How do you game with ADD?

How do you game with ADD?

Attached: adhd2.jpg (2718x1522, 1.13M)

I wanna fug that alien loli

Drugs and alcohol, mostly.

Attached: ay caramba, este maricon.jpg (225x225, 8.65K)

LOTS of weed

I can say with certainty I’ve never been “too much”. I’m quite reserved and a follower.

tl;dr the comic

Most of my family wanted me to get tested for ADHD so they can force me to take meds, thinking that it will make more social and active.
I'm just fucking lazy and hate people. When there's shit I need to do I fucking do it, but it doesn't come up that often.

No idea, pretty sure I'm just a hopeless sperg

Attached: 1585899546682.png (807x872, 501.93K)

most of these bullshit "informative" comic things feel mostly to me like the creator try to make themselves feel better about all these flaws they have. like by explaining it away with ADHD they don't need to feel as bad about having these problems.

as somebody who actually HAS ADHD, and suffered most of these things before. I found that what helped the most was actually putting in genuine effort to get over it. Instead of telling myself to try, I actually TRY. and it works. I can catch myself and then its easy to just act and feel different.
All it takes is getting a grip.

I think this comic is about you.

Yeah dude just pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Are these """people""" even trying?

I don’t like putting in the effort to improve myself.

Not real ADHD symptoms, most if this is shit that everyone deals with and the writer is trying to justify their failings and lack of discipline. Assuredly they had bad parents who didn't make a conscious effort to inculuturate good habits in their children.

i relate to all of these except the boredom part

>How do you game with ADD?
Very rarely, because executive disfunction makes actually getting into the "zone" to do something quite difficult.

Aren't most of these universal feelings experienced by everyone? Why do tumblr retards think they're the only ones who have feelings.

>Not real ADHD symptoms
They literally are
t. someone with serious non-meme ADHD

>everyone with ADHD won't have the attention span to read all of that

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 30.86K)

Normal people don't experience these problems in the same way people with ADHD do. People will ignore important shit because they don't feel like doing them, people with ADHD will "ignore" them because they literally can not get their brain to cooperate with them so they can switch over to work mode

the majority of her comics are about how hard she beats herself up over trivial shit

>need to do 1-2 hours worth of work
>been procrastinating for two weeks
>imagine jumping off bridge to kill myself now
How do you stop procrastination? It's ruining my life.

Attached: 1445801869438.png (645x1260, 440.33K)

I also have ADHD and I certainly try to improve my flaws, but the problem is there are just so many and I can only focus on one at a time and then it all piles up and I fall back into depression.
I've made a lot of progress in the past year (at least it's a lot for me) but it still all seems so difficult.

just wait until you need to do an 8 hour project in one night, and turn it in 2 hours late

doubt.

> how do I know if I have adhd
They probably won't have the patience to read through that fucking chart.

The fuck do you mean? This is pretty common knowledge unless your entire idea of what ADHD is comes from children's cartoons.

ever played games on Adderall? its a completely different experience. especially in my favorite genre which is strategy.

Attached: matrix-code.jpg (1280x720, 200.92K)

I doubt ADHD is even real after reading this.

It's one of the most well document mental disorders, troll harder.

I barely fucking can
I have a massive ass backlog of games I only played for 1-5 hours
I usually get bored and either browse this shithole or draw for a couple of hours. those are the only two things I can do habitually in my free time.

Attached: 1582497534766.gif (352x234, 3.57M)

or maybe it doesn't exist and they're just diagnosing common personality types as mental disorders. unfortunate your parents drugged you to get you in line user.

I wouldn't be complaining about having ADHD if I was actual on meds you fucking retard.
"Not being able to do basic things" is not a personality trait. It's a symptom of something being wrong.

Badly. Or on amphetamines, I suppose.

Attached: turkish huge pipe.jpg (1576x2139, 258.87K)

Based retard, if your family wants you to get tested you should fucking get tested. It means it's impacting the people around you. Maybe you don't have ADHD, but you probably have something.
Also, that's exactly what I thought and I was totally wrong, lol. If you DO have ADHD then your baseline of "normal" is way off, so you can't really compare your experience with normal people's.

Doubtful that people with (((ADHD))) can't do basic things.

literally me
I have three weeks to do an assignment that should take like two days of hard work, and literally nothing else on because of coronachan
I know there's precisely zero chance of me making any significant progress until the final four days regardless.

Fuck I can't believe the jews have gotten into my dopamine too

ADHDnigger here, not being able to do basic things is how you diagnose ADHD.
With correct coping strategies you can do basic things even without meds though. But those coping strategies are hard to stumble upon by yourself, let alone without a diagnosis.

>muh jews
Anyway, this thread is literally filled with people who have ADHD describing how it's difficult for them to do things for leisure, such as play videogames.
Is it hard for you to literally turn on a video game? Not even play it, simply turn it on? Because shit like that is legitimately difficult for many people with ADHD. Switching tasks, no matter how simple, can be incredibly difficult. Your mind literally does not want to cooperate.

damn Yas Forums is pozzed lately. the discord tranny meme is real

(((They))) literally stole my working executive function.

Nobody mentioned trannies you fucking coomer.

Wanna go shave a dog?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17.71K)

based
I'm so glad I got diagnosed, but man, going through my entire childhood without knowing why I couldn't do what everyone wanted me to do really fucked me up
>my dad is Jewish
>also passed on his huge ADHD to me and my bro
The meme is real, (((they))) did this to me.

Attached: literally me.png (2718x1522, 3.28M)

wow you get more done on meth, who knew?

I don't take meth you imbecile

Amphetamines and methamphetamine aren't the same thing, the "meth" part of that word should tip you off.
Besides, is there anything wrong with using medication to bring your brain up to the functionality of a normal human brain? Do you think people should willingly go through life with a handicap? Would you shame someone who can't walk properly for using an elevator? "wow you got upstairs easier on an elevator, who knew?"

lol look at the user with ADHD and he doesnt even know

>Would you shame someone who can't walk properly for using an elevator?
yes

How many of these do you need to get diagnosed with ADHD? I can tick a lot of them - especially the time settings one, forgetting to eat or drink and being unable to retain habits - but I always just considered them personal flaws and not part of any mental illness or something similar.

this

It depends on the severity as well. Hard to really say without personally knowing you.
If it actively interferes with your life and you truly feel like you have no control over it, it's like ADHD or a similar condition.

There is a short TED talk called Inside the mind of a master procrastinator you might like

>You only have two time settings: "Now" and "Not Now"
fuck

Attached: 1580395253228.jpg (723x691, 98.81K)

Is the inability to not replying to bait part of the diagnosis?

>they're just diagnosing common personality types as mental disorders
that doesn't make it not a disorder. all a disorder means is that it impacts your functioning in normal society.
here's one explanation for ADHD: it's the remains of the hunter-gatherer mindset that most people lost during the development of agriculture. it's not helpful to say "oh, that's just a common personality type :)" when we literally run our civilization in the wrong way for these people. if you diagnose it as a disorder, at least you can say "right, so you're not just being a lazy cunt out of malice, you're literally a hunter-gatherer in a society built for agricultural man. we should probably try to accommodate that."

Perhaps, or it could just be a character flaw. I just really like talking.

I was diagnosed with ADD as a kid and they gave me meds for it but I refused to take them. I pretended I did and lied to my parents about it for several months. I improved in school but only so they would stop seeing me as a mental patient that needs meds. I eventually told them and they never trusted doctors as much again.

Fuck these hit me hard. I don't wanna slap the label on myself but I know something is wrong with me, could be ADHD or depression who the fuck knows.
Don't want to get treated though because I'm scared of mind altering chemicals since those can completely change people and not necessarily in a positive way.

Attached: 1520292565093.png (505x512, 524.32K)

>how to know if I have adhd
Why would anyone make something so lengthy if someone is supposed to see if they have adhd?

>being a moron is a medical condition

>tfw diagnosed with ADHD but they won't give me any medication for it, and if you ask too obviously they'll just think you want drugs to sell or to abuse rather than to get even the simplest of tasks done at a reasonable pace.
>tfw even if they did, my country's health system hasn't approved adderall, the one that apparently actually works and doesn't have awful side-effects.

Attached: 1571483939431.jpg (326x326, 16.32K)

Anyone actually prescribed with adderall here? Does that shit actually work?

I'm genuinely curious, what kind of basic things do you struggle with?

Attached: post-op.gif (800x622, 2.6M)

>When there's shit I need to do I fucking do it
doing things only when it's necessary is a symptom of adhd

Even in the US, where people say they over-diagnose apparently, it's pretty fuckin difficult to actually get adderall. I went through an over year long process for testing, which ended up not even working when my psychiatrist dropped me for not showing up (didn't have rides). I was planning on just killing myself instead, but sadly I'm still here and still suffering.

Even when its with spiteful retards?

Guess the meds did help in a backward sort of way then.

Yep, it's a curse.
It genuinely might be related to my ADHD, I love to argue about shit. I just can't help myself. I'd argue about something until the end of time if nobody stopped me.

To anyone who thinks they might have add/adhd the one thing that keeps me focused on things is spite. Proving people wrong that don't believe you're capable of doing things, doing things because you know if you don't do it no one else will.
I was diagnosed with it but I refused to let it define me and no one even knows I have it because I get shit done. I still have problems focusing on things sometimes but my anger keeps me focused. I know it sounds edgy as fuck but it worked for me.
Just don't expect to have a lot of friends.