Why is this considered the best persona game? i dont see it

why is this considered the best persona game? i dont see it

Attached: 61KYk5Ty8XL._SX385_.jpg (385x328, 32.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vlgcAQr4mDw&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZcQ93GMOM&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=HWmv0_5GW_4&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=37
youtube.com/watch?v=Szk8prRMZfA&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=58
youtube.com/watch?v=1z-u5gpkzRo&list=PL9C6B944DED88D881&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=sE0L0QetRlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cjbk2Xd1vYo
youtube.com/watch?v=3jriYcQzOto
youtube.com/watch?v=y65oKsRJth8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkXBp4loSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's entirely plotfags who ignore that the game is almost as tedious to play through as P3.

Literally no one says that, unless they're purposely being contrarian or haven't played it. Easily the worst, and the localization is awful

More tedious than P3 and P4 combined.
Shitty graphics and music.
I'm cumming.

Best story

>wondering why a contrarian opinion is popular here
uhhh

>as tedious to play through as P3.
Nothing is that tedious

Those heart tits are a statement, and one that I don't like.

Just contrarianism. P1 and p2 are literal unplayable garbage with shit plots

Is it really more tedious than P3? I might play it if it's on par but anymore tedious than P3 and it will be unenjoyable

Attached: 1389923864603.png (722x768, 303.85K)

Well, P2 at least doesn't literally play itself, so it has that going for it, and you can still swap the Personas of all your party members, thankfully. The Persona creation out of the tarot cards was nice. But damn, every dungeon is just a horrible, boring ass linear corridor with sky high encounter rates.

2deep4u retards who talk about how this is the game that lead to the parallel world where all the other Persona games are supposed to take place

Random encounters out the fucking ass: the game. story is pretty good tho

Story, music, and characters are good. Rest is either mediocre or bad.
It is better than 5 at least

The story. If it was remade today with P5 gameplay and and better graphics would be GOAT jrpg

I don't think many people say that but as someone who considers it their favorite I'll bite. P2 has a great story and characters. Lots of optional character dialog that easily dwarfs the social link system in new games. The combat is very fast paced for being a PS1 jrpg. The only (admittedly large) problem with it is ultimately that it is a dungeon crawler with boring dungeons. It should have been a first person game but the PS1 was all about experimentation.

Best Music
Adults doing adult things, not teenage idiots with bedtimes
actual gameplay choices outside of spam weaknesses
timeless charming sprite work, not dime a dozen, substandard 3D anime that's aged like milk, even P5R looks like it was made of PS2
Actual threatening villains not childish, fetishistic personifications of immorality

people like P3-5 because it let's them live out their weeb fantasies of being a Japanese school kid in a anime, people love P2 because it's a all time great JRPG.

its not

acceptable answers are:

if...

1 with the original music

P3P

P5R definitely feels like it has the lowest gameplay to cutscene ratio in the entire series. Combat hasn't changed enough since nocturne to not be good, but Atlus has lost sight of the important part of 'going on an adventure with your high school buddies' is the ADVENTURE part. P4 is similar where its best to just do the dungeons in 1 day so sometimes it feels like you have HUGE breaks, but the IRL story parts just feels so much less repetitive than P5's and I'm damn sure that they're just generally shorter as well.

This. Characters and story are good and it has no social links or waifu faggotry

Nope.
Let's get this straight, right here and now.
P1 < P2 < P3 < P4 < P5
All SMT games are better than all Persona games for the exception of 5.
Overall, Atlus' works are
1. Strange Journey
2. Persona 5
3. Devil Survivor Overclocked
4. Radiant Historia
5. Nocturne
I invite any and all detractors to tell me why I'm wrong, I will destroy your flawed logic.

I mean, it's the same in P1, but that game is actually fun to play. Yet everyone always looks at me funny when I say it's the best.

the problem is that as it progressed from 3-4-5 the gameplay receives comparatively so much less attention in terms of pacing that by P5 every line of dialogue feels like nothing more than a brick wall of text extracting A presses until the player has done it enough times to reach the combat sections and make actual choices again outside of prep.

Persona 5 is garbage.
you have no power here shitposter

It keeps the SMT flavor without the dating sim bullshit.

Did you play innocent sin before eternal punishment?

The raging contrarianism which typifies SMTfags.

>shitposter
I can clearly see you are one, what with your lack of argument. Every Persona game has gotten successively better because the gameplay is improved upon each game, which is ultimately what matters most. In terms of story, this is just a subjective opinion depending on what themes you like best, personally I think 4's are the most universally appealing to people of all ages, but regardless they are all written with the same level of aptitude.
In terms of character, 2 does have the most interesting cast overall, EP 2 that is, but Junpei is the best written character in the series. None of the other casts are horrible and there is no big discrepancy in quality.

>P1
>dungeon crawler with shit dungeons
>combat that's just as mindless but takes 3x as long
>fun to play
PFFFFTHAHAHAHAno.

Also, Persona 1 has no characters. Random NPCs in P2 get more character development than 90% of the cast of P1 (the 10% being Nanjo).

but black mark tho

lol persona 5 has braindead gameplay even compared to 4

It is only considered the best Persona by oldfags who hate Persona. Even 1 is better than that mess.

Maya

Attached: maya.png (827x455, 210.06K)

it's better than both P2's, but the only version with good music boringly slow forcing a lot of autobattle & the only version with fast combat has actually earrape music. Great fun to run around town killing demons though. real fucking shame about the psp version

youtube.com/watch?v=vlgcAQr4mDw&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=14

youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZcQ93GMOM&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=25

youtube.com/watch?v=HWmv0_5GW_4&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=37

youtube.com/watch?v=Szk8prRMZfA&list=PLIwBhkAHYvTvpuPl_-A2xwErWs-8WBAb8&index=58

what the fuck shoji

youtube.com/watch?v=1z-u5gpkzRo&list=PL9C6B944DED88D881&index=15

They cut an 84 track soundtrack to 31 TRACKS. It's not even possible to add all the tracks back into the psp version, because scenes that used to call different music now call the same file

5's gameplay is light-years beyond 4's. Is there anything more pathetic than the NEW THING BAD, OLD THING GOOD mindset which pervades this board thanks to people desperate to establish themselves as "against" what's currently popular?

>dungeon crawler with shit dungeons
cope. All the "dungeons" in the series between 1 and 5 are just areas where you fight shit and don't interact with the environment at all. Any level design at all is better than no level design.

>combat that's just as mindless but takes 3x as long
Your own fault for not playing the PSP version.

>Also, Persona 1 has no characters
Literally whole route of the game is completely centered on the character of Maki, and then the SQQ is about the masters of each tower. You're bitching at the story for having an actual plot and focus as opposed to being an episodic cartoon that serves as nothing more than a backdrop for you to learn about some teenagers who ultimately do not matter to the actual story

>Kaneko art
>a superior story
>good characters for a persona game
Only the gameplay is shit.

Kaneko's art never did that much for me, frankly.

Too much wrong here to even start arguing.

never even died in 5 on hard. what is the point of "good" gameplay if it is braindead easy

youtube.com/watch?v=sE0L0QetRlQ

based

Devil Survivor has better characters, gameplay and story than Persona 5. It should be higher.

it had Ulala.

Attached: 39506.jpg (800x600, 30.59K)

Take that comment about the music back, the PSP version has some good tracks even if the original is better overall.
youtube.com/watch?v=cjbk2Xd1vYo
youtube.com/watch?v=3jriYcQzOto
youtube.com/watch?v=y65oKsRJth8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkXBp4loSY

Kaneko art is kino.

Attached: 1584853512146.jpg (2128x3124, 2.05M)

More like you can't, which is why you didn't.
Make a case for it. I love them both, but 5 edges it out for me because I clicked with it more.
What a stupid fucking faggot you are.
>didn't die once like in p4, therefore shit game! huh, the game is fun? I don't care, I didn't die
Why would you play Persona if you're seeking a challenge? Play SMT. And if you're that fucking good, I'm sure you've done level 1 runs on both hard and merciless, right?

Etrian odyssey > all

u mad? If the gameplay is braindead it is a shit game. P4 actually had some challenge to it though so tough shit

Why would I get mad at an idiot like you? I just pity that you will live and die like a benighted monkey.

>All the "dungeons" in the series between 1 and 5 are just areas where you fight shit
...so you never played P2 nor P5, gotcha. Go play them before you embarass yourself further by comparing P1's literal empty mazes with the P2's burning museum or Aoba Park.

>Your own fault for not playing the PSP version.
I've played both the original PSX version back in an actual PSX and emulated PSP you dumb negroid. PSX sucks just as bad due to no Exp sharing, which grinds battles to a halt as you have to slowly drag the sorry ass of all those party members with crap range that can't hit shit just so that they don't lag behind too much.

>Literally whole route of the game is completely centered on the character of Maki
And Maki sucks. She's a flat board of a character until the very and and her other personalities have to move the plot by actually doing stuff so that shit can happen because she's just THAT useless.

>then the SQQ is about the masters of each tower
Are you really defending the story of a game by mentioning a 10-hour long slog of a fetchquest?

Attached: neverever.jpg (228x221, 11.16K)

Both Persona 2s are considered the best in the series mainly because of their stories, compare them to any of the nupersona games as a whole and the duology's is vastly superior. 3-5 have their moments but are filled with a lot of dumb shit, 5 especially and the structure and immersion falls apart whenever you finish a dungeon in one day, also having the characters' development be locked to optional side events doesn't help.

I agree that the gameplay is super boring but the characters are the best in the series and they're stuck in a boring game unfortunately

>so you never played P2 nor P5
I never played EP, but I've played the rest. They're hallways that are a vehicle for random encounters. P1 at least has the decency to have traps and gimmick environments like the SQQ towers. There is absolutely nothing like this in P2-4 unless EP pulled a fast one on me.

>so that they don't lag behind too much.
Your own autism is not one of the game's flaws.

>And Maki sucks
Nice shifting the goalposts faggot

>She's a flat board of a character until the very and and her other personalities have to move the plot by actually doing stuff
You don't even fucking meet her real self until the end of the game. I'm starting to doubt you've actually played this game.

>a 10-hour long slog of a fetchquest
shifting goalposts again I see. Just fucking stop if you can't actually argue.

Disagree there is a lot dumb shit happening in 4 and 5, and while I do agree with your point that character development shouldn't be locked behind S. Link progression since they are big time sinks, I think 5 highly incentivizes people to do Confidant shit because it is the one game that mixes the social sim shit with the gameplay the most. Before, if you did S. Links it was mostly for the story of the character, or for a specific Persona. I like how 5 introduces tangible rewards aside from Persona stuff, but you are ultimately right. Character development should happen throughout the story, the MC should not have a big focus on the characters if he is a self-insert. Party member S.Links should expand upon the character already presented in the story, and give you little tidbits to appreciate more of them, but their arcs should be resolved in the plot.

Is there an English patch for the original version of P1 yet?

Why do you keep making this thread, P2fag?

I'm not purposely contrarian and I think it's the best one, well two technically. What now faggot? Can't say literally no one when someone comes and says it.

>Junpei is the best written character in the series. None of the other casts are horrible and there is no big discrepancy in quality.
Christ...

Story is great but gameplay is ass

please answer me I don't want to play one of the pozzed versions

Why is there so much anger in Atlus threads?

Attached: catherine01.png (1037x646, 312.77K)

They hated him because he spoke the truth