One Piece: Pirate Warriros 4

Technique > Speed = Power > Sky

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 136.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIeEZWOgsGA&list=PLvjLHx71j6fiUjD0I0bbdccd_tpKUikq5&index=5&t=0s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how will they make chopper worse in pw5?

Mochi man is really fun, especially when he's bursted up.

Attached: 20200330225535_1.jpg (1920x1080, 656.03K)

Why is Gear 4 so unusable? Sure, it's cool as fuck, but it like floats up with every move and then by the end of the combo you're on a level where you can't even hit enemies and have to stay in place to descend.

I noticed Doflamingo will sometimes shoot his gun instead of thread bullets from his finger when he uses his charge attack, neat detail

>cant play for another 3 weeks

Fucking sucks, I wanna play as bege so badly.

That's just sky types in general.
Snakeman once you get it is a lot more controllable.

I dunno, I played Croc, he always stayed on one level in burst mode. Boundman just keeps ascending indefinitely.

So far Akainu seems to be the most broken character besides the giants.

I still need to try a lot of the characters, but Cavendish with Hakuba seems REALLY good. And very fun too.

Do you count Katakuri as a giant? Because outside of obvious WB/BM/Kaidou, he seems the strongest due to combination of unrelenting attacks and wide specter of moves.
Also Bege, while being sluggish in his prep work, can deliver absolutely devastating combos with deploys chained into Big father, I've cleaned entire plazas full of commanders and characters in seconds as him.

Attached: 1585585326144.jpg (863x489, 67.27K)

Akainu has a very fast and broken 3 hit aoe combo. Katakuri has similiar issue to G4 in that you miss a lot with the air attacks.

>that "donuts~" katakuri makes when you use his healing special

Attached: 1577580844648.png (582x653, 236.14K)

Is it me or does Blackbeard kind of suck? For such a late unlock he really doesn't compare to the other Emperors.

That's because he's the weakest emperor

well it makes sense since he is the weakest and a manlet

no that's luffy

>Luffy
>Emperor
Literally fake news

Attached: 1490263983569.png (443x219, 86.96K)

just make it a reskin of pre TS luffy after he uses a gear 3 move

He's got some dummy AoE that means he gets as many kills as the other Emperors but doesn't have near the single target that they do. Which is kind of silly because single target damage is the weakest thing for the 5 unless you build specifically for it.
Anyways, Mihawk and Carrot can do some silly damage to generals while still clearing a decent area so they're up in A at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIeEZWOgsGA&list=PLvjLHx71j6fiUjD0I0bbdccd_tpKUikq5&index=5&t=0s Thread theme.

I thought Doflamingo was great until I realized 4 of his fucking combos are just parasite strings. Two ground and two air combos go to parasite strings. What were they thinking?

From those I've played:

Top Tier: Katakuri, Whitebeard
Pretty Good/fun: Carrot, Luffy, Reiju, Ichiji, Franky, Ace, Crocodile, Fujitora, Sabo, Kid, Hancock
Mid Tier/Dull: Zoro, Sanji, Tashigi, Robin, Nami, Law, Mihawk, Doflamingo
Low Tier: Brook, Bartolomeo
Why Are They Playable: Jinbei, Pre TS Usopp

Robin is kind of fun. I like her wings moves/attacks. Law just has a slow windup with his rooms. No idea why he needs to use a room every time when the manga/anime has him fight without a room at times. Mihawk can be fun but when 4 named enemies spawn he can be a pain to play due to slow initial attacks. I like Jinbei's character but they really butchered his moveset.

Attached: 1557334131464.webm (480x480, 2.19M)

well he's almost the size of whitebeard so i'd say so

Attached: 20200329120147_1.jpg (1920x1080, 420.59K)

Try using the boost dash when targeting an enemy, it'll bring you down a bit. But yeah, fucking retarded move on them to not have a descend button, how didn't they catch that you'd get locked in the air after a combo?

Don't even joke.

Man I do really love the more jazzy feel PW3's OST had.

I don't get it, am I missing something here? So I just beat Alabasta arc and I'm wondering why any of the moves I do lack real impact like I felt back in PW3. For example, playing PW3 preTS Zoro feels very different than PW4 preTS Zoro, such as his ShiShi SonSon move. It lacks real impact when it hits anything. Not only that but his 3000 Worlds. It just nonchalantly goes through enemies. Did I fuck shit up in settings or...?

Attached: 1506192260445.gif (245x245, 143.72K)

More like CHAD News Morgan

i'm sorry user but unless chopper ever does something again it's gonna happen

Is there an easy way to get down to the ground for huge masses of enemies when playing a sky type?
It's easy to lock on on enemy characters and combo down to them but how do I get down reliably with nothing to target.
Do I have to use a combo that ends with a downward smash or something?

Just don't press anything.

Hotboxes are so big that you shouldn't need to get down. The only problem I have when flying is I zoom past enemies even though I'm locked on to them because the camera is dogshit, and I can't pick up small loot.

Abilities are less impatful in this part, but there are also lots of abilities, you need to unlock them on the map. And also Zoro's Three thousand worlds and Asura were always just teleporting through enemies and damaging them behind him.

>Pretty Good/fun: Carrot, Luffy, Reiju, Ichiji, Franky, Ace, Crocodile, Fujitora, Sabo, Kid, Hancock
>Mid Tier/Dull: Zoro, Sanji, Tashigi, Robin, Nami, Law, Mihawk, Doflamingo
are we playing the same game? I destroy everything with Law with that giant range and damage, meanwhile it feels like Sabo feels like he does the usual low speed type dmg and Kid just being kind of mediocre all around - albeit a lot of fun.
Maybe I'm using the wrong setup

Attached: 1569918598383.png (644x644, 935.79K)

>camera is dogshit
This has to be the biggest fuck up in this game. It constantly gets stuck on terrain, will phase behind objects when playing gigantic characters, and then every damn time something triggers in a mission it'll get locked to the event while removing your controls.

Has anybody ever tried to set the camera speed in the options higher than 50%?
I figured it was just for manual use but maybe it affects the auto readjustment for the camera?

why the fuck is hawkins so boring

I really don't like Law in this game. The fact that you have to set up a fairly small Room before every combo just breaks the flow.
They really should've kept the chargable Room mechanic from PW3, or at least not make Law need to spawn a new one for every new combo.

no bully

>And also Zoro's Three thousand worlds and Asura were always just teleporting through enemies and damaging them behind him

Yeah but it feels like there's something missing. I think I'm always expecting like a SCHING and a screen flash every time I do the move. Didn't PW3 have that? How sad, One Piece and musou are all about heavy, impactful hits and doing cool moves.

Attached: 1571532561978.jpg (1897x1080, 591.84K)

I just don't think Law is fun. The room gimmick got old really quickly for me. I liked Kid once I figured out I could build up his metal arms with a combo then fire them like rockets into big crowds.

Some user posted their Full Burst-centric skill setup for skill type characters so they have the ability to stay in their full burst most of the time which also makes them attack a lot faster.
With that you don't even feel the disruption of Law casting a room before each attack, also the room gets so big that he always has a huge field he attacks at the same time and really fast at that.

JOBBER FIGHT

Attached: 20200331092806_1.jpg (869x483, 78.2K)

Did you mistake Marco for Sanji?

I tried to ignore it going into the game, because I fucking love One Piece, but after playing it for a while I'm starting to understand the complaints people have, transitioning from Pirate Warriors 3 to 4. Fuck me, and I was so excited for this game to come out.

Attached: 1553472262413.jpg (715x631, 58.4K)

The conversations in the treasure log are great between characters.
Sanji swooning over Carrot and her garchu greeting with Pudding suddenly chiming in and shittalking Sanji
Also, every time Bartolomeo and any of the straw hats on the same map

I don't understand how guys like Jack and Drake are supposed to be these really strong fuckers. Like, they're goddamn dinosaurs and mammoths. We've seen plenty of shit already that's stronger than those animals.

Yeah like giraffes

eh I still think it's solid, but it feels like they took things in a way different direction with this game, you have way less downtime but some of the flashiness was lost, I think it's a solid sidegrade to PW3 and I don't know which I like more yet

Chad Garp and Magellan, and best girl Perona died so Koei could put in 4 shitty sky types of the Jobba 66

Attached: hqdefault (9).jpg (480x360, 18.48K)

Well 2 also took many steps down from 1 for the sake of change, but they refined it in 3 and made it amazing. I have hopes for 5 now, because 4 does have plenty of great ideas in it, the new map system alone is worth the price of admission.

> jerma 66
> jobbers
okat
> garp and magellan
> not jobbers
lol

There are many factors that can make characters stronger in OPverse. There's natural resilience, with some characters like BM or Oden just being born as monsters already. There's Haki of course, which can make average man without a fruit into a monster, like Roger. And when it comes to fruit powers, creativity counts for a lot, as well as the ability to enter Awakening.

post perona pls

Of the characters I've played
>Fun: Luffy, Carrot, Whitebeard, Katakuri
>Ok: Sabo, Law, Brook, Nami, Zoro, Sanji
>Not fun: Usopp, Jinbe

Attached: 20200328152838_1.jpg (1920x1080, 283.41K)

Jack has ridiculous stamina and toughness. He fought Minks for several full days in a row, constantly getting beaten up, and he was still perfectly fine after all that time.

>Usopp
Technique characters are an acquired taste. They have highly exploitable mechanics and that allow you to just melt enemy HP bars. Bege can be absolutely insane, when you have a squad deployed, yet utterly useless without it. Usopp can stay invulnerable with impact dial and stack fire AoEs for a DPS higher than WB's specials.

bege 's map unlocks the skill that lets full burst run for longer

I thought Usopp was actually kind of fun but my absolute dislike for him as a character made me never pick him again outside of the story where I had to play him.

>play as Nami
>meet two skyniggers at once
>can barely do anything against them

Attached: 1565666780739.jpg (1021x1047, 278.18K)

they died to make ace fun

Ace is absolutely great in PW4. Especially with Full Burst going I love his new combos