Talk about teh Wii

Talk about teh Wii

Attached: tehweii.png (349x308, 87.06K)

more like wiid lmao

>VR tier gimmick that went nowhere
Nintendies will defend this

Honestly the motion wasn't bad for certain games like rail shooters

LOOKS LIKE A DILDO!

Is the Gamecube version of Need For Speed Underground just shit or is it a Wii thing? Its hardware based backward compatibility right?

Now that the dust has settled can we agree that teh Wii was k-Inaba-d

last night i inaba'd your sister

and I onion Marisa'd yours

Playing Eternal Darkness right now in 480p widescreen. Feels good man.

It's pronounced "Tei."

Attached: 1497817815610.jpg (595x841, 69.58K)

Teh ee

teh rei

Shit, my nigga. That game has no right to look that good in progressive mode

Why is she such a slut

Ted

Attached: 1585807937093.jpg (800x1102, 256.01K)

It's a top tier emulation box

Attached: 20200405_140642.jpg (4032x1960, 2.81M)

Fuck you janny for deleting my post about how I want to fuck tewi you god damn nigger.

RIP

Attached: __inaba_tewi_touhou_drawn_by_koissa__5dff2d4ed314b026fbc5e631521beb7b.jpg (2480x3113, 2.31M)

Yes, hardware based.

trying to find a really old project that lets you use xinput bluetooth controllers as wii pro and gamecube controllers. mainly because i want to use my sn30pro+ with my wii. ive had success using it wired but i really want to use it wirelessly and i dont wanna buy the dongle.

I liked Red Steel 2

I occasionally play Project M on it. Every other Wii and GC game I prefer to use my Wii U.

Wii U is better for emulation, since it lets you play Wii and GCN games in HD widescreen

I've been playing Rodea. A very cool, unique game from Yuji Naka with a really retarded development story that killed the entire dev studio.

Attached: rodeawiibox.png (350x500, 334.16K)

Yes, it was pretty good, while the Wii U version was terrible

amazing console, hacked mine and i play all nintendo games since nes till wiii on it.

Really loved that game, final boss on the Wii version was some bullshit though

tewi

Wii was okay

Wii is the best for hooking up to a crt/doing 240p

so many bunnyposters...

Attached: 1585787800206.jpg (240x179, 28.99K)

someone

It's just upscaled from 480p.

It's only good if you're poor and don't have a better way of outputting 240p.

they

still can't find a goddamn wii anywhere it's been 14 years :-(

just hooked mine back up today. played through a couple hours of Red Steel 2 for the first time.
so far it's fucking great, though it definitely oversells how well it uses motion controls.

What should I do with my spare Wii? It's just laying around and I know it's not worth enough to sell.

First time I've audibly laughed on Yas Forums in a long time

softmod it

I did it when I bought it.

>playing Xenoblade Chronicles
>that graphical mess
at least it's fun

Attached: 1538965374089.jpg (1152x1112, 511.77K)

If you have a CRT TV, you can download some hacked input drivers to use more controllers with it, set the emulators to output "original" and have a native resolution retro gaming machine.

>you can download some hacked input drivers to use more controllers with it
Could you tell me more about this?

Turns out I was straight up wrong lmao sorry

On the WiiU you can download an app to use any controller as a classic controller, but on the Wii some emulators support wired ps3 controllers and that's it, it's hit or miss.

Ah, I have a hacked Wii U so I'm aware of that program.

>can't output 240p
>shoddy upscaler that doesn't look any better than a TV's upscaler
>doesn't have native GC ports, adapter doesn't work with GBA link cable
>relentlessly jacked off by simpletons that don't know how to use PC emulators because muh gamepad and muh shitty wii u emulators
just buy a wii

>>can't output 240p
If you care this much about perfection you won't be emulating on a Wii that can't even emulate PS1 games properly.
>adapter doesn't work with GBA link cable
What a niche thing to complain about. If you cared that much about GBA stuff you'd have a Gamecube so you can use Game Boy Interface.

>if you care this much about perfection
i care about using a CRT, that doesn't make me a perfectionist.
>If you cared that much about GBA stuff you'd have a Gamecube so you can use Game Boy Interface.
i connect it to my wii for GBA to gamecube features, can't do that with a wii u bitch nigga.

If you care about using a CRT you care about having an emulator which runs at full speed lmao. Wii is only good at emulating 16 bit consoles.
GBA to gamecube features are cool and all but you have to admit that most people don't need stuff like that. The Wii is still missing some of these niche features that the Gamecube had and you don't bitch about that.

>digital video output
moddable into a wii if you have the budget
>broadband and modem adapters
emulatable with homebrew
>game boy player
this is the only one that matters and is perhaps worth using a gamecube for, though you'll have to pay out the ass for good video output and i respect not bothering

Can't stream games through the BBA on a Wii c:

I liked the Wii. The pointer controls in the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 1 & 2 were fantastic. It gave you mouse-level precision while retaining analog movement with the nunchuk. It's a shame that few games actually utilised that control scheme and a lot of games either just used waggle gimmicks or ignored it entirely.

>though you'll have to pay out the ass for good video output
wtf are you talking about just use an RGB SCART cable it's easy as fuck

i consider methods with lower read speed than a disc to be worthless garbage, though i was intrigued to hear this is how most games are tested with swiss.
die palfag (not because of SCART in general, but because only PAL gamecubes can use it)

I prefer Seiga, sorry

Attached: 1582509910323.webm (1280x720, 563.34K)

>only PAL gamecubes can use it
That's interesting. I have an NTSC-J Wii which was region changed to NTSC-U and it can still use SCART cables, as long as you're in PAL or PAL60 video modes.

DOKI DOKI WAKU WAKU

Attached: chad music.jpg (680x817, 33.71K)

reportedly the analog output on PAL gamecubes only does composite and RGB, while NTSC gamecubes only do composite and s-video, and it's a hardware limitation.