Alright, time for an underage test. Name your first online game

Alright, time for an underage test. Name your first online game.

Attached: 220px-Unrealtournament.jpg (220x268, 26.82K)

i dabbled in quake as a kid but im afraid to say it wasnt until Halo 2 that i found my stomping grounds

probably tibia,but ut99 is my most played game of all time

Unreal Tournament 2003

I'm 31

Probably Half life deathmatch in a lan cafe

It was also the first PC game I owned. I didn't get my first computer and the internet until kind of late.

Attached: starsiegetribes.jpg (1015x730, 272.93K)

This, but +1

Literally that one.
I was 4, at the time.

CS and HL1.

Attached: splatterball.jpg (640x480, 76K)

Runescape Classic

Team Fortress or Counter Strike. Its been that long I don't remember.

No clue desu maybe a PS3 Game? I built a PC around 2009 so maybe Battlefield 3? I was 9 when I built it but I still just played PS3 since I had more games and didint know about piracy. Might be Battlefield 1942 since I played it on my dads PC.

the randy pitchford version

Attached: Halobox.jpg (250x324, 17.19K)

Yeah rune scape. Parents internet was trash so online gaming wasn't much of an option even though we had unreal tournament. Bot mode was fun though

CS, probably

Either Halo 2 or Runescape

Attached: quake14.png (640x480, 276.06K)

Legends of Terris on AOL

maple story

Attached: unnamed.jpg (397x240, 39.66K)

Most likely ut 99 or some version of counter strike, but I honestly don't remember. I'm born in 89

Me (in Chicago) and my cousin (in Indianapolis) used to play modem-to-modem. Took a lot of coordination to have the phone lines to ourselves for a few minutes.

Attached: dickkickem.jpg (284x177, 15.65K)

CS1.6 is as far-back as I can recall.

Also had Doom but never got to try online.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - 24 years old

Attached: wolfenstein12.jpg (640x480, 59.1K)

For me, it was Diablo.

Attached: butcher.jpg (640x480, 184.32K)

DOOM over a direct modem connection. The first game I played over the internet was probably Diablo 1.

PS2's online sucked, though, I mostly played singleplayer and splitscreen.

Attached: 32475423446345.jpg (480x360, 51.2K)

1997: Star Wars Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2
DM against random gamers around the world (mostly U.S.) was one of the most rememberable times that I've had when I got my first PC with ISDN and lost my online gaming virginity.

Attached: JediKnight-cover.jpg (279x356, 20.21K)

Probably WC3 or CS at a cybercafe

I was also heavily into Half-Life modding scene (made a lot of content for Day of Defeat). I played first version of Counter-Strike ever released.

Shit was wild back then. Interesting features:
1. Ghosts used to be able to talk to players still alive.
2. Ghosts used to be able to hit buttons and open doors
3. Guns did not de-spawn after the round was finished. People would chain run weapons back to spawn (i.e. keep throwing AWPs in front of them so the whole team could pick one up when round started)

MU online

Maybe not the first, but definitely the most memorable.
Still play it sometimes

Attached: WarcraftIII.jpg (256x364, 62.35K)

Probably Total Annihilation or Jedi Knight

Quake was the first online game I played. I don't think we had internet when I played Doom, or I was too young to know or care about multiplayer. I'd have to ask my older brother or dad since they were the ones actually buying the vidya.

quake 3 followed by enemy territory

I'm 35 but only got a pc when I was around 14, so probably Ragnarok

CS 1.6

CS 1.6 (or maybe prior to 1.6, I can't remember)

I didn't have good internet growing up.

Yes, because literally everyone had a computer with a good enough processor or 3D accelerator on top of a viable internet connection in the 90s and were all into online multiplayer games.

My mom started fucking her sisters friend and he said "this computer needs some real games" so he got me Diablo 2. I remember it was $60 at the time.

They are still married. Hes alright.

Real gamers did at least.

starcraft

starcraft

Before it was called Old school

Attached: runescape_oldschool.jpg (700x405, 70.92K)

Attached: subspace.jpg (533x640, 97.46K)

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Operation Flashpoint

Lived in the country and was poor so we didn't get fast enough internet for gaming I was interested in until Battlefield 2.
Before that it was downloading custom maps for Unreal Tournament to play with bots and planning my weekends around using download managers to try and get the maps piecemeal while sharing the one shitty walmart computer we had with my family.

Unironically UT. I still remember my dad yelling at me to get off the fucking phone. God damn 56k.

Gemstone 3

Warcraft 2 modem to modem with my friend. I don't remember what my first real online game was. Might have been Diablo 2, or Tribes. I also played this crappy little MMO called Nexus or something like that, but I'm pretty sure that was way later.

Attached: Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness.jpg (600x759, 444.03K)

my nigga

Probably Total Annihilation on MSN Gaming Zone or whatever it was called back then.

Attached: 356841-total-annihilation-windows-manual.jpg (800x1095, 202.79K)

WON (pre-Steam) Half-Life and its mods.

Diablo 1 or worms 2. Can't remember

Tribes 2 and Jedi knight outcast. Don't remember which I started playing first but I started playing both in the same year 2002. I miss my mates from vO formerly [i.e] was good times.

Literally a text MUD. Do I win something?

Runescape, in 2005 or something.
I'm 24.

Diablo 2 for me.
>tfw I was so clueless I actually put points in mana

This game port on the PS2, and I was very young probably, I think they gifted it to my dad. It absolutely captivated me, and Xan Kriegor became one of my favourite characters ever. Unfortunately it was not online, thought it was worth sharing anyway.

It was some shitty Pokemon MMO thing. Had dial-up internet, couldn't load a thing. I'm sure it sucked.