Was TP really THAT horrible?

> Most hyped game since MGS2
> Loses GOTY to Gears of War & TES IV: Oblivion
> Completely forgotten now
> Skyward Sword got more GOTY awards despite having Skyrim & Portal 2 as competition

Attached: the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess.jpg (1280x1024, 405.78K)

to think there are people who consider TP and Oblivion to remotely be on the same tier as Gears of War.

TP gets talked about more than any other Zelda around here as of late. But no, it wasn't that bad, just overhyped.

/thread

No it doesn't retard, nobody gives a single fuck about this game & all of the discussion is solely related to people wanting to fuck Midna

>measuring game's quality by word of mouth

Unironically more reliable than reviews these days, provided one leaves their echochamber and seeks out actual thoughts and discussion on the game.

no it doesn't you retarded faggot. botw exists

Not really. There was just a disproportionate backlash against "muh brown realism". The game holds up fine, but it just isn't as memorable or divisive as other Zelda games. TWW and SS are discussed more simply because of how abhorrent they are, which isn't a good thing.

Can't comment on how bad it is, but it's better than BOTW, I know that for sure.

Headcanon, WW is universally praised everywhere.

>nobody gives a single fuck about this game & all of the discussion is solely related to people wanting to fuck Midna
Those are Midna threads. Threads focusing on TP are the best Zelda thread.

It's actually pretty damn good in my opinion. BOTW helped prove the Zelda cycle wrong, I think most would prefer BOTW or TP over SS.

>WW is universally praised everywhere.
As if that means anything. There's a reason why this webm makes WWfags seethe.

Attached: Wind Waker.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

Nah, but it's probably in the top 5 most discussed along with Ocarina, Wind Waker, and BOTW
Depends on what they like about Zelda. I liked BOTW but it doesn't really have much of what I like about Zelda aside from the exploration, the interaction with the runes/items, and the sense of freedom. TP though, I loved venturing through the dungeons and seeing what's in store for me

>Hype
>GOTY Shilling
>Forgtten
>More GOTY Shilling

Attached: AGOAAA.png (600x800, 50.3K)

It's my favorite zelda game. Ocarina-fags can get fucked.

>Fans hot off the heels of Majoras Mask see the GameCube tech demo
>feel baited and switched when Wind Waker is announced
>still not happy when a game that looks more like the tech demo comes out anyway
It's just diehard fans. They're never satisfied. As a secondary who can say he likes the Zelda series, I can say I liked all the games. WW, Twilight Princess, and BotW were probably my favorites. Mostly all of the others were good too. The diehard fans will be the bitchiest about everything no matter what though.

Playing it on the Wii was pure cancer. I literally never bought a next gen console after playing it, it was so fucking bad. I couldn't sit on my couch to play it or the sensor wouldn't work, so I had to set up a chair in the middle of the living room, and wiggle my right arm for 25 hours off and on, for shit gameplay, eye cancer inducing brown and bloom blurry pixelated graphics, wolf link, and a depression and cynicism that has never gone away since that day. I blame Twilight Princess for my drinking and my drug use. I blame it for my social isolation and that I dropped out of school. I blame it for my inability to get my hopes up for the traumatizing, scarring fear that I would ever be as disappointed in something ever again. Goddamn this shit game to fucking hell, I pray that its creators are forced to suck satan's hairy asshole for eternity in everlasting hell fire. May everyone who speaks its praises be cursed forever. FUCK Midna. And FUCK the Wii.

Attached: 01L.jpg (754x424, 229.89K)

What was Yas Forums's reaction to 8.8 hubbb during that time? Did Yas Forums agree that TP should be scored higher than 8.8 or was it the opposite?

Attached: 1579742505639.png (470x454, 10.83K)

Blame market research. For everything honestly. The market researchers realized they could reach a wider audience, and generate more sales, of they balance the game to be retard friendly. When it came to finances, they were right. The natural evolution of this culminated with
>wait a minute, that card.

>They give you the answer on a puzzle

Oh no. Anti WW fags are fags.

Intense. Personally, it's my all time favorite game. Wiimote go swoosh.

I wasn't on Yas Forums back in 2006, but as a TPfag I do think it was rated appropriately in retrospect. Also think they rated SS appropriately as well.

TP still feels like the most "epic" Zelda but its the pacing that really bogs it down

Only the first third. After you rescue Midna the game snaps into a good groove.

>Anti WW fags are fags.
They're the people who want good Zelda games, not Aonuma's forced style of cartoon shit.

WW's fucked but the visuals aren't why. It failing to live up to its own ambitions and doing next to nothing worth a damn with its sea is a lot more pertinent.

The sad thing is that as a kid I got stuck at this part...

>There's a reason why this webm makes WWfags seethe.

Why?

Attached: 1541732506600.png (281x301, 88.86K)

That's okay user, you were a kid.

The game holds your hand like a retard despite it being the very end of the game.

I agree with this statement yeah, I like most of the games too. None of the ones I've played have gone below "decent" to me and most of them are excellent in my opinion

It isn't and it shouldn't be.
Aside from Ganondorf having a few interesting lines that go wasted because the writers assume you have ADD (or have ADD themselves), the writing was incredibly childish. Don't go preaching to me about how "mature" the fucking moral was when it amounts to "destiny is optional", which is and has been a basic bitch-tier "moral" for the last few decades at least.
The visuals have aged pretty well but much of the game's aesthetic is just "bright blue and bright green", and that gets grating.
The gameplay is garbage (inb4 MUH PICKING UP WEAPONS) and it's an incomplete product (multiple dungeons replaced with the tedious-ass triforce quest that the tears of light segments couldn't be as annoying as if they tried).
WW is ultimately a passable Zelda game at best.

A game with these tiddies in it can't possibly be bad.

Attached: Midna Twili.jpg (640x640, 48.11K)

I don.t get it, how was he supposed to know the order of the boomerang hits ?

Attached: greg.png (645x343, 362.86K)

Trial and error, clues in the environment.

The only bad zelda game for home consoles its indubitably skyward cucksword.

On handheld consoles, theres 2 games that are even worse than cucksword, spiritcuck and phantomcuck. Absolutely shitty games.