Name a more satisfying sound in games

Name a more satisfying sound in games

Attached: DDA1E909-1E31-4C6A-9FAF-9EA44D5B38A1.jpg (320x320, 14.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kHlJOMjon4Y?t=41
youtube.com/watch?v=gVaoe2H0Wwg
youtube.com/watch?v=B_VE-D2M8bs
youtube.com/watch?v=S7lvrg4yzAc
youtube.com/watch?v=crGrejyf7e0
youtube.com/watch?v=M4VHUXV77hA
files.catbox.moe/8nxej9.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=JJzOtii3pRc
youtu.be/qtNDctR2iMM?t=36
youtu.be/hU5JoETaUVU
youtube.com/watch?v=7CIGb1Ti06k
ringtonecup.net/3s13_pangya_coin.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3AmSjttYu5g
youtube.com/watch?v=iPQUVbLCyB0
youtube.com/watch?v=XrNjMdc4yQ4
youtu.be/lezq2l-Z_wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The chanting from the Disciples of D'Sparil.
Then when they engage you, they call you an asshole.
Bliss.

youtu.be/kHlJOMjon4Y?t=41

*KCHNG*

Attached: unnamed.png (114x114, 28.25K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gVaoe2H0Wwg

The bling sound when epic loot drops in Diablo 3.

Nah

Npc effect at play here.

>No fun allowed
You suck user

i was about to posts these

M1 garand ping

The Quake III hitsound.

DQ 8 critical hit
youtube.com/watch?v=B_VE-D2M8bs

Every sound effect in Starcraft, all of them are so good that choosing one feels like choosing a favorite child

when this nigga crits

Attached: file.png (322x377, 307.31K)

*ting*

Attached: 7415__01.png (92x116, 1.99K)

This or the Tribes blue plate special sound

>when you hear the direct hit sound several seconds after firing a blind rocket or grenade across the room

Attached: 1369160547660.jpg (500x495, 39.82K)

That sound when you hit a MAX-ACT with Nero. Followed by DMC1 and 3 Dante's stinger and real-impact with Beowulf which ties with Vergil's judgement cut noise.

Attached: red queen.gif (500x237, 1.68M)

Streets of Rage 2 pipe

>when the one deag connects
youtube.com/watch?v=crGrejyf7e0

Attached: 1465848626314.jpg (385x349, 24.32K)

Double hit sound of Battletoad's Big Boot. Along with everything stopping for a moment on every hit, it makes me feel amazing.

The shrieking of the ghosts fired by Wraithverge, followed by the death gurgles of ettin and centaurs and their gib animations.

Attached: 1439840891637.webm (1280x720, 2.02M)

oh god hrrrngh

Attached: 1556858182783.jpg (646x720, 18.55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=M4VHUXV77hA

Hexen has god-tier sound design.

files.catbox.moe/8nxej9.webm

Attached: 30637.png (1411x175, 146.55K)

This game any good? I tried playing it a long ass time ago on N64 with a bro but we would get lost all the fucking time because the game wouldnt tell us where the fuck to go.

The game is really good but it might take getting past the first hub (it's the weakest part of the game), the Seven Portals, for most people to really appreciate it. It gives you minor clues on where to go, like flipping a switch in [level A] might say "a door has opened on [level B]." But really, just pay attention to your surroundings and look for previously locked doors to suddenly be open and you'll be fine.

It's easily playable on almost any Doom source port. At the very least give it a try.

Attached: Disc of Repulsion.webm (960x540, 1.74M)

pure, untainted sex

youtube.com/watch?v=JJzOtii3pRc

Attached: SeichusenGodanzuki.gif (163x128, 191.85K)

i didnt think there could be a wrong answer in this thread but here we have (you) suggesting a totally forgettable sound

F.E.A.R shotgun

>that sound on a 3rd consecutive hit
Good stuff.

Attached: 1554256537608.png (740x617, 337.45K)

youtu.be/qtNDctR2iMM?t=36

Mortal Kombat II blood sounds.
youtu.be/hU5JoETaUVU

youtube.com/watch?v=7CIGb1Ti06k

Pangya!
ringtonecup.net/3s13_pangya_coin.html

Literally anything from MK2, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=3AmSjttYu5g

Is this Heretic or Hexen? I only really know 2 of both series.

Hexen.

Attached: 32659832.webm (800x450, 2.13M)

I really really hate the Seven Portals. I also hate the level with the caves where everything looks the same so you dont know where to go.

They use some of the same sprites, don't they?

That like depressurizing "SHWEEP" sound the chests in God of War 1-3 (not sure about 4, probably not) make is really satisfying.

Pft, you can't confuse the two, man, Heretic looks goofy as fuck.

Attached: more iron liches for you gayboy enjoy the whirlwinds.gif (320x200, 33.95K)

Hexen uses the Maulotaur from Heretic as creature you can summon for help, the Crystal Vial and Quartz Flasks items, and the Fighter's Spiked Gauntlets, in their idle position, use the Gauntlets of the Necromancer sprite. Otherwise Hexen has all new assets.

Hexen is Heretic's sequel so they tried to connect them in a few ways.

Attached: 2589034640.webm (640x480, 432.26K)

So they are considered the same universe? I need to hurry up and play through all the chapters. The early parts of Heretic 1 are kind of a drag though.

Heretic looks awesome, especially episode 3. Though I do prefer Hexen overall.

Attached: Azure Fortress.png (1024x768, 556.03K)

The sound when you beat a boss in KH3, especially for the data battles/Yozora.
The sound when you land a meteor/spike on somebody in Smash 4/Ultimate.

Same universe, yeah. The main plot of the games revolves around the Serpent Riders, a trio a demon brothers who conquer worlds. The games go:

Heretic > Hexen > Hexen 2

Each game takes place on a different planet with new heroes but the focus is on the Sper Riders specifically. Heretic 2 is the odd one out as its story is a direct continuation of Corvus, the player character from Heretic and has nothing to do with the Serpent Riders.

When they make those bathhouse tiles move, it's bitching.

I might be biased, though, because I played through the mission pack expansions and you're pretty fucking tired of the assets by the end of them.
Tell you what Heretic does scratch my itch on, though, world maps. They're fantastic. I miss overworld maps in fps episodes, really ties them together.

Attached: domes.png (220x220, 76.08K)

>Sper
Serpent

Attached: 1579650126052.png (1166x903, 990.62K)

That CLANG sound of a minecart landing after a jump in DKC and the trolley level from Spyro 2.

I feel you. Gives a slight sense of where you are in the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=iPQUVbLCyB0

Let the record show Heretic 2 is really good. Or I at least came away with that impression a couple decades ago. I could be wrong.

It's still great, but it's great as proto-Jedi Academy more than the original's TC Doom wad.

Raven brought a lot to the table with their games. Shame they've been absorbed into the Activision COD collective.

The super loud crit sound in TF2 from like 3 of them playing simultaneously when you gib a group of people with a well aimed crit rocket

>but it's great as proto-Jedi Academy
Yeah, I guess I should make note it's definitely a very different vibe from the idtech 1 engine games. 3D models and whatnot, and third person melee. But it hooked me for some reason.

Close, but the water sploosh sound in Heretic is my favorite. It's one of the very few game sounds I'll just autistically play as much as possible while playing the game.

Tried playing this and couldn't find the emerald key.

Artificial difficulty at it's finest.

i want a modern game where i can play as a dark wizard with brutal magic so bad

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x380, 74.75K)

This one

youtube.com/watch?v=XrNjMdc4yQ4

>posting bait to bump the thread
Tricky mortal.

My memories of this game were, as a child, unlocking the cheat menu in the 64 version and no clipping through levels spamming the ghost shooting gun.
Looking through this thread though, I really want to give the game a fair shake and see if my adult self needs the cheat menu as well

youtu.be/lezq2l-Z_wc