I need help, my autism is preventing me from being able to enjoy X-Com 2. Every goddamn run I play...

I need help, my autism is preventing me from being able to enjoy X-Com 2. Every goddamn run I play, I start out having a great time. I like playing Ironman mode with no restarts, the sense of real danger makes every mission tense. I play well, and despite ups and downs, things generally work out nicely. Then I get in some damn situation where I put all my top guys on an a critical mission, and a bullshit death spiral drags the whole mission into the shitter. I'm left in the lurch on whether to restart, which will completely kill my enthusiasm for the run, or keep playing the doomed game, and I just end up avoiding my favorite game for a month. What do I do? I don't want to turn the difficulty down or Ironman mode off, it's how I enjoy the game. Why am I like this.

Attached: 1572410768189.webm (1280x1024, 461.48K)

>it's how I enjoy the game.
>except when the game gets serious and I lose
Faggot.

Easy, don't under any circumstance deploy all of your top guys on a critical mission

I guess you're right, but it doesn't seem like the missions fail because I didn't bring enough strength to it, we're talking hitting advent sites at 2 bars from total human goo-ification.

Is it faggoty? Yes, but I just can't enjoy the game unless lives are on the line, but when everything death spirals I just feel like I've massively wasted my time. I just want to enjoy Xcom but this has happened every time.

Attached: My Xcom Runs.webm (640x360, 413.06K)

Don't "main" people. Spread out your recruits and level them evenly. Losses will not fuck you up nearly as much

What should we tell you? You know where is the issue and you know how to solve it.
Hell for most missions you can quit anytime if things get too rough.

>op pic again
Does Yas Forums seriously? That situation is a big fucking nothing. They got shot with a stun launcher and fainted inside the ship, except for that one guy who can simply be picked up and moved 1 square. The player can now either wait with the 2 guys until the rest wake up, or say fuck it and abort mission, conveniently carrying all the guys safely back to base since they're inside the craft. Seems to be a terror mission, so dead civilians will be a penalty. But it's not the end of the world since your fighting force is still intact.

Can you play the old Xcom with modern resolutions? 4k and ultrawide?

>all those soldiers too frail and weak to withstand a simple stun grenade
That's why you need to make your soldiers big and strong so they laugh at such puny attempts to stop them.

Attached: yhhtyj.png (1920x1080, 2.97M)

Yes, play it with OpenXCOM and you're good.

>nu-xcom babby gets filtered when he loses one mission with his precious death squad

Death is part of the game, stop being autistic. The last two times I've completed [REDACTED] or bust I had 200-300 dudes in total die. Also use vehicles if you want it to be easier.

This is good trolling OP. Xcom fags take this shit way too seriously not to reply.

Imagine being this triggered by people who like a game series.

I love Xcom, which is why I know the OP's bullshit will work.

Wait, where the fuck do the XCOM series start? Where should i begin? XCOM1? I'm trying to look for new turn-based games

I understand you OP, it's how i play games too, i've tried an ironman run of FO2 and it might be literally impossible due to the random events

Play UFO: Enemy Unknown aka XCOM: UFO defense with OpenXCOM
Then play X-COM: Terror from the Deep with OpenXCOM.
Skip a few games and play XCOM: Enemy Unknown with the Enemy Within expansion.
Then play XCOM 2 with the War of the Chosen expansion

If you want more of the original XCOM games, then there's the XCOMFiles standalone mod and the War of Terrifying Silence standalone mod.

Well if you wahnt gofrom start - Download OpenXcom. But you need OG copy for that.
You can also try few mods, but I recomend Final mod pack for the starters.
There are also Jagged alliance 2 or Silent storm but I'm to dumb for those, but they are good games too.
But my personal favorite turn-based game is Fallout Tactics, you can check it out too.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x328, 654.62K)

What does OpenXCOM do?

A whole lot. Mostly it makes the old DOS games run better on modern Windows by giving them modern resolution options and graphical options.
It adds many options that let you tweak the gameplay and play with certain mods.
And more.

Attached: Untitled.png (1282x747, 105.03K)

Thanks anons, will check it out, hope i enjoy it

It ports the game into a modern engine, similiar to openTTD, GZDoom, Daggerfall Unity, etc.

Open Source port for modern systems, usually some weirdos make mods with Extended versions, but for regular users it's helps run OG X-Com on modern systems, something like GZDoom.

it rewrites the engine in c++ makes it run better and without DOS, it also fixes some bugs, and adds mod support

Just remember than in the original X-com losing soldiers is not a big deal, you an always replace them, hell most of the time the recruits are worth less than the equipment they carry, you don't need to sacrifice soldiers, but you should always be prepared to do so if necessary because trading 1 rookie for several sectoids in a suicide bombing is a good deal

>War of Terrifying Silence
a small correction: it's "World" not "War"

Play XPiratez

Attached: 3466.png (1221x762, 72.94K)

I always fuck that up.

>World of Terrifying Silence
Sell it to me with more words than "TFTD with more stuff"

HAI THERE

Attached: chrysa.jpg (1024x576, 121.59K)

All xenos will face the blade

Attached: BEHEAD THOSE WHO OPPOSE XCOM.png (1882x1059, 3.47M)

There's so much stuff to mention
>rebalance of the economy where things like corpses can give you resources, making certain items require resources other than just aquaplastics or zrbite
>reworked manufacturing (can't just buy anything that you have researched, many items need to be manufactured)
>several new transport and fighter craft
>several new craft weapons
>couple new unmanned craft on the battlescape
>reworked tech tree where you can't simply rush to sonic technology or sonic grenades
>many new weapons, including weapon with an arced projectile trajectory
>weapons that exclusively work on land or under water
>new armor types
>armors have their strengths and weaknesses
>different layouts inside alien craft
>new aliens and abilities
>feels like you're fighting a losing war more so than vanilla TFTD (if that felt like it at all)
>new mission types (like alien barge, military base defense, alien ruined craft or whatever it was called)
etc.