Would Oblivion be criticized so much if it didn't have level scaling and potato faces?

Would Oblivion be criticized so much if it didn't have level scaling and potato faces?

Attached: fair knight.jpg (720x405, 56.26K)

It'd still be a bland and boring mess, but that would still be an improvement.

The music salvages anything bland and boring about the environment, to me.

Syndrome was a good villain

WAHHHH WAHHH YOU CAN'T MAKE A HANDSOME CHARACTER IN OBLIVION WAHHH WAHH.

Suck it.

Attached: Nord 4.jpg (1680x1050, 210.2K)

Skooma seller...

Attached: 313122.jpg (838x750, 42.22K)

>retarded combat system
>retarded levelling system
>soulless dungeons cranked out en masse by one guy
>no notable rewards for anything
>only good questline is dark brotherhood
probably

I'm going into Oblivion, and I require you strongest Skooma.

morrowind fags would still be butthurt

>mods
Try again.

Attached: 1586621988969.png (460x416, 544.94K)

>Why yes I play Oblivion, how could you tell?

Back then it was so hyped and praised and now everyone can see that the game was a mess, that's why it's criticized so much nowadays. But I thought it was a fine and memorable game, still remember a lot of the quests and some people still meme the game, be it in a good and bad way.

Thieves guild was also nice.

>only good questline is dark brotherhood
Thieves Guild has a shitload of potential and you end with robbing the Imperial Library of a fucking Elder Scroll.

>Would it be less criticized if it was a better game
yes

They see me moddin'
They hatin'
Patrollin' and tryna catch me riding adoring fan'

Attached: Oblivion_2019-08-20_21-50-10-18.jpg (1680x1050, 225.48K)

Attached: Oblivion_2019-08-20_21-59-04-84.jpg (1680x1050, 191.16K)

>potential
lots untapped

oblivion is the best elder scrolls game, skyrim and the two recent fallout blunders give me no hope for TES 6, but if its anything like oblivion it will be good

It had better guild quests and expansions than Morrwind and Skyrim fucking fight me nigger.

No, because the level scaling was the biggest issue with the game. The potato faces are inconsequential to the quality of the game as a whole.

What's the point of leveling if there's scaling? Isn't that basically just trying to fuck with your brain's desire to see numbers and bars go up, without any tangible gain?

There is no point, and if you play a charisma character it actively makes you weaker

the characters are unique looking, i never saw it as a game trying to look realistic but failing. skyrim is the one that looks ugly while you can tell it was supposed to look super immersive and real for the time. coupled with the iconic voice acting, the game just has a ton of personality

uninteresting gear and enemies spawn the lower your level, as well as daedric questlines being level gated some times. if you use poisons and enchantments properly there is no issue

I don't care about level scaling at all. It's an unbalanced, comfy as fuck single player RPG. It's all about role playing and immersion and I simply don't care about balance. I put like 300 hours into vanilla oblivion with no mods back when it came out.

What sucks about it, and why I struggle to return to it, is that the animations are so bad and everything is just so clunky. Bethesda games age like milk. They are really good at immersion and fun when they come out but age so poorly. If I have a TES craving I play modded Skyrim but even that's showing some age now.

>if it didn't have level scaling
no, it was actually a great game, but the enormous mistake of lazily scaling EVERYTHING sunk it to the depths

That's why you don't actually sleep to level up and never go to sleep, just rest.

the potato faces are part of the charm

remove level scaling and make it to where you don't have fast travel unlocked for every town immediately after the tutorial and Oblivion becomes better Skyrim

YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY STRONGEST SKOOMA, MY STORNGEST SKOOMA CAN KILL A KHAJIIT, LET ALONE MER.

Have you heard of the High Elves?

Potion Seller I beg you, I'm going into Oblivion

Oblivion is already better Skyrim

Yes. It was a shitty game like the other shitty bethesda games with garbage combat, a shitty story, and their garbage engine.

Imagine how many Imperial sluts have been ravaged by this Nord bvll

No, those were legitimately my two biggest issues with the game.

The world is still bland - extremely so after Morrowind - but that's not nearly as offputting as having to stare at those fucking faces.

nords have frost withered balls, and reek