SOUL

SOUL
SOULLESS

Attached: B60DDC6B-BFA8-4C35-9179-A4164DAA9F1F.jpg (828x830, 73.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c29yzUlWEEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the one with dunban and reyn reacting shows it better. shulk looks acceptable in the remake shot here.

Im fine with the faces being updated because the originals looked pretty bad. My problem is why did they change the artstyle and over saturate the colors?

>Caring about a remake

>OH NO IT'S LOOKS MORE ANIME AAAAAAAAGGGGGG IM GONNA GET FLACCID!!!!

Acceptable? Shulk looks like he's holding back a sneeze in the bottom one

That's just how modern anime looks. Generic as fuck with little to no toning outside of a few studios like Kyoani. Anime in the 90's unironically looks better.

I really dont like the anime art style I like the realistic style of the first game.
t.is my 2nd favourite game behind Arx Fatalis

They're both soulless.

no u

I dislike the remakes artstyle. It's alright when close but when the camera zooms out enough it kinda gives that weird 3d vibe like looking at the dragon quest netflix thing.

He looks sad and angry in the top. Which is appropriate.

The remake looks meh to me. Saturated as fuck. Why?

REMAKES ARE FUCKING GAY.
I WANT A NEW GAME

Modern anime art style is what sells, it's what people want. Sorry

Then why does anime sell like shit? In a country of 200 000 000 you are lucky to sell 3000 copies a volume

You make it sound like in the past it sold better. Also the anime industry is predatory as fuck.

im just waiting for a picture of the scene riki is introduced and everyone is looking at the camera
great on original, hd texture pack ruins it so the remaster will be somewhere in between maybe?

You didn't answer the question
Jrpgs sold more in the past.

looks like corey feldman

Attached: Screen shot 2020-03-27 at 5.47.47 PM.jpg (514x222, 37.98K)

I like both

Attached: 1287664341750.png (576x432, 238.89K)

source?

Attached: comparison.jpg (1880x2084, 444.28K)

same

Attached: zerotimesshorteredit2.png (443x458, 40.3K)

ruined

old and ugly = soul
new and good looking = soulless

Attached: Soul.png (1066x1066, 597.2K)

They de-aged everyone by 3 or 4 years. It's shit now, irremediably shit.

OH NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO

>remastering a game that's not even a decade old

Attached: 1531697484084.png (336x354, 243.19K)

Attached: C4yuEJr_d.jpg (640x711, 55.76K)

But they are both shit.

Attached: rQzh0xR_d.jpg (640x176, 6.13K)

>Remastering a PS3 era game to have PS3 era graphics

Attached: 1553715231635.gif (200x200, 1.33M)

>Graphics are an actual significant improvement
>Base game was already perfect

This is the first remaster I've seen that makes fucking sense.

>one of the best RPGs ever gets a remaster
>people who can't play it because they don't have a Switch and have no intentions of buying it are triggered
Gee, I wonder who they are.

One of my only complaints with the original XBC besides the graphics is the menus and it looks like they're fixing that in DE too. I'd also like it if they made it so the gem crafting system isn't pointless crap until postgame but that's not a real big deal.

The bottom one is the worst offender. Would be nice to have a side by side trailer comparison.

My pc can't emulate that shit and I just want dual audio bruv, don't hate me for it.

There are multiple on youtube already:
youtube.com/watch?v=c29yzUlWEEc

Attached: when you see some shit.png (1913x857, 1.36M)

Attached: anime boy vs anime girl.png (1919x860, 1.66M)

Wii SOULLESS

Switch SOUL

Game finally looks nice instead of the shitty ugly Wii crap

>Anime when studios were funded by bubble economy money and trying to push boundaries are better than anime funded by no money trying to save as much time as possible
You don't say

Will they keep the achievement for jumping off the mechonis and into the abyss? That legit made me laugh when I earned it.

Attached: 1554439237780.jpg (322x322, 14.61K)

XBC2 was the beginning of the end. Soulless mainstream anime artstyle, generic coomerbait character designs coupled with meme gacha shit.
XBC told a mature story with an appropriate artstyle. XBX gave us an amazing open world with some of the best exploration/freedom of any JRPG and FUCKING MECHS.
It really is saddening to see the state of this franchise now.

Attached: 2KHpce4.jpg (1280x720, 743.69K)

soul is synonymous with eye-cancerous.

Are you forgetting that different times of day exist?

it’s going to be peak reyn time again dudes

Attached: image.jpg (900x606, 565.7K)

I'm playing the 3DS version for the first time and everyone looks like a downs syndrome child

In cutscenes? I literally haven't played this.

Is the 3DS version a good port?

sorry for what?

To fit with XC2's artstyle

The origina's faces were weird looking in terms of style but they were also a lot more expressive than the new ones are.
It's like Trails EVO all over again.

spoilers abound friendo

to make it look better.

If you bother crafting good cylinders you can get perfect gems flawlessly

Well they completely failed then.

That's how they looked on the Wii too, the character models were the weakest part of this game

you cant do dramatic scenes with anime characters correctly, faces too generic to show that kind of expression.

i'm really fucking tired of these boring as fuck anime art styles

Attached: that doesn't sit right with me mad and disgusted musician.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Looks like trash, it looks better on dolphin with the HD textures mod. Imagine being 10 years late to the party and STILL being outdone by some fat loser running every texture in the game through some shitty photoshop filter.

Only by a month

Nintendo will never hire you, man.

they also reduced the clevage of the blonde girl too, not too much, but still, a bit.

No japanese audio and it looks even worse than the Wii, 3D is the only plus
There's no reason to bother with it when the remaster is coming in a few months

This is some GTA3 tier shit, how come FFX can do proper non flat animated faces on PS2 and the Wii can't?

Attached: derphurr.jpg (1848x928, 752.34K)

Most of the characters and robots look better but the color direction, especially for environments, looks worse than XB1 and XB2.

nobody cares for your tranny opinion

And that's a good thing, Nintendo only hires hacks.

Attached: xenoblade hd.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

>decent way through xenoblade
>wii stops reading disk
What's the best DIY solution to clean it? I'd rather not redo it all over again on dolphin.

X should have had the remaster with cut content added. I'm still holding out for X2 on the switch.
Best JRPG of the past decade (shame about the trash main story)

Why are you wasting time bashing a Wii game that's already being remastered? Even at the time everyone agreed the faces looked terrible anyway

The newer graphics make Shulk much younger, buts he’s still like 19 at the start of the game.

mod it and run from the hdd

>that literally soulless fan edited face on Shulk
OH NONONONONO

Can't wait to waste my day finding that dead frozen rat.
Fuck me, I wish they fix that. I don't want to experience it again.

X is the last Wii U game I'm waiting to be ported before officially considering the Wii U 100% worthless

Look at the absolute pain and despair in the first one. The remake really doesn't look as impactful

It is(was?) a pretty damn good emulation machine. Super easy to homebrew so you could play weird shit like Fatal Frame.

OLD = SOUL
NEW = SOULLESS

I never played the original and I am torn if I shoud just play that one (probably upscaled on Dolphin) or get the Definitive Edition...

>OLD = GOOD
>>NEW = BAD
>OLD = GOOD
>>NEW = BAD
>OLD = GOOD
>>NEW = BAD
>OLD = GOOD
>>NEW = BAD
>OLD = GOOD
>>NEW = BAD
>OLD = GOOD
>>NEW = BAD