Is Xenoblade's combat too tedious or just intimidating to people who haven't played anything in the series yet?

Is Xenoblade's combat too tedious or just intimidating to people who haven't played anything in the series yet?

Attached: veee.jpg (1200x675, 315.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/2weg2g46
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

XC2 is really tedious because of blade management and the changes they made to building up specials, but the others are fine.

It's a system that rewards you significantly for learning it and mastering it.

I'd get a Switch if they made an XCX port. That's all I have to say about the series.

I actually like the combat a lot, especially the first Xenoblade. Its really satisfying to position the characters around to get off a backslash and using melias specials are fun too.

>Xenoblade combat
>Tedious
Hold my beer

Attached: 1560885671468.jpg (372x500, 40.33K)

I understand why people would think it is tedious, but I enjoy it personally. Granted I'm not the type of person to grind in a Xenoblade game.

I never even really had to grind. You get exp just by going to new locations and you can usually complete the sidequest justs by progressing through an area.

I think i only had to to a bit of gridning for Mrs Insolence.

which game is the better one of the three?

They're all completely different types of games with their own positives and negatives.

Xenoblade 1 is a classic JRPG with a great cast/dub, amazing ost and story and my personal favorite.

X is often overlooked and probably puts the least emphasis on story than any of the game but its world is massive and incredible to explore plus toy can fly around in mechs. The soundtrack is hit or miss for some people but like it.

Xenoblade 2 is a lot more modern, both in the way it presents the story and with its mechanics. Theres a gacha mechanic which is decisive and the game is more "anime" in that the characters can be kinda tropey which is only excuberated by the lackluster english focus acting by the protagonist (which does get better over time). It still has a pretty good story and tie in with the first game though and again the sound track and world is great.

I think theyre all worth playing personally.

As someone who went in blind to XC2, it wasn't intimidating but was a bit tedious in the beginning before unlocking everything, and again by the end of the game once the routine of blade combo, stack orbs, chain attack was well established.

honestly if you consider xenoblade's combat tedious you can discount 99% of RPGs. Xenoblade's combat is far more engaging and dynamic than a majority of RPGs

The only one I played so far was X and I really love the combat

I've only played X, but I thought the combat was the worst part of the game. Really just enjoyed exploring the world.

strawpoll.com/2weg2g46

Positioning is cool, but the fact that there's no Spike Indicator for enemies sucks, because you can't stop auto attacking, even when running around. If spiked enemies had a visible aura surrounding them before combat started, it'd be great. I also want them to give characters more effects in their arts. More characters being able to Aura Seal, or at least Sharla, Melia, and Riki being able to do that, would be swell. You don't have to play as Shulk in a lot of instances, but Purge is very crucial for later areas

This poll keeps getting posted, but it's pretty irrelevant, I'm sorry
Xenosaga 3's combat was more refined, a lot more entertaining. The mech combat was amazing, too. They need to implement that shit in X, or maybe even XB3 if we get controllable mechs for combat or something

100 this.

I was playing X2 yesterday and actually preferred 1's combat because it felt faster, but then I got more characters and learned more about the mechanics. Once you master it, it becomes really addicting... like you're playing some sort of slot machine that makes you feel like you're always winning.

Heat Break... *screen stops, announcer* STEAM EXPLOSION TOPPLE... STEAM EXPLOSION LAUNCH... *camera encircles the enemy as you smash them to the ground* STEAM EXPLOSION SMASH. COMBO COMPLETE! Aweeeeesome.

Fucking addicting.

Maybe it's intimidating because there isn't much to compare it to. Even if the 3 games have their own flavor of it.

Attached: not so simple.jpg (1280x720, 313.09K)

Melia screaming BURST END!!! when you use it is the hottest shit.

This user gets it. And that's just one aspect of the battle system. Keeping a chain attack going until you get a Full Burst that wipes out a boss's health bar is so satisfying.

Torna's system lost a bit of the depth and customization, but it was probably the peak of Xeno in terms of feel with the switching mechanic.

I feel the opposite, the Chain Attack is honestly too powerful in XB2

>playing this for the first time; up to chapter 6
>bought the DLC and got incredibly lucky with the bonus cores and the ones you accrue naturally- only rare blades I don't have are Electra, Ursula, and KOS-MOS
How fucked am I trying to farm these out?

Also do you guys know why I'm struggling to fight shit?
I'm Lv 54 and some of the sidequest bosses/named monsters ~15 levels below me are still chunking Tora for 80% his HP. I'm not updating AUX cores constantly, but my gear is otherwise pretty decent and I've got the highest tier stuff on Poppi.

Also any recommendations for party set-ups too, like what blades I should put on who? All I know is "put Ether Cannons on Zeke".

Farming them at that point might be a pain. As to who should get what bladesm, yes, Ether Cannons of Zeke works, healers on Nia is another.

2 is tedious until like 30 hours into the game when they finally let you use most of the mechanics. It seems in Torna they learned their lesson though and let you do most things out of the gate.

1 had some tedium but the core was fine, it was stupid shit like spikes that wrecked the entire flow of shit and would instakill you when you toppled something. X had a really weird difficulty curve where getting your skell trivialized most things but then in the super lategame the skell was a liability and foot combat was better.

don't farm them until postgame. Postgame smash spamming can get you like 100 rare/100 legendary cores in 45 minutes or so. It took me like 2 hours of postgame farming to get KOS-MOS.

For weapons, if you're doing optimal, Zeke is the best user of most blades in the game. Rex needs nothing, Tora can't have anything, and Nia is an early game crutch character who is useless postgame anyways. There are like 2 or 3 blades that Nia might be competitive with Zeke or Rex for being the best user of. Morag is the best for katanas and hammers but hammers are terrible except for poppibuster and shulk.

They really need to restrict Skells, or any form of mech gameplay to their own respective dungeons, and combat, like Gears and Saga did things. On that note, make mech combat similar to Xenosaga 3.
>Torna
Yeah, but the issue was that it's literally a real orb fest with how easy it is to slap orbs on people. Still really fun, and feels like you're actually putting in work.

I had Kassandra for a while on Mòrag and it worked fine, although I think Perceval was a better choice.

Attached: 1.jpg (900x1222, 77.44K)

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 combat
its actually great once you figure out how it works.The UI, is both convoluted and yet oddly informative once you realize what all the bells and whistles are telling you.

Attached: __hikari_and_rex_xenoblade_and_xenoblade_2_drawn_by_sachito__708e4c88ce6198dcd2dc4fd3e8fb2754.jpg (782x892, 140.57K)

With all the UI improvements they're making in definitive edition, I hope they add an indicator for when an enemy has spikes. There's some ridiculous stuff like topple spikes that deal 2k damage, or abaasy's literal instant death spike.

It is tedious to people who don't learn how to exploit chains/overdrive, XC2 is tedius for other reasons, like having to change party blades to utilize their field skills.

what's fucking "intimidating" about it you just spam every skill in your bar in an order that never changes then wait for them to refill so you can do it again
it's fucking boring

I'm playing Xenoblade 2 and is this game just busywork? I've spent more time in Tiger Tiger and the merc mobile game shit than I have spent actually playing the game.