FF7, Star Wars, Castlevania, Star Trek, Dragonball, Dark Crystal...

FF7, Star Wars, Castlevania, Star Trek, Dragonball, Dark Crystal. What else have they fucked up recently that I'm forgetting?

The creators of these new iterations obviously have the legal right to do whatever they want with these properties, but do they have the ethical or moral right?

Does it matter as long as it's commercially succesful?

Attached: Yazoo-is-insane.png (1280x720, 439.43K)

Saint Seiya, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Ultraman, and Devilman all got fucked by Netflix

Attached: sain1584394135387.jpg (934x1200, 682.84K)

I knew about Devilman and Ghost in the Shell, but what happened to Bebop?

Attached: latest.png (425x636, 117.85K)

It hasn't happened yet but it's coming

OP, I hope you're not talking shit about Star Trek Beyond.

Haven't watched it, was referring to Picard.

Attached: aD3Gg5Z_460s.jpg (424x399, 32.82K)

Next Generation was always gay so I already blocked it out.

kingdom hearts ended a 15 year old trilogy (spread across 100 games) with the villain getting a technical win, the MC getting cucked out of his own fucking franchise by a literal who OC that only exists because nomura is assmad over versus, still ends ANOTHER fucking cliffhanger, and the shit cherry on the piss-sundae of a DLC thats entirely cut and reused content.
so i'd pop that one on to the list

Attached: 5432.jpg (500x513, 32.11K)

I was late to Star Trek, only watched it a year ago, started terribly but over time picked up. In no small part to Patrick Stewart. Was refreshing to see a main character who cared more about diplomacy tyen pew pew laser beams ebery 5 seconds. Have skipped the movies and the show for that reason.

Oh yup forgot about that one, KH3 and FF7R must have just blended into one in my head. Sorry about that.

Attached: 20200325_164533.png (338x306, 67.33K)

>Can't make anything new
>Resort to nostalgia baiting
>Fuck up old franchises

Every single video game and movie in the last 5 years

Bebop was on Netflix ages ago and it was fine.

Oh no

Attached: mfw.png (486x468, 208.25K)

Not the anime, their live action version with John Cho or whoever.

They're making a live action version

Guess what, Dark Crystal was never good

>meanwhile, at Sega

Attached: 1586469443886.png (2500x2000, 793.07K)

What's wrong with Devilman Crybaby?

It's popular.

Thems fightin' words. OG DC is a damn masterpiece.

Attached: download (1).jpg (215x235, 7.38K)

For me it was way over the top and pretty cringe inducing at points.

Dark Crystal was kino you hasbin.

Attached: 1579923276419.png (850x1240, 431.18K)

>Star Wars
Star Wars hasn't been good since the prequels
>Dragonball
Stopped being good before you were born

You pretend to like it, but you don't

Yeah if you ignore the lore and genius theming of the original. Didn't even get Frank Oz back, peak game of thrones rip off garbage.

Nah I really do love that movie. It's a wonderful example of show don't tell, Jim Henson's best work next to a muppets christmas.

>Since before the prequels
Fixed that for you

>Dark Crystal
but it was kino, user.

Attached: 1581212021478.gif (400x225, 2.74M)

Rip off game of thrones with no understanding of what made the original great, full of plot holes and disregards the original lore. Also some how the puppets looked even more static. It's not bad, just as a fan of the original it's total Star Wars prequel territory for me.

It strayed from the OG manga and not even in an interesting way like the Apocalypse OVA

They do follow their own path, but in a very creative way. The plot isn't as convoluted as the SW sequels and it clearly has SOUL. The emperor is a 10/10 character.