What happened to this aesthetic?

What happened to this aesthetic?

Attached: Akira Half Life.jpg (1050x1218, 745.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Wi0ee65Yc&feature=emb_title
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_inventions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is that a real panel from the manga? i wouldnt be that suprised if they copied a single panel from akira but it would be pretty cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Wi0ee65Yc&feature=emb_title
Yes it is real

>Akira invented science laboratories

it's got the same secret platform though you retardo

Why would you have a diagonal elevator?

There are reasons why Half-Life 2 sucks, and you are beginning to understand why.

>Akira invented secret platforms

In real life though are used when the gradient already exists, e.g. a mountain side. In shitty anime they are used in nonsensical places because look cool.

>literally steal fucking everything
>""""references""""
Valve is truly a cancer of pc gaming.

DOOM 2016 has one that goes up. DOOM 2016 is a fucking Half Life spin off.

god what were they thinking

>akira invented elevators

(((Americans))) can’t invent anything themselves. So they steal from other cultures, and not even the good ones(e.g. Italian, Japanese, English)

Ever heard of an escalator?

They invented the Burritos and Nachos, and as a mexican, I love Burritos and Nachos.

Escalators are not elevators in any sense.

nobody ever mentions how the story of the first half life is a carbon copy of the story of Doom.

Texans invented those

Aren't texans americans?

No

>thinks he's in the timeline where the Republic Of Texas exists
Sorry, you're not

I always assumed for transporting really heavy shit where going straight up would be risky. But I don't know that much about engineering or physics to know if that makes sense.

Brainlet STEM major here, I think you are right because of tangential forces, which lessens the load. Again, I barely paid attention in Physics so I can’t say with certainty

How so?

Well, it did for a short time before it became petitioned to become a state.

>allusions = stealing
you're fucking retarded. they were inspired by 5 frames of a comic book for architecture. You think the people who made Akira pulled everything out of their imagination anyway? KILL YOURSELF

Boomers experienced the most amazing and rapid technological growth in human history which is why a lot of the artistic depictions of the future were much grander than what we got. I mean these fuckers were going to the moon by the 60s they realistically thought we would be on mars in only a few decades later.

It's why Cyberpunk flourished and depicted a future of such immense architectural scale compared to nowadays where things are much more grounded and the future is depicted with less imagination.

Attached: jay niggers.jpg (478x756, 86.99K)

>Being so autistic you care about what angle an elevator is at

God help you

Woah pal! I can’t speak for OP, but I think his post was a joke. Easy there

NOOOOOO!!! YOURE NOT ALLOWERD TO LIEK BERON AND BLOOLM!!!11!

Attached: 1555738451076.png (955x1024, 89.8K)

Obviously a situation where you can't dig straight down from the surface for some reason so it's more cost effective to make a diagonal shaft or maybe once you're underground there's something there that isn't cost effective to dig through so you just go around.

ONE RENDITION
I DON'T KNOW WHY
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY
TO PICK SOME ART UP...

but japan has never invented anything

Once Corona wipes Earth’s slate clean, then humanity can rebuild on the ashes of civilization. A new golden age comparable to the Renaissance. Rapid technological and cultural advancement that will thrust humanity out of our cradle, and indeed to the stars and beyond. I hope you are ready for what lies ahead friend. Choppy waters will lead to fair winds and clear skies. A hopeful future is in front of us, friend.

people predict golden ages around the corner as often as they do our total doomsday and neither ever fucking happen

this

It's more a funicular

>As if I really think Coronachan’s rampage will lead to interstellar flight

The future is 1/3 of the planet being niggers and 1/3 poos in a one world government, QE infinity and permanent negative interest rates, ban on a wide range of 'negative' emotions and 1.5% home ownership rate. No doomsday, no revolt, things just becoming uninteresting or dangerous irl so everyone lives in quarantine playing VR games.
Real time gay tracing will actually be good though.

>they realistically thought we would be on mars in only a few decades later.
That's wrong though, they "really" thought it would be possible, but realistically it was impossible.

Is it true that there are actual idiots that read Akira in color?

>land where everyone on earth came to live
>is surprised about multiculturalism there

Attached: 1444665910090.gif (342x239, 980.88K)

cute doge

>teleport experiment in remote laboratory complex
>opens a gate to another dimension
>invasion, all hell breaks loose
>military is sent in to contain the situation
>main character fights the aliens and evil soldiers
>goes to the other dimension and kills the big brained guy
Only difference is that you are one of the scientists instead of the military guys

This is true. But DOOM also borrowed heavily from Alien. No idea is wholly original

Doom came out 20 years after Half Life so who's copying who, huh?

coronachan is gonna delete all poos. 1 billion people in such close quarters with zero sanitation is gonna be an inferno

I FUCKING HATE Yas Forums SO MUCH

IT'S IN EDF 5

LITERALLY THE FIRST MISSION

Yas Forums USED TO PLAY EDF

IT WAS SO NOTABLE IN THE FIRST MISSION OF EDF 5

SOMEONE HAD TO HAVE MENTIONED IT

BUT NONE OF YOU FAGGOTS DID

STUPID RETARD MOTHER FUCKERS !!

EDF 5 IS A RECENT GAME TOO

A RECENT GAME YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE PLAYED

>DOOMguy is parallel universe Adrain Sheppard

Attached: 1434425037978.png (566x516, 101.07K)

You don't know that it wasn't "realistically" possible. Maybe humanity just dropped the ball too much. We've certainly suffered enough setbacks.

technological innovation is higher today than it was 50 years ago

>You don't know
Actually I do, and I had a teacher in college that always ranted about this, he was always mad when people said shit like that, that we were stagnating, he was already old back then so he experienced all the tech advances first hand, we've made so many advances that were never even thought possible, only in science fiction.

They "realistically" thought computers would never advance enough to fit in your hand, depending on who you asked, they refused to believe transistor research would advance so much that we would have millions on a chip the size of a coin.

We haven't reached Mars because there's many factors that won't allow us to live there, but that's due to the human fragility, we can send someone there and let him die slowly.

It's MGS1 too zoomer

take your meds schizo
or better kys fucking retard

There are many sectors which humanity could simultaneously improve in, and computers advancing in miniaturization does not prove we could not also have developed many more technologies in parallel. This isn't a 4x game where you dedicate to a singular research tree. Also the fact remains that there are massive gaps between discovery and consumer production of said discoveries on a massive scale, because mass production is risky. Humanity is not developing and rolling out technology at the highest possible rate, I fucking promise you.

Not true we are stagnating hard

user, we are talking about sending a man to mars, stop bringing other shit to the topic, we have also advanced in rocket propulsion, fuel usage optimization, you just want to be right, but you aren't.

Maybe tech illiterate people thought we could, but scientists knew for sure that it was a pipe dream.

EDF is full of wacky stuff so no matter what happens there it's not as noticeable

Depends on the sector really.
Things like transportation, logistics, machine-tools, mining, etc have indeed been relatively stagnant. Most of the recent advances come from electronics and the use of the resulting computational powers. Even that could be said to go slower now. But there are many niches still growing fast.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_inventions

Attached: 1556753755708.jpg (1039x1050, 356.56K)

And even those have been greatly improved by electronic advancements.

>the american sue everyone moneygrabbing mindset
hmmmm

>and not even the good ones(e.g. Italian, Japanese, English)
What are the good ones?

tech is not the issue, and not what the user was talking about.
it's about massive projects that create absurd feats of engineering.
that part was huge in the past and has faded away.

Go to bed, Chang.

>cigarette
I refuse to believe that

>having a handheld device that can stream/play ultra HD movies, music, games, with face recognition, biometrics, position tracking, wireless communications, and way more things is not an absurd feat of engineering

Yes, I agree, what I meant is that most of the recent advances are electronics and its consequences leaking into other areas. Engineering entirely outside that domain has been going at a slower pace in the last fifty years than in the two centuries before. Slower pace doesn't mean complete stagnation though, and we can't brush aside the leaps made from having all that computing power. However it is a real issue coming forward that the early period of fast growth of electronics is coming to an end and there isn't any leading sector in sight to drive the whole technological system ahead at a fast pace.

Tobacco was a new world crop. Europe never had tobacco and tomatoes too before discovering America.