I'm at the Specter fight early on in Amala Network, and they keep shitting all over me...

I'm at the Specter fight early on in Amala Network, and they keep shitting all over me. My only two demons are weak to fire. Should I just restart the game?

Attached: nocturne.jpg (354x500, 39.27K)

you should restart your life.

Just go grind a bit if you really are stuck and don't see any way out. No need to restart the game, that'd be silly.
Just take it as a lesson for the future and try to build teams that cover all the bases resistance wise from now on.

go recruit some demons and fuse some new ones then use buffs retard

I think at the point you are kind of are stuck and I feel for OP as spectre is a fucking dumbass fight anyway

On top of that the game kind of hints that once you're amala you can't leave until you finish that "section" but doesn't explictly say it.

I love nocturne but there are some questionable segments in that game.

Oh, so can I leave Amala by backtracking out of it?

not that I recall, you should only have small terminals at that point. You could grind and use the doctor to heal but it won't be fun. Unless my memory is totally fucked about that entire section.

I'm pretty sure I can't recruit any demons in amala, so I'm stuck with the two I have and my limited supply of healing items.
I don't have any buffs

nope you're stuck until you beat specter, which can be a bullshit fight if you're playing blind and have the wrong party. if you have hua po stick her in the party just to soak damage and be a pass bot if you don't have rakukaja unlocked on her.

Attached: 1456619339125.png (872x832, 594.71K)

Can't you leave during those sections still? I thought you could
I've played through Nocturne like ten times by now and never found myseld in a situation where I would have wanted to so I never tried

There should be a doctor somewhere in there am I wrong? One of the spirits should be scared of you and give you a free heal or something like that.

oh you literally only have two demons? as in you're rocking a party of 3 right now? why the fuck would you do that?

>I don't have any buffs

Attached: 1564158527334.jpg (250x250, 5.37K)

gonna start this shit up today or tomorrow since i just finished purse owner 4

I think I fused Hua Po into Apsaras
Yeah, but I get my ass kicked during the Specter fight.

You should just load an earlier save if you're truly stuck. You do keep separate save files, right?

If you have hua po, use pester on the elements and they can give you megido stones to throw
There's free healing in the same area as the specter fight
wtf, didn't you get anything between the hospital and shibuya? Did you throw your pixie away too? anyway you can still recruit Mou Ryo on full Kagutsuchi and he's not weak to fire

welp, welcome to nocturne, you're in for even more fun moments like this in the future

Use some of your items if you have any. Those spell stones are all super strong early game.
I'm 99% sure every Amala Passage has a free healing spot as well so you can just grind infront of that for a bit if you need to.
Also if you don't have any replacements for those fire weak demons you might want to consider just running with demifiend and the demon you have that isn't weak to fire. Cutting down on the enemies potential press turns can be more valuable than the extra damage you could put out in some situations when you are underleveled or just generally a bit on the weaker side for whatever reason

whoops

Attached: 1571964536451.jpg (1280x740, 30.81K)

>no buffs
Get some buffs. Not just for this fight but keep some demons with buffs on you at all times. You're gonna get absolutely shat on by bosses without them.

Attached: 1530563669788.jpg (611x548, 69.12K)

It's best to restart the game and try again. That section is fucked, and you'll probably keep getting ass raped without any okay demons. I remember it ruined one of my runs. The start of the game is relatively quick since you'll know what to do.

OP start over because you fucked up in several different ways.

Newfag guide to Nocturne:
>ALWAYS fill your demon stock, recruit as much as you can
>keep multiple saves
>keep buffs rotated in your party
>physical is king, but keep a magic skill on Demifiend
>abuse fog breath
this will get you through the early game, figure out the rest yourself.

Attached: 1505007768122.jpg (1057x1417, 435.84K)

this is pro advice ignore the other shit op

>Having trouble with that
Don't restart
Quit
You won't make it

So what do I have to do to get True Demon Ending or whatever it's called? Do I have to keep my OG pixie as a pixie or can I fuse her and just make sure to never throwaway her offspring?

Attached: greenlink.jpg (699x699, 28.8K)

Ignore your friends, ignore god, destroy the kalpas, fuck dante

You have to kill all the skeletons and kill Betatron.

If following gods will and leading humanity to salvation is "beta" then call me king of the virgins

Yeah you can fuse Pixie, just don't dump her offspring as you said.

Finish the Labyrinth of Amala
You don't need to keep pixie but you get a bonus, you are allowed to fuse her but keep the results, don't dismiss them, it will always be the one at the top of the list

what's the best SMT game?

Raidou 2.

Nocturne

Attached: 1456098758335.png (320x120, 7.15K)

you don't "need" pixie but you do need a demon that you've stuck by for an extended period of time. It's just less hassle with her

ok fuck i'll just restart then

It has to be pixie

You can kill elementals until they drop a Megido Stone, one Megido Stone usually kills every specter at once.

Don't restart you casual, just use Hua Po's pester on elementals until you get enough megido stones to nuke specter, i think they also drop them when you kill them.

I already said I don't have Hua Po, I fused her away.

Kill elemtals until you get a megido stone then.

I really want to 100% this game during my comfy quarantine but I'm scared its gonna get a remake soon

>Atlus
>doing anything
lol

Raidou 3 is more likely than a nocturne remake lmao.

there was a news report a couple of years ago saying they were interested in doing a nocturne remake but I guess they're too busy sucking off persona's rotting corpse to make SMTV or any remakes

You probably kept Pester on whatever you fused her into

I didn't

>rotting
are you retarded, delusional or a delusional retard

Strange Journey

how the fuck did you beat matador without buffs?

I haven't gotten to him yet.

my favourite SMT game

Is Nocturne Hard mode bullshit?

just play hardtype

hardtype is more bullshit than vanilla hard

its more fun

slapping a bajillion hp on random battle enemies, forcing boss fights on full kagutsuchi encounters and requiring life surge on everything isn't fun

>hardtype

Attached: 1545346633473.jpg (453x439, 84.65K)

>bro just make every enemy a damage sponge and half the amount of buffs and debuffs that you can stack but let the enemies cast them 4 times lmao

Phoenix Wright games and SMT3 Nocturne are games I wish I could experience for the first time ever again.

Attached: Toki smt4a3ds.jpg (400x240, 32.98K)

Yes. It's mostly about random enemies getting a crit and shitting on your party and having tripled prices for items

Hardtype is meant for a second playthrough when you already know how the game works. It's super easy to trivialise vanilla and kill most bosses before they even get a turn or two if you know what you are doing, which is pretty unfun. Hardtype is honestly super balanced for the most part, way moreso than any official version of the game. The only part where the HP sponge argument is kinda true are the special Full Kagutsuchi encounters, but considering they are meant to be endgame challenges you are supposed to be scared shitless off and run away instantly early on that makes perfect sense.
Also you misunderstood the buff change. He just doubled the effectiveness of your de-/buff spells, so by casting for example Rakukaja twice in HT you have the same damage reduction going as four casts in vanilla. It's because enemies and bosses are all way more liberal with their Dekaja/Dekunda usage, so while you get your buffs up much quicker you also loose them faster. Avoids the pitfall vanilla had where bosses would either make de-/buffs worthless because they'd always cleanse them instantly before they could stack up, while at the same time preventing you from just facerolling the majority of vanilla bosses that didn't have access to Dekaja/-kunda previously. How enemies buffs work was unchanged since forcing the player to have a dedicated Dekaja/-kunda spammer just cleaning every turn would get old incredibly fast. It works pretty well honestly, it's a nice balance.

i like IV best, though for a lot of people the difficulty of SMT is part of the appeal so i get why some might not like it for being ezpz