
>Game gets leaked
>Dataminers confirm it's the same models from the 3DS games so why cut compatibility
>Game looks like upscaled SM and runs at 30 FPS with drops despite Mario Odyssey running at 60 FPS without drops with better graphics and being an open world platformer and don't forget the graphics excuse.
>Has about as much to do as XY so content excuse is null.
>Features that used to be free now require NSO and Home so that's an extra $36 a year.

I actually didn't. I told myself I would probably get it used, but I still haven't bought it and probably never will, I genuinely have no desire to play this shit despite being a massive Pokemon fan who previously would never miss a gen.

Because they're objectively bad games yet the fanbase still defends them, ensuring that the quality of games will continue to plummet.

Former hyper fan here (living dex and competitive version of every mon tier autist with 800 hours per game) I'll keep playing if I can borrow them but I'm done paying for the franchise. Anything beyond story end will only be on emulators so I can A)Not pay and B)Use PKHex and mods to bypass GF's shit.

That’s really sad. I got into pc gaming during quarantine but last summer I spent a lot of time playing platinum and rng’ing my game has 100 hours and I didn’t even beat the battle tower only got to level 80. Did the game at least sell poorly.

It's Pokemon so no. Let's Go were remakes of games that already got remakes with less content then the previous remakes and shitty forced motion controls and it still sold 12 million at $60 on a pre-Smash install base.

>Did the game at least sell poorly.
Fuck no.
16 MILLION copies in 6 weeks.

Reminder

Attached: 1998 pokrmon vs 2018 pokemon.webm (640x360, 539.27K)

Is it just laziness? I mean literally why?

Pure laziness. GF don't give a fuck about making a good game, only shitty something out for a paycheck.

Lolno

The people who weren’t already looking at Pokémon more critically after the jump to 3D are either the absolute bottom of the barrel bootlickers or literal children. It’s one of the best-selling Switch games and may quite possibly outdo BotW and SMO on lifetime sales.

The amount of corporate dicksucking and “entitled gamers” rhetoric around the SwoShi release was staggering.

Attached: 40E70BD0-2388-40CE-84D0-F89A5B852201.jpg (900x394, 75.05K)

Well that sucks. So far there isn’t anything on the switch I really want to get. I was gonna get one for Metroid prime four but now that’s not coming out till the end of its lifespan