And the best Soulsborne boss is

And the best Soulsborne boss is...

Attached: 4302904329042394032.jpg (1428x820, 265.23K)

certainly not fume knight, it's alonne that is the best.

coming through

Attached: best boss.jpg (900x591, 72.42K)

...Gael

Attached: 02349042394023.jpg (1280x720, 134.86K)

that's not ludwig

I hated him. All other DS3 bosses at least try to pretend that they care about physics. And then Gael jumps up in the air, levitates for a sec, and shoots out in a direction that makes no sense. I also hated the fact that he was a literal nobody and it was anti-climatic as fuck.

but when gwyn is anti climatic and boring its super cool because he's a someone.

I respec'd to farcast dark magic because I could not beat this fucker. I am eternally shit.

I spent hours trying to beat him my first time fighting him. I went back a couple years later to replay the game, and beat it first try from the attack patterns and shit being burned into my muscle memory from so fucking many attempts long ago. Felt good

>And then Gael jumps up in the air, levitates for a sec, and shoots out in a direction that makes no sense.
You've never read Berserk, have you

I never played DS1 (Yeah go ahead laugh at me), so IDK about Gwyn. Back on the topic of Gael, they tried to make this literal nobody appear powerful way too hard. His screeching and the accompanying anime bullshit such as the lightning strikes and his spectral cape just looked out of place in contrast with the rest of the game.

this dude has literally consumed the DARK SOUL, this dude harbors the DARK SOUL. Those are souls flying out of santas cape you see, the lightning shit just looks cool i guess. It looks all anime like because miyazaki could not end it off with making it some giant berserk reference.

Gael was an underwhelming fight after Midir.

any ds2 boss is automatically disqualified. the real answer is gael.

Attached: 1490970137555.jpg (1920x1080, 550.78K)

TWO
SWORDS

For me, it's Ludwig.

>ds3 zoomers
gross
just because you got over your bloodborne shitposting because it has no pvp or replayability don't latch onto bloodbore: the sheild expansion

this thread is about the best boss fights, and all the good ones are in ds3 and bloodborne. let's hear your answer, you gonna say some meme shit like ornstein and smough? get the fuck out of here.

Shut up dummies, real best boss coming through

Attached: ChadKnight.jpg (1280x720, 192.46K)

ok zoomer

Actual answer: Champion Gundyr was the best mix of atmosphere, difficulty, and it was an actually fair fight, which is quite a rarity in DS3. No physics-defying bullshit moves, no delaying for arbitrary amounts of time only to lash out in a fraction of a second, no bad hitboxes, and the camera behaved well.

>Soulsborne

my favorites are
Artorias
Sir Alonne
Gaping Dragon

Gaping Dragon is really cool, wish I had a figure.

If your favorite boss is from Dark Souls 2 you need to rethink your life or end it.

Attached: 1990288037701.jpg (1024x1024, 67.42K)

Hes the boss I fought the most, from farming slimes in the depths with a summon sign placed.
So I think I just like him because Im so familiar with him, but the design is really cool and unique.

I legitimately wish FROM would rename Dark Souls 2 to something else. It doesn't fit with the other games. It's fundamentally different.
All the bickering on here would fucking stop. People here are fine with anons putting Sekiro, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3 etc. at the top of their lists, but as soon as someone brings up Dark Souls 2, you all go apeshit.
I just want it gone. Make a board exclusively for DS2-faggots or something, I'm so tired of them

In a real world scenario this dude would probably wipe the floor with every other Souls boss
They just had to make him slow and retarded for the player character to defeat him

>I also hated the fact that he was a literal nobody and it was anti-climatic as fuck.
Totally missed the point, embarassing.

That'd be Dragon god.

Actually the best boss is Gywn

>I legitimately wish FROM would rename Dark Souls 2 to something else.

Dark Souls Gaiden

Darklurker and Chariot were good, literally every other boss in the base game sucked balls though.

Looked easy after beating Midir on the 82nd try

>Dark Souls 2 gets rebranded and renamed to something else
>3 gets renamed to 2
>From actually makes a competent long and thought out Dark Souls 3
Hmmmm....

>I also hated the fact that he was a literal nobody and it was anti-climatic as fuck.
filtered

>filters you
Nothing personnel bearer

Attached: download (1).jpg (221x228, 9.64K)

ahem.....

Attached: 1000[1].jpg (1000x597, 169.63K)

I don't even hate ds2, but the constant shitposting from ds2posters is cancer

The problem was that 3 was too samey not that 2 was too different.

I like Smelter Demon.

...False King Allant!

lmao 2cats was a good boss too

3fags get destroyed every thread

>arsenal consists entirely of attacks with several seconds of windup on an enemy that is the only one in DS2 that doesn't exist on a magical lazy susan and can't turn on a dime while casting
nope, he was piss easy. A complete joke compared to actually fucking getting to him.

I would say Pontiff is the best but he has a bugged attack that is impossible to predict, where his short sword instantly hits you in one single frame. Fume Knight wins by process of elimination

>le epic guy with sword boss

>Pontiff
Any boss where you can win via gank squad is disqualified.

His NBA slam dunk pose was hilarious though
He deserves to be a little anime because he's the "totally not Guts" final sendoff to the whole series.
Lorewise he's one of the last surviving people on the planet and has been drinking primordial blood, so it's not a stretch to think that a literal who could become a superhuman

So literally every Souls boss that isn't Old Monk or Spear of the Church?

He'd have my vote, he's the culmination of everything that makes BB combat special and that second phase is such a cool victory lap
I remember when the DLC first came out people were absolutely seething because they thought you were supposed to do it as soon as you got to Cathedral Ward

Those are the best fights. Beast/non-humanoid fights in Souls games are either piss easy or an enemy that spergs out and thrashes around the boss room

In terms of boss quality.
Sekiro>Powergap>Bloodborne>Dark Souls>Dark Souls 3>Demon's Souls>Dark Souls 2.

Are you forgetting the part where he splits in two and they start spamming homing magic from different ends of the arena so that by the time you close the distance to one, the other's soul arrows are on top of you?
Maybe it was my weapon choice (double GS) but I steamrolled everything including the DLC without much trouble and this guy had me worried I'd run out of human effigies to give Old Nomura

Darkbeast and Ape Escape were top tier, though I agree most beasts fall flat

Yes I remeber the part where he splits into two easy slow bosses and one of them spams his incredibly slow melee attacks that you can jog out of on reaction, while the other alternates between his very, very slow charging fireball that you can avoid by just jogging under him (and still have time left over to chug and rebuff) or the very very slow laser attack that you can avoid from a distance by sidestepping 2 feet away.

Pic related is the one I remember most fondly.
Concept + execution + flow + aesthetics + music are all perfect, only negative is that they can be cheesed by weapon setups that allow you to hit both of them in p2.

Ludwig and Champ Gundyr would be close runners up.

Attached: lorian.jpg (1054x757, 110.75K)