Vidya will never be a niche hobby made by players for players again

>vidya will never be a niche hobby made by players for players again

I want to go back

Attached: 1584357644305.jpg (600x500, 234.99K)

Play indie games.

step 1) buy a PC (a modern, cheap one will do)
step 2) play indie games
step 3) cry yourself because you're a consoletard who won't even attempt to do anythinga above hahahahHAHAAHAHAHA

No thanks, I get my daily dose of depression and tranny shit off of Yas Forums

>why are games so shit
>"play indie games"
>noooo theyre for trannies!!
every time

Here are some nice indie games I've enjoyed over the past few years that might restore your faith in video games
>Caves of Qud
>Cogmind
>DEADBOLT
>BUTCHER
>Haven & Hearth
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Risk of Rain (1)
>King Arthur's Gold
no trannies to be found

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

Trannies aside indies are mostly garbage theres only 1 game per year

>theres only 1 game per year
i guess if your platform of choice is playstation, yeah

>502926698
Yeah, there are some good indie games. I wish I had a good review site or something that would help me find games that don't revolt me.

steam has recently added an exclusion tag and people tag stuff with LGBT

Indie games fucking suck.

name 10 very popular indie games youve played and think suck

Man, Legend of Mana was so beautiful. It seems like it'd be a lot of work to make it look decent on emulator, though

>very popular indie games
So less than 1% of the absolute shovelware trash nobody should ever play.

how the fuck can you even say that, like what is this retarded ass mindset
are the only games you play call of duty and fifa?

if you want niche shit made by people that like games indie is the way to go.

you're braindead dude

Nothing lasts forever, I'm glad I got to experience it when I did.

Attached: 1509860291068.png (700x700, 254.53K)

You're being baited you fucking idiots

but they are for trannies, some are good sure but they are for trannies nontheless

Attached: chika.png (501x780, 302.18K)

I only play retro games and a handful of modern titles by developers like From Software, how could you tell?

Attached: Gigachad.jpg (1242x1394, 155.86K)

Indiestatik was good before the founder got canceled or something

so are you by just being in this thread

Just because you're ignorant of what games come out doesn't mean they don't exist. This is what AAA-slaves like to spew because they lack the capability to discern quality without an advertising campaign telling them its ok to like it.

>niche hobby
None of those images are from when it was a niche hobby.

>the nes sold 61 million units
>the gameboy sold 118 million units
That doesn't sound niche to me.

Video games were never niche you retard.

There are good indies.

There is degeneracy there too though. Remember, Celeste was praised first and foremost for the "mental health" meme, not for being a good platformer.

>degeneracy
lol fag l

This. The moment consoles became a thing is when gaming stopped being "niche". OP is retarded and a faggot as usual.

You can still experience greatness, just avoid the garbage. This is how I sift through the medium.

>avoid graphically intense games
>avoid casual games
>avoid story heavy games (aka movieshit)
>avoid weeaboo pandering
>avoid anything with waifus
>be wary of anything over 20 dollars
>avoid anything with DLC (unless it's free)

That alone sifts out the movie games like Final Fantasy and Uncharted and Dragon Quest, or the generic military shooters, and you even avoid the iphone-tier games like Fate: Grand Order and Animal Crossing, so you're guaranteed a better experience.

Attached: can't have a bad story if you don't have a story period gottem.jpg (271x377, 32.95K)

Roguelikes (real ones, not roguelite bullshit on steam) are literally this. I'm making one right now.

Terraria is trash Doug. The gameplay is shit.

Games without stories are largely shit, I don't play anything without an intended ending, I'm not going to pace myself around the dev's copout

Qud has literal trannies in it.

who the fuck is doug

>Oh great, now even sonic can be tagged as LGBTShit!!!! Oy vay!!!

you know i was shitting on some guy for saying ac was a mobile game before nh released but they really did turn it into a mobile game

He is ACfag AKA Doug Harris.

Games are the worst medium for storytelling there is that isn't static. A game that focuses on the story is like a book that focuses on the visuals.

>haven and hearth

haha fuck off it's run by two retards who want their game to fail

>Google first on list
>Literal Dwarf Fortress ripoff
Opinion disregarded

I feel ya OP that's why i choose my games carefully and don't buy shit that's popular

You don't need to focus on a story to have a story of any kind, there is nuance between the extremes, and both extremes are equally bad

>niche hobby
>all those mainstream games
You are the cancer that brought us to this point

which npc's are trannies?

That you can do whatever the hell you want to do with them since it's a post apocalyptic roguelike sandbox rpg

Attached: 1586179252501.jpg (385x383, 19.49K)

by their very nature of interactivity, games open up a new dimension for storytelling

There's not a single niche game on that image.

Video games were mainstream since the arcades in 1975.

Where did this niche shit come from? Each year they slowly became the most profitable entertainment medium in human history.

And yes there are still fun games being made. Can't wait for Y's Celceta remaster.

Attached: 569656437464.jpg (1440x1440, 909.51K)

>a book that focuses on the visuals
You realize that's a thing that exists, right? Like games that focus on the story? The latter isn't a terrible idea. Books or movies aren't interactive.

Video games were normie as fuck since atari, dumb zoomer posers.

>wants the niche indie experimental experience
All you need to do is buy VR, unironically.

New dimensions that no one has ever took advantage of.

Atari was normie, on account of being super simple. 8-bit and up started filtering people a bit. Go on, make a regular person play something like Heart of Iron.

It's the same shit with people who "hate music today" but only listen to stuff they grew up with along side the radio, popular spotify playlists, or popular stuff on youtube. "GEE I'm on one of the largest platforms in the world I wonder why I largely see generic popular things?!?!?!"

No tactile suit, no buy. Still no holodeck, but close enough.

I very much doubt that. They've spent over a decade working on the game with continual improvements, and theyre still pushing out content. They might not make the best design choices sometimes, but you can't argue that they want Haven to fail. The amount of legitimate care and passion they've put into the game is exactly what this thread is about.
Are all games with ASCII graphics Dwarf Fortress ripoffs?

Except with video games they actually don't make em like they used to.

pretty sure there's a ferw that did.
But the big comapanies try to make movies and book out of their games, so it doesn't work

So you don't take into account that does the game actually have good gameplay?

>I only play mature games for mature gaymers

Okay fellas.

I'm looking for good gameplay by default. But even a decent game isn't worth touching if it's drowned in a mire of cinematic shit and billion dollar graphics (which results in terrible optimization and bloat).

Even something as simple as "Save Princess Peach from Bowser" qualifies as story, games that don't have decency to do even that essentially don't exist in my book

Terraria has bad gameplay, it's the kind of game that only actual autists like you can be amused by for more than a few hours. If you actually cared about gameplay you'd play arcade style games and go for world records or something. Anything but timewasting garbage you poser Canadian retard fuck.

>There are 0 indie games because mr goldstein didn't pay my e-celeb of choice to advertise
And you think of yourself as somehow superior to all the other retards that play vidya casually. unironically kys.

Attached: 8758765432.png (275x355, 113.44K)