After seeing the remake, did the characters swore that much in the original game?

After seeing the remake, did the characters swore that much in the original game?

Attached: final-fantasy-7-remake.jpg (1280x1024, 380.08K)

Just Barret.

Barret did but it was all censored with random punctuation marks.

Barret and Cid, although most of their cursing is censored like !$&?@

>!$&?@
Mind your language dude

The South Park effect

No, but they also weren't allowed to swear as much back then

>!$&?@
woah calm down

Attached: EABEEE93-C069-419C-8117-7ABD9A843FBA.jpg (1280x720, 84.75K)

Honestly, what Madame M says in that one scene made even me blush and this is supposed to be some children's anime game. What was the localization team thinking?

Kiss your mother with that mouth %*))#$ ?

Cid chewing out Palmer will always be hilarious to me

It's more offensive than a duke nukem or call of duty kid's game when the cuss and swear like garbage people every other word.

Same when Mereille talks to Kyrie at the end of her quest

YES. As much as I’m enjoying FF7R, I’m convinced most of the fans who love the original were just little kids who loved how everyone swears in their video game

Seriously, they care so much about not showing Wedge die by falling. They have what they need to show his body get crushed and parts of it burst violently upon impact but they don't want to show that in a video game and get an age rating they don't want

but they'll up the profanity in the dialogue

It's cleaner in some ways, dirtier in others

Attached: 1576466684964.jpg (2381x1993, 489.93K)

Damn tifa was a bitch to cloud

Attached: 1580882170454.jpg (2573x1993, 498.12K)

>!$&?@

uhhhhh based?

Even today the japanese version is not like that, that was localization wanting to appeal to the west in more way than one, tifa's charcaterization is also different.

It's fine because it's supposed to be shocking, even to the characters around her.
Same when you meet her, she gets mad about something and starts screaming about how Aerith should be "dragged out and shot" lol

It was censored Looks like the remake removed these

Not surprising considering Barrett is still a Nigger deep down.

Attached: 1586572425634.jpg (2555x1987, 495.75K)

He's still a Nigger though.

This, Tseng is more polite compared to the original where he slaps Aerith

No. The dialogue in the orignal generally felt a lot more stilted and less natural than in the remake. There was some but stuff like Aerith letting a "shit" slip wasn't in it.

>The dialogue in the original generally felt a lot more stilted and less natural than in the remake
Of all the things to make a shitpost about, pretending Nomura's kingdom hearts overly dramatic Remake dialog + anime grunts is superior is actually comedic. Thanks for the laugh

Attached: 1569658783287.png (692x1442, 1.94M)

>cool
Fuck my coffee

No, I actually thought a lot of the dialogue felt very natural. It does veer into Kingdom Hearts style "operatic" dialogue here and there but the party banter actually felt pretty realistic most of the time.