What the fuck is the point of exploring if all the rewards are worthless because of the shit durability system?

What the fuck is the point of exploring if all the rewards are worthless because of the shit durability system?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/thread/314105854/#314107665
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/314649776/#314653392
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/315275250/#315283765
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/324468067/#324469436
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/330257686/#330259379
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/326955396/#326962319
youtu.be/9EvbqxBUG_c?t=154
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You explore for exploring's sake, even though it's boring as shit. Welcome to the open world genre.

>Days since Yas Forums correctly shit on BotW

It looks pretty

you explore smaller areas so that you can explore more important areas
you explore imortant areas for permanent upgrades

what permanent upgrades? hearts dont matter because no enemy can one shot you, no matter what, and you can pause at any time to heal (and having more hearts makes it eat up more of your resources to fully heal, so its actually a detriment).
only stamina is useful but it's basically only good for climbing and climbing is 1) boring as fuck; 2) stamina can also be replenished while the game is paused

This is one of the big issues about the game. Being able to pause mid-battle or mid-climb without consequence, and then heal back stamina instantly, with zero cooldown? That really breaks the game. The complaints about weapon durability are NOTHING in comparison.

Sadly, it gets lost amidst the shitposters calling people names and using baby talk like "shitch" or "nincel". The legitimate posters get drowned by the shitposters of both sides, the shills and the haters alike.

Most games with durability on weapons also have blacksmiths in the world that fix them, that would solve the whole issue.

>Worthless
Implying you can't get good use of a weapon before it breaks.

>heh, I'll just save it for later

>what permanent upgrades?
hearts, stamina, powers
>something something i think it's boring
ah ok

it's not really an issue to begin with
just pick up another weapon
if anything finding a new weapon is another reason to explore

Played it on PC with unbreakable weapons mod, can recommend

>Point

You explore because you enjoy it. Like actual exploring. Part of the appeal of this game is the meditative approach to exploring that they give, and the fact that you don't "need" to explore if you don't think it's worthwhile.

You don't like finding an enemy camp, some chests, weapons, ore, miniboss, korok seeds, a small ruined outpost, or whatever else? Don't go exploring and just stay on the main path of the game. I really don't understand what you were "expecting" to find when you explored. There's plenty already.

One of my favourite parts of exploring is recounting where I've been, where I came from, where I will go next, and what is off in the distance. I like just "seeing what's up there and what I can see from there." The first thing I'll do when I get to a new spot I haven't been is check if I can glean any new visual information, place way markers to check out how far away things are, and plan routes.

>No enemy can one shot you

This is my first play through and I've been limiting the amount of heart containers I have. I still do all the shrines I can find -- I just have a surplus of spirit orbs.

It's at the point where I should probably upgrade my hearts because one hit from a Black bokoblin or above kills me. I'm lucky if I can survive a single hit from those enemies.

Honestly, the permanent rewards are equally shit if not worse.
>more HP in a game where it's unnecessary
>more stamina to make the game less boring
>more inventory space to make the game less annoying

It really shows that this is Nintendo's first real open world game.
Take old game, scale map up, split content into smaller pieces and sprinkle across the landscape. The epitome of quantity over quality. They could've included everything that made BotW a good game into the OOT style gameplay and it would've been great, but I think that would've been too much effort.

Attached: 1577653238484.gif (750x396, 1.9M)

you cannot be killed by any enemy in one single hit from full HP.

>You don't like finding an enemy camp, some chests, weapons, ore, miniboss, korok seeds, a small ruined outpost, or whatever else? Don't go exploring and just stay on the main path of the game.
Or maybe just don't play open world garbage games in the first place lol
>I really don't understand what you were "expecting" to find when you explored.
He fell for the "open world games have worthwhile content" meme
>There's plenty already.
Yeah, like an enemy camp, some chests, weapons, ore, miniboss, korok seeds, a small ruined outpost, or whatever else

Firstly, they do have blacksmiths. You're able to fix every single Champion weapon in the game and get another when it breaks.

And all other weapons are found with such regularity that you don't need a blacksmith to make them.

No it isn't, because if you used one weapon of a given category, you used them all. Who the fuck cares if it's a spear or a mop if there's no difference in gameplay?

Attached: 1580926861315.png (143x143, 35.8K)

Where dat gif from

>doesn't see that's the point of the game, and kind of a joke devs are aware of.
>game rewards you with a golden poop for collecting everything

>What the fuck is the point of exploring if all the rewards are worthless

Why are you talking complete and utter shite?

>ironic shit game
Absolute state

I spent probably a dozen hours trying to get ontop of the water fall in gerudo valley in OoT when I was 11. What was the point?

>no enemy can one shot you

Fuckin retard

go ahead and show me an enemy one shotting a player on the normal difficulty. you will not be able to. not even ganon does it even if you're completely naked.

I'm sure its from Postcards From The Edge. Based on Carrie Fisher's book.

So how come nobody can make an open world game half as good as BotW if its so easy?

I've done similar things and for me it's the feeling of being somewhere you shouldn't be.
I have an Action Replay which I used to walk through walls in Pokemon when I was younger, or climbing on top of mountains in pre-cata WoW, but that's basically a feature in BotW leaving nothing a mystery or a personal achievement.

Climbing somewhere cool and finding out a Korok was already chilling there like the devs expected me to be there honestly killed the joy for me.

>Or maybe just don't play open world garbage games in the first place lol
Raised by a single mother confirmed. This is how women reason

I love coming to BotW threads and laughing at 14 years olds trying to act like they understand game design.

Attached: hayden-revengejpeg.jpg (1300x650, 74.41K)

Because regardless of what game I suggest as being better than BotW, you'll either tell me it isn't open world or you'll say it's worse.

Yeah pretty much like how you'll deny how much Nintendo dabbed on every open world game developer on their very first attempt using a fucking Wii U.

BotW is an exceptionally brilliant game and fantastic step forward for how these kind of games should be designed.

All the tears in the world won't change reality. Haters always have to recon the definitions of what video games are and - by extension - pretend that every other video game ever made is also shit just so they can hate BotW.

>fantastic step forward
The only thing you said that's even remotely true. BotW shows promise, but as a finished game it's no more than a tech demo and no amount of Nintendroning will change that.
I don't know how much I'd blow your mind if I showed you what's possible with Far Cry 4's physics engine and all the interactivity in that game, but I consider it equally as mediocre as BotW in terms of being a finished game.

"You can climb walls" or "You can finish the four identical dungeons in any order you want" doesn't impress me and I'm trying to figure out how it impresses anyone else. You would've been able to beat all the temples in OOT in any order if you were given all the items at the start of the game like you are in BotW.

>it's no more than a tech demo

What a meme non-argument. Its funny how a mere "tech demo" from Nintendo BTFO every other developer on the planet.

>n-n-no its shit!

Who the fuck are you trying to convince 4 years later?

Seriously, I'm asking you: Who the fuck are you trying to convince?

Attached: Peaked.jpg (1061x929, 425.41K)

>Who the fuck are you trying to convince 4 years later?
>
>Seriously, I'm asking you: Who the fuck are you trying to convince?
Certainly not me. I already know he's right.

>What a meme non-argument.
What an interesting thing to say while linking to a post where everything else is a valid argument, while providing none of your own except for "Tanner Fox from TheGamer Originals likes this game so you should too".

i feel you bigly on this.

>needing stat rewards to enjoy gameplay

Lol

If you really need to reward yourself with numbers, there's korok seeds. If you like, you can pretend that they're slowly buffing your luck stat or some shit

Or you could just get into investing and watch numbers move instead of playing games

>"tech demo" from Nintendo BTFO every other developer on the planet.
It didn't, most western AAA open world games are better than BotW. BotW didn't do anything right besides improving on ubisoft tower formula *slightly* and not relyong on markers. Otherwise there's plenty superior open world games

And there we have it
>nothing counts!!!

Yeah universal acclaim from critics doesn't count.
Outpourings of awe from rival game developers doesn't count.
Truckloads of awards don't count.
Praise from millions of non-mentally ill gaming enthusiasts doesn't count.
Claiming Game Of The Decade Award doesn't count.
Still be fawned over years after the hype is long doesn't count.

Yeah nothing counts. Its shit because some 14 year old on 4channel said so lol

>most western AAA open world games are better than BotW
This is like trying to argue which piece of shit is the least smelly

>most western AAA open world games are better than BotW.

Assmad Nintendo hater can't cope.

Attached: 1574905460078.png (612x520, 455.68K)

Its funny how we went from

>Nintendo are just copying the open world meme

To

>ALL OPEN WORLD GAMES ARE SHIT!

Thats how you cope?

Well, I guess then RDR2 is better than BotW, cause even the devs are taking notes from it. Is that really the argument you're going to run with?

Attached: file.png (1158x252, 33.99K)

Imagine still posting lies because you're so bootyblasted by Nintendo's Zeldy game.

Attached: 1582409070029.gif (497x280, 1.61M)

>Yeah universal acclaim from critics doesn't count.
Uncharted 2 has a 96 on metacritic and that's one of the least engaging shooters I've ever played.

>Outpourings of awe from rival game developers doesn't count.
All I've seen is people praising specific aspects of BotW, like you would any tech demo

>Truckloads of awards don't count.
Dragon Age inquisition won Game of the Year.

>Praise from millions of non-mentally ill gaming enthusiasts doesn't count.
If you're one I wouldn't count on non-mentally ill considering the amounts of non-arguments you produce

>Claiming Game Of The Decade Award doesn't count.
See above. I don't think you want to pretend like Inquisition is as good as BotW, because I don't believe that.

>Still be fawned over years after the hype is long doesn't count.
Doesn't mean it can be heavily flawed. I'd provide examples but you're gonna need to start providing actual arguments if you want me to waste your time because you're starting to smell like bait.

Literally who? Form your own opinions

I actually miss the Zelda games where finding secrets was actually worth it. BotW really dropped the ball on that shit.

>you're gonna need to start providing actual arguments

I don't need to do jack shit. BotW is the best adventure game I've ever played on any system and I'm just going to sit here and laugh at you not being able to copy with reality.

Attached: 20200127_224350.jpg (633x1024, 179.86K)

No 2 good games. Only 1 at a time. One must be better than the other. If its not good, its bad.

Attached: image.jpg (726x1080, 130.69K)

>Form your own opinions

I did. BotW is fantastic game and a masterclass in game design.

What? You don't like MY opinion either? Oh well.

>farm shrines: the game
>empty fucking world with the same shit copypasted over and over again (shrines, kokor puzzles, monsters) to fill it
>shitty MMO tier "fetch me 10 grasshoppers" side quests as """content""" for the soulless towns
>instead of caves and elaborate dungeons we get hundreds of soulless samefagged COPYPASTED shrines
>like 5 types of normal monster in total in the ENTIRE game, recolored for harder areas, just more samefagged copypasting to fill their shit empty world
>garbage combat literally inferior to previous games (TP had more moves, WW was more flashy and cool, SS had wii motion gimmick), what the fuck were they thinking?
>even putting aside the shit combat whose crowning achievement is "do le sidehop for flurry!!XD", you constantly pause battle to stuff your fat face with food and switch your broken weapon, disrupting flow and breaking immersion
>NOOOOO STOP USING WEAPONS STOP FIGHTING RAAARGH YOUR WEAPON BREAKS IN 5 HITS (this is REALLY """realistic""")
>might as well leave weapon """rewards""" in their chests, or throw them off a cliff because hey, they break after 5 hits anyway and you're back to bokor clubs, so no point in even hassling with your inventory space
>seriously, how the fuck does military grade weapons breaking after 5 hits make sense at all?
>how the fuck is "break 10 different weapons to kill one boss" a thing? Are they armored with fucking adamantium?
>how the fuck is link able to stash away dozens of swords, axes and spears? Nonsensical bullshit all to make their forced, contrived durability meme "work"
>literally no story/plot, just "you are hero, this is ganon the villain, you stop him"

Dude le explore le mountain best game ever lmao

>BotW is the best adventure game I've ever played
I suggest playing more games, then. You're missing out by limiting yourself to only playing games worse than BotW.

Why is a weapon a worthless reward because it can break after you use it?

Are rupees a worthless reward because they're gone once you spend them? Are potions worthless because they're gone once you drink them?

There's nothing inherently wrong with giving spendable/consumable resources as rewards. You use them, they give you some value/utility, and they're gone.

My man, I've been shitting on the open world meme for three decades now.

Don't believe me? Well, I can't go that far back on Yas Forums, but I can go this far back:
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/314105854/#314107665
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/314649776/#314653392
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/315275250/#315283765
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/324468067/#324469436
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/330257686/#330259379
arch.b4k.co/v/thread/326955396/#326962319
All me

It's time to come to terms with reality: The open world garbage meme must perish.

Attached: community_image_1413908512.gif (500x261, 879.38K)

>I suggest playing more games, then. You're missing out by limiting yourself to only playing games worse than BotW.

But I own every major console for the past 30 years and I spend a lot on money on games each month.

Oh man, I have such a backlog of games.

But you know what I've noticed? Every time I play an open world game I just keep wishing it was more like BotW. Why do other open world games seem to dated and lazy compared to BotW? Why do I keep going back to BotW as an antidote for shit games?

Attached: 20200316_145340.jpg (2819x2199, 3.12M)

Fuck off, newfag
youtu.be/9EvbqxBUG_c?t=154

Are you trying to prove something by posting a picture of an article from some literally who website?

I just started playing the game last week
How come no one ever mentioned the gerudo loli?
All I saw were people jacking off over Zelda or mipha

that's not what i meant
when you BREAK a weapon you must find a new one. That's exploration with meaning.

What's the point of winning the game if you win nothing?

By not being a retard and enabling infinite durability mods
>but that makes the game easy!
The game is piss easy if you play it right anyways, this just makes it actually fun

The point is to waste your life away doing boring chores. That is the open world mentality.

the gerudo loli, the gerudo amazon, the lolibaba, and the subby ninja wife are mentioned a lot by people who actually played the game. unfortunately, 2% of posters in these threads played the game.

Attached: 683.jpg (600x780, 36.17K)

>Yeah universal acclaim from critics doesn't count.
It really doesn't. Who the fuck are those people? What authority do they have? Who gave it to them? What the fuck is a game critic? I play games and I talk about them. Am I a critic?
Oh jeez, Bethesda and CDPR, devs known for making shit games, have said some nice words about BotW. Holy shit that must mean something.
>Truckloads of awards don't count.
Who gives the awards? Based on what criteria? What authority do they have to pass judgment?
>Praise from millions of non-mentally ill gaming enthusiasts doesn't count.
Nobody who is not mentally ill has played BotW. All nincels are mentally ill.
>Claiming Game Of The Decade Award doesn't count.
Yeah? Who the fuck gives a shit about some awards given out by some literally whos based on god knows what criteria?
>Still be fawned over years after the hype is long doesn't count.
Only by nincels. You get wet over anything Nintendo shits out.

It's funny how desperately you cite the acclaim of some people whose authority on game criticism nobody besides them ever accepted because BotW is such a mediocre game that without it the game's quality cannot be defended.

Thank you, user. I think some people fail to grasp that exploration can be fun for its own sake. I find BotW's world populated enough by things to do that it took me over a hundred hours to get bored.

>Oh jeez, Bethesda and CDPR, devs known for making shit games
The Witcher 1 and 2 were great games, but then CDPR fell for the open world meme and now they make garbage. Not surprising they'd think Breath of the Wild is good.

we all waste our lives away playing video games. unless you pretend that its viable for (you) to make a living getting paid to perform playing video games in front of an audience, the real truth is that you are gaining little to no viable skills from gaming. All of the "learned management from raiding for 4 years" shit could also be learned in a team workshop that makes little projects on fridays for two months.

The point of video games is to have fun playing them. And fuck you for trying to tell me that wasting my time isnt fun, while posting on Yas Forums to do it.

It' a fake "meaning" because exploration will not give me anything positive, rather I have to explore to avoid the negative. No new content, no new mechanics, nothing interesting awaits me if I explore, only the preservation of my ability to defend against bokoblins.

While I agree that other people's opinions are nothing to base one's own view of a game on, how can you say that and then go to call it a mediocre game yourself? Is that not just your own authority? At the very least, you must admit that millions of people saw something in the game. That might not make it objectively good, but it is not without merit in that regard.

Games aren't meant to be time-wasters. They're meant to be enjoyable experiences. Crafted experiences. The open world meme flies in the face of everything an actual fun game stands for. It is the genre created for the "DURRRR I PAID 60 BUCKS AND ONLY GOT 30 HOURS OUT OF THIS GAME? WHAT A ROBBERY!" retards. Padding. Padding. Padding.

The 3D Zeldas have ALWAYS been too easy Even the supposedly more difficult "Master Quest" did nothing to change how easy the combat was in OOT

Stop everything, a random faggot on Yas Forums said that if was a bad game so it's a bad game. Nothing to see here guys, he won this thread.

I'm glad you were able to finish with the strongest argument of them all:
>I like it so it must be perfect
Holy fuck, user. That's maximum cope.
My favorite game is a solid 6/10 user but I won't try to pass it off as the second coming of Christ because I like it. You should try the same.

>complaining about a child game from 2017

Attached: 1325615855473[1].png (640x464, 215.35K)

Do you use the items you find? If so, they have worth. If you hoard them like an autistic maniac, they don't.

literally no one big like Rockstar etc have praised this game, the other way around actually

Strange. I have fuckloads of fun playing RPGs even when they reskin the monster from overworld area 1 with padded stats for dungeon 5.

That's because you are a brainlet. I'm the one who has to suffer this garbage because of your low standards.

>I like it so it must be perfect

Nothing is perfect. I bet your favourite game could be nitpicked to hell and back.

Stop seething because Nintendo made a great game. Fuck sake its been more than 3 years. Whats wrong with you?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-16-01-33-39.png (1080x1920, 285.19K)

>literally no one big like Rockstar etc have praised this game

Ubisoft, FromSoft and Bethesda don't count?

Rockstar postponed RDR2 for a year after BotW released.

>muh action gayming
you're still entering the same inputs for the same attacks with the same combo loops, with slightly different aesthetics. you're not enjoying the gameplay, youre just blinded by the spectacle

He didn't even remotely say that.

>I bet your favourite game could be nitpicked to hell and back.
Yeah, I do that myself. That's why I call it a 6/10.

You botwfags NEED to start reading the posts you reply to.

Yeah I guess you're right. I personally like some games that other people deem unplayable. To each their own I guess.
My point is that calling BotW Game of the Decade or masterpiece or the best game of all time is retarded because, besides one (chemistry engine), all mechanics and aspects of BotW's design have been done better by games even 20 years ago. That's why nintendies so desperately cite all those articles and meaningless awards (it's like the oscars but for video games, it's a forced hype that nobody besides the people involved gives a shit about and nobody trusts the quality of award winners). To them, they prove the quality that they can't defend with their arguments, because their love for the game stems not from actual appreciation of designs, but from unconditional love to the developer and the IP.

>Stop seething because Nintendo made a great game.
Can't speak for him, but Nintendo has made tons of great games. Just from last decade alone:
>Super Mario Odyssey
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Super Mario Maker 3
>Fire Emblem: Three Houses

That doesn't shield them from criticism when they fall for the open world garbage meme