Game gets a remake

>game gets a remake

Attached: 1562675991407.png (494x719, 718.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx1N_DP0hDi1rCnX799VEFUKPgzVP5zs
ygoprodeck.com/tag/otk/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is this?

someone explain

new yugioh format

Looked up rush duel
>Both players can Normal Summon as many monsters as possible during a single turn, though the Tribute rules for Level 5 and higher monsters still apply.
>Like Speed Duels, the player has three Monster Zones and three Spell & Trap Zones available.
It's a step in the right direction

>speed duel
>rush duel
Isn't that game at the point where even in the normal format, you play solitaire for 1 turn and you win?

I wish yugioh gets a full rework that brings back everything to a simple and down to earth TCG.

Shit is too much right now there is all those super broken individual cards and super broken archetypes and ridiculous shit like pendulums and links and synchro and tuners and all that fucking crap that turn s the game into a OTK shitfest where each turn last a million years worth of chained effects summoning a million boss monsters out of the fucking blue and where the graveyard is basically a second deck and out of play isn't really out of play at all, fucking make it stop.

looks absolutely and unironically soulless

>they need to shit on OG so hard they remake the cards in a shitty new format

good god.

Attached: 18439234324.jpg (2100x1718, 2.17M)

Opinions, it looks cool

I say we just flip the coin, whoever goes first wins. That's what ends up happening. Got see who can flip their decks upside-down the fastest too

Exept for the stars, the new card design is awesome.

just errata the entire broken card post 5Ds

>Opinions
No. No you fucking RETARDED zoomer.

Not opinions.

FACTS.

And the FACT is it looks like shit, soulless. Nothing like the original.

retard
have you even played the game past 2005

>candy shota

>Zoomer
Bro I've been collecting since the only cards that existed were the Yugi and Kaiba starter decks

Here's the raw if anyone's curious

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx1N_DP0hDi1rCnX799VEFUKPgzVP5zs

This is pretty much the TCG and OCG right now. OTK decks are abundant and even though they ban cards, new shit appears and people try to go for OTK or second turn.

If nothing else having attack and defense points be more prominent is a good choice. Their current placement felt like a placeholder that somehow made final the final release since day 1.

speed duel is the same as regular yu-gi-oh except with 3 monster and 3 spell/trap zones

And skills.
It's basically duel links but with the added jewery of physical cards.

REEEEE WHY DOESN'T MY SET ONE MONSTER AND TRAP CARD STRAT WORK ANYMORE! MY SOULFILLED DECK FROM 2006 SHOULDN'T LOSE TO SUPERHEAVY SAMURAI WHICH I ASSUME IS META BECAUSE IT BEAT ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
AND THE BANLIST IS BULLSHIT IF I PAID MONEY FOR THESE CARDS I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO USE THEM REEEEEEEE KONAMI HIRE ME I KNOW HOW TO DESIGN A CARD GAME BETTER THAN THEM AND HIRE ME INTENDO I MAKE ZELDA IN HD AND BLOOM REMAKE OOT IN UNREAL

Attached: EPfolgIXkAUy9Ho.jpg (1920x1080, 432.46K)

>retard
Like you for playing a broken card game.

is duel links worth playing

Last yugioh game I played was Tag force 5 and those white cards and archetypes were disgustingly overpowered, right now there is a ton more of that crap and some other black cards and blue cards and multicolor cards and a ton of other broken looking shit with a wall of text as effects so I simply won't play the newer games because I know that if I don't run that broken ass clusterfuck shit myself I will get fucked over.

A simple zombie deck won't cut it if I don't use all the newer and flashier shit, I just know.

Used to be, ironically 5d's killed it, but not for the reasons you'd probably think. They did a bunch of greedy tactics that actually ruined the 5ds release and caused a downward sprial/ Synchros are fine in it

Yes and no. You can get a lot of stuff for free and play for fun, the story is easy as fuck, but if you want to remain on the current pvp meta then you will eventually need to pay for shit like sphere kuribo or grind for months to get it.

Yugiboomers running rampant as of late.

I'd agree with this but only because I remember when I had cards like Feral Imp and how the old color of the cards gave it a distinct feel. Didnt the lore designate them as like egyptian monsters and shit mostly? Why the fuck do we need this remixed Fruit-eyes LGBT Dragon? These look like pokemon cards, sure maybe for new syncros I could see them doing this but why for old ass cards?

It's quite frustrating. I like seeing what new gameplay elements can be offered with new cards and design decisions, myself. I didn't care for Pendulum's, and I think Links were too much of the focus (needing them if you want more than one extra monster is gay, even if they are fine for plays regardless) but I still like seeing new stuff.

>it looks cool
>WOW LOOK AT THAT RAINBOW COLORING IT'S JUST LIKE ALL THE LEDS I HAVE SET UP IN MY ROOM AAAAHHH

Didn't the new show start today?

How was it?

I don't mind new card types, espeically when they make them for older decks. Like Spell counters actually being a viable strat now thanks to pendulums

Don't worry user, these new cards are for a new format separate from the usual game.

You can keep playing and never pay attention to them.

Alright/Can be good and fun

I don't feel like reading an essay for each new card that comes out.

It was pretty alright for the first episode, could be interesting depending in how they handle it.

Also the duel between Yuga and hologram guy went like this:
>Yuga Normal Summons Dark Sorcerer (DARK), Magical Beast Wolfram (FIRE) and Spell Archer (WIND). Sets 2 cards.
>Hologram Man Normal Summons Lesser Dragon and Lizard Soldier. Tribute Summons Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Activates ??? Burst Breath to destroy all monsters Yuga controls. Blue-Eyes attacks directly (Yuga 4000 > 1000)
>Yuga Normal Summons Mystic Dealer (WATER) and Stray Familiar (EARTH). Activates the Mystic Dealer's effect by discarding a Spellcaster (Answerer the Demonic Swordsman) and draw a card (Sevens Road Magician). Tribute Summons Sevens Road Magician. Activates Wind Spirit's Blessing by discarding a Spellcaster (Hydro Magician) to increase Sevens Road's ATK by 1000 (Sevens Road 2100 > 3100). Activates High Magic Double Accel by banishing (?) 2 Spellcasters (Answerer and Hydro) to increase Sevens Road's ATK by 2100 (Sevens Road 3100 > 5200). Activates Sevens Road's effect by sending Luminous Shaman (LIGHT) from the top of his Deck to the GY to increase its ATK by 300 for each monster in the GY with a different Attribute. There are currently six (Sevens Road 5200 > 7000). Sevens Road and destroys Blue-Eyes (Hologram Man 4000 > 0)

Magic the Gathering Player here:

Use keywords. There is no reason any card needs a paragraph on it. A lot of effects are similar enough to fall under umbrella keywords that only need specific details about how to activate each specific keyword. Instead relying on a manual for each effect each card IS the fucking manual for its own effect, giving a small essay on how to draw a card when an enemy monster goes into the discard pile.

Use. Keywords. Thank you.

Attached: Dawn.png (516x362, 364.29K)

I hate Sevens, guess it was never intended for me in the first place.

Attached: Yusei unveils DESPAIR.gif (250x141, 217.81K)

>everyone is either a fucking 2004 fag who can't learn math or a 2020 try hard with too many handtraps and negates
it's so hard to find people who wanna play modern casual decks. Yugioh's middle ground is actually quite fun

Attached: 99% accurate.gif (210x210, 3.28M)

I had no idea a card with 3 sentences was too much for you to handle. But go ahead and post one of the 10 cherry picked cards with alot of text in card game with over 10,000 cards

The game was a shitfest as early as IOC. I would say that mid to near-late 5Ds and mid-Zexal were the most balanced eras where there was still a lot of fun in the monster effects but card advantage was kept under relative control as a concept and tempo of duels was fast but not over in the first 3 turns or anything. The tacked on nature of Pendulums and the complete mess that are Links didn't exist yet. Synchros and Xyz fit into YGO very naturally, though the Lv4 Xyz toolbox got a bit too ridiculous as time went on.

This new format seems like it could be interesting since they're keeping things intentionally toned down and have a lot of restrictions on effect usage while upping the tempo inherently with the ruleset changes. I'll have to see how it is after a couple of sets release for it.

They started doing this eventually but it was very late.

>The game starts with shit l like Dinos and Harpies being meta
>Pegasus events and shit where you get Toon Monsters
>Game starts to print money WAY fucking beyond expectations
>Game goes from slowly releasing content at a good pace to completely invalidating your deck within 3 weeks with bullshit P2W decks.
They randomly went from harpies to cyber angels and the meta just got shittier and shittier ever since
Now the game suffers from literally the exact same problems and power creep IRL yugioh does so it's genuinely pointless, even moreso if you've reached King of Games before.
It's fucking garbage now, but I implore you to download the game and see for yourself if it somehow improved since 2018.

*laughs at you in effect timing*

At leat Rush does a step in the right direction stating a cost and the effects you use by paying it

Attached: ddqxc04-99647087-4377-4c11-8c53-1ee12fd1533e.jpg (813x1185, 1.22M)

>otk decks are abundant
i wish fucking secondaries actually played the game before saying stupid shit like WHOA MAN 50 NEGATE BOARDS AND THEY JUST OTKD ME THROUGH MY SUMMONED SKULL BEATDOWN DECK WTF!!!
the OCGs top decks are all grindy control decks
the TCG top decks are all grindy control decks
the closest thing to an otk deck topping is fucking lunalights or cyber dragons, but we cant exactly develop the meta due to wu ping cough

>i never played yugioh besides kitchen table format with made up rules
thanks for your input, retard

Attached: 1578691985624.jpg (912x762, 110.07K)

unfortunately thanks to timing rules, wording is incredibly important on yugioh cards

Looks aesthetic as fuck. I like the font here.

spell counters was rapidly encroaching on viability back with megaton magical cannon before pieces kept being banned because they accidentally drew the deck with library or elma. its always been a matter of time.

Did they go into photoshop for 12 minutes and make this card template?
It looks like absolute ass with 0 effort put into it

well there were the v-plays threads which were sort of that

When all you ever read are Yas Forums posts, YGO cards can be a bit daunting.

>bunch of bullshit over the artwork
>level with obnoxious LEVEL above it
>the horrible design of the level symbol
>that fucking yellow choice
>changing the subtle corner atk/def values to GIANT FUCKING THING IN YOUR FACE AS IF IT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD
Thanks i hate it.

Considering the card has Japanese text in the top right it's probably some fan mockup of how the English version would look rather than an official product.

Lol we're pretty powercreeped right now, it doesn't help that they added Chaos Dragon Levianeer to a Selection Mini Box (Can get limited amount of packs with gems, the rest has to be bought with real money)
So now Thunder Dragons are raping the meta. Even though they don't have their fusions and their boss monster used to be Dragonduo.
Other meta decks are Dark Magician, Shiranui, Blue Eyes, Crystron, Invoked and Blackwings.

Attached: Yusei.dek finally wins a card game.png (540x3987, 1.01M)

>second turn kill off an empty board by burning monsters into the yard like they're nothing but fodder

Is that guy supposed to be the hero or something?

>game gets a remake
>is actually a reboot
>yfw they simply are bad with english

Attached: nanaki.png (300x318, 139.45K)

this entire format is japan only and will never be ported to the TCG

Fuck off, you know the current state of yuigioh is disgustingly overrun by powercreep after powercreep, I have no idea how can you enjoy that convoluted shit.

He pretty much uploaded his imaginary format to the internet so everyone could play it

>why yes, I do enjoy playing solitaire, how did you know?

I still don't like this card frame. I guess the black box being for card info makes more sense than it just being blank like in the initial reveals but I still say it shoulda housed the atk/def. Just do that, make the textbox a bit bigger (having large space for art is cool but just bad card design in reality) and either have the level or attribute as a subtitle under the card's name with the other being in the attribute's slot and it'd be great.

Your shitpost missed its target.

at least you can actually use old cards instead of having to buy the exact same cards every year again

im not too convinced on the layout, maybe because it looks unfinished maybe they should've find a way to place the level and ATK/DEF somewhere that doesn't overlay the illustration

>grindy control decks
read: first turn lock, and then five turns of the screw to kill
the entire metagame of yugioh is the thing that happens after 5 mana teferi ulted back in dominaria standard

Rush Duel version of BEWD. Functionally the same except the "LEGEND" sign in the corner signifies you can only run one in your deck.

>THUNDER DRAGONS
>WORLD LEGACY
>INVOKED
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON OVER THERE?!?!?!?!!??

Yesterday I pirated duel links evolution, what the fuck happened to the game? Is so fucking trash now, I hate the rules and is not fun, why the hell do I need to think were the fuck monsters go in the field? who though this was someting fun to play, what where they thinking!!??

>requirement effect division
I really like the new design but what the hell is this? are they gonna treat the "new" players like retards?

tcg lite

you forgot your image

Attached: ETorfhkWsAEi823.png (534x609, 622.75K)

Do you fags even play?
ygoprodeck.com/tag/otk/

>i'm bad at card game therefore it's broken!
Brainlet detected

I just wanted to play and have fun

Attached: 1585969141315.jpg (574x430, 28.12K)

Why, yes, I don't play modern yugioh, how could you tell?

Attached: 1558322738428.jpg (888x1024, 77.99K)

>BRO LOOK AT ALL THESE (user made) DECKS BRO THERES OTKS EVERYWHERE
here buddy, have some tournament results and tell me where the otk deck is
>i dont know what im talking about: the post
this game has had more interaction between decks in the past 2 years than in most of the games lifespan

Attached: 1574943325021.png (645x357, 31.02K)

Outside of link summoning and some archetypes like Mekk-Knight and Crusadia, board position doesn't matter in the slightest. It also recently got updated, so you're either playing an older version of the game, or you're bad.

Why is MtG so devoid of creativity these days compared to Yugioh?

Fun is a buzzword these days, it's esports or nothing now

Attached: 1569256015724.png (402x586, 389.08K)