Do you still play pokemon games?

Do you still play pokemon games?

Attached: Snapchat-1024202503.jpg (640x860, 136.03K)

Yeah, I do somehow still like pokemon despite all the shit games of late.

I played Alpha Sapphire and its fun, but i didnt realise it was a remake lol.

Why dont people like sword and shield?

I finally go to playing Gen IV for the first time in years by buying a used physical copy of platinum and finally I beat it after a long run and actually cried a bit because I was never able to beat Diamond, Pearl and Soulsilver legitimately as a kid and here I was beating Platinum like lols
I also play a lot of FR/LG and Pokemon White but I'll probably never replay OR or Sun because one has a lot of data on there and Sun just sucks
Seriously all you need is Gens III, IV and V and you have the whole genuine pokemon experience
I just wish that Nintendo can get along to giving us a remaster instead of a remake

Attached: 1387321068857.png (793x630, 396.42K)

Yes but they have regressed so much. I can't think of another game series that gets progressively worse with each installment.

didnt play USUM or SS. probably not going to buy a new one until there's a drastic change at gamefreak,

Sword and Shield were an insult to many old fans by cutting off pokemon and then adding them in DLC, not to mention that the gameplay is even more dumbed down than Gen VII

Sonic, Final Fantasy, Halo
thats usually what comes to mind

Yep. I'm replaying White 2 as we speak.

SWORD/SHIELD DIFFICULTY ROMHACK

FUCKING
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

No
Diamond And Pearl was what killed the series for me.

ok genwunner

Im going to start Ultra Sun, are you saying i shouldnt bother?

DLC, really? Like who tf is going to pay for pokemon, it reminds me of fifa, u can buy things in that game too.

Which is better black/white or diamond/pearl?

Attached: Snapchat-402173321.jpg (640x860, 177.21K)

USUM are kino and have the best soundtrack of the franchise.

Way to leak your real name you fucking brainlet.

BW/BW2 are infinitely better than DPP.

XY was decent, but for some reason ORAS bored me so much that it killed all my interest in getting SuMo or USUM. I doubt I'll ever get around to playing those, and I'm pretty confident I'll never play through SwSh or anything after them.
However, I will probably replay some gen 4/5 games in the future.

Gen VII is just meh and too easy, thats the issue
I mean ffs if you know what to do you can score a Salamence at the very beginning of the game
Also B2/W2 > B/W = PT = HG/SS > D/P
Also nice nails you tranny faggot

>tfw Sword/Shield were the first Pokemon titles I skipped in a decade
I have no regrets. Game Freak has proven time and time again that they have no respect for their games, or their players.

Attached: 1583483099722.jpg (1280x720, 88.66K)

I have a few vc and romhacks cias on my 3DS XL. Sword was fairly disappointing as GF went full jew with paywalling everything
>Home being more expensive than Bank on 3ds
>Can't even bring all mons to sword/shield
>Different DLC for different games (although not sure why you would buy one copy of sword and one copy of shield)
>no day and night outside of wild area
>GTS paywalled

Honestly bought it for 35 used on ebay, and I still felt ripped off. It's no better than the 3ds games, although at least with XY I had fun for a good chunk of the game. I bought let's go pikachu for 20 dollars on ebay and that felt like a major rip off.

Playing CAWPS at the moment but it's pretty shit as far as romhacks go and frankly realized I really don't care for gen III and Hoenn. Digimon games are actually more fun.

yes, but not that one

Sun/moon unironically killed every single last drop of love I had for the series, I don't want to play anything pokemon related ever again.

>Which is better black/white or diamond/pearl?
I think most people recommend skipping DP and going straight to Platinum if possible.
I recommend playing through BW at least once because N's story is pretty cool. B2W2 has better gameplay though.

i never liked it. i've never gotten past the 4th gym in any pokemon because i get fuckin bored

>cutting off pokemon and then adding them in DLC
>Like who tf is going to pay for pokemon
It's a free update

Go Platinum over D/P as it fixes most of D/P's problems like the lack of fire types and adding more pokemon to the regional dex.

Gen VII's only "difficulty" spike was probably with U-Necrozma

You never missed much. Alola is easily worse than Kalos, and Kalos was fairly empty. I can't even remember the names of the places other than MeleMele island.

X/Y was the last straw for me

be my homebrewing gf

>Sword and Shield were an insult to many old fans by cutting off pokemon and then adding them in DLC, not to mention that the gameplay is even more dumbed down than Gen VII
The Pokemon are being added as a free update with the DLC, you still won't be able to catch them sure but you can transfer/trade for them and use them just fine.

Yea but really only R/B and HG/SS.

Its not my last name so no one can stalk me

Why did it bore u, im at the part where team aqua have stolen the blue orb, its ok, i just want it to get good, its a bit easy at the mo.
Ok ill check out platinum, i didnt play this one the first time

Im just waiting for it to get good

Cant, got banned for asking for kiks before :(

>R/B
FRLG are superior to originals in everyway.

No

You'll never pass, you genetic deadend

based B2W2 chads

>Why dont people like sword and shield?
>People
Normal regular people liked it i guess, the rest of the geriatric fanbase didn't, i also didn't like it but i was already bored of pokemon by then

Everything about the game is mediocre to bad and then to put salt in the wounds, they removed over half of the pokemon roster so they could sell it back to you later for $30 (you still don't get all the pokemon back lol).
Hallway route design, barren wild areas, baby difficulty, plentiful amounts of useless and flatly written fluff dialog, ugly graphics, lazy animations (despite this being one of the reasons the pokemon were cut), "giant pokemon" gimmick was awful, even the music isn't very good.
I think the best thing you can use to quickly get a feel of the overall game is the game's story. Right before the champion battle the fat goofy chairman pops in to tell you he's unleashing ancient alien evil so they can get more sports energy because this energy that is used for nothing but sports will run out in 1000 years but he's gotta do it RIGHT NOW. You run off and beat up the ancient evil and then beat up fat chairman and he just goes "oh sorry about this lads I'll just go turn myself in". It makes yourself ask you what the FUCK you just played and that's a great summary of the entire game.
SM and XY aren't much better either. Gamefreak can suck big gardevoir wang.

Attached: 1516226614860.jpg (529x589, 85.34K)

That's actually what I meant.

But this guy is saying that its a free to update, so which is it??

it has it's flaws but as post ORAS games go it's the new normal.

I say post ORAS as with XY there is a leeway, in spite of Kalos being rush to shit to meet the yearly demand/1st ever global release. ORAS spit in people's faces not only with the "BF project has begun!" but with the cutting of the game corner without a proper replacement. People used to complain about voltorb flip circa 2010 but something is better than nothing

>Why dont people like sword and shield?
I don't like the design of the new pokemon. If I don't like the pokemon, I'm not going to play the game. Gen 1, 2, and 4 are the best ones, imo. White/Black were mostly OK. There were enough pokemon I liked that I could play the game. Didn't like gen 3 for the same reason I didn't play Sword/Shield.

The Pokemon are coming in a free update, the 30 dollar thing he's talking about it an expansion with a new map and some sidequests, still a rip off in my opinion but you aren't buying back the cut Pokemon

They'll have to get patched in so non-DLC people can battle people with the DLC pokemon, so you will PROBABLY be able to trade for them.

>Why did it bore u
I'm not sure really. I feel like there might have been a few too many "I'll take you where you need to go!" parts, and I don't think I ever felt interested in the story.
or maybe my problems were more shallow like I couldn't find enough wild pokemon I was interested in using or the game didn't have enough soul

I had the time of my life with Sapphire 17(!) years ago and never got around to playing Emerald until a month ago. It's been so long since I played Sapphire yet I still remember a ton of things that happens in the game but it's also fresh enough to still feel like a relatively new experience. I started FireRed Omega last week and I wish Pokemon games took this direction; it's honestly perfect. I played every Pokemon except for BW2, Sword/Shield and UltraSun/Moon and the only ones I could finish (story-wise) was X and AlphaSapphire. The former because of the cute dress-up mechanic and AlphaSapphire because of the nostalgia goggles. I never even finished HeartGold despite 2nd gen being my favorite (I tried SacredGold, too but never finished that one either). I felt like the Pokemon designs really went downhill ever since BW and that was the beginning of the end of my love for the franchise. I think MegaEvolutions are awful, too, aesthetically and mechanically. SuMo was the final nail in the coffin with its boring cutscenes every 10 steps. Do my fellow boomer anons share the same sentiments as me in regards to the series? Also interested in what zoomers have to say.

>ORAS spit in people's faces not only with the "BF project has begun!" but with the cutting of the game corner without a proper replacement.
Fucking up the dark cave and locking the basement area behind a bike instead of just remaking the dungeon sucks too, making you have to return later to catch Sableye and Mawile.

>Hallway route design
That's not even the worst offender, there's no proper dungeon and every cave is basically a straight line with no branching paths. I understand some people don't like JRPGs that "block off" areas with items in that area that you can't return to but Pokemon isn't one of them. Now even the towns were hallways with the Team Yell "gym/town".

The experience of 1st gym to right after Korrina fight was fun. Everything after was a shitshow. I enjoyed there being quite a big selection of mons at the very beginning and uncommon ones like dragons as well, would have been nice w/ ice types but oh well. SM suffers from Yokai Watch syndrome but even that game has more content.

I like dicking around in older games with random Pokemon that aren't necessarily shit, but outclassed. Though my recent Platinum playthrough has been a nightmare since half my team is terrible (Gastrodon without Earth Power, base Rotom, and Bronzong).

Oh God no, it's been like 15 years since I was a virgin.

I still like Pokemon games. I will admit I enough gen 1-4 more than black/white onward. Not really sure if nostalgia or a difference in feel desu.