HAHA I GET IT THE FINAL BOSS IS SO EASY BECAUSE IT REPRESENTS HOW FAR GWYN HAS FALLEN FROM GRACE

HAHA I GET IT THE FINAL BOSS IS SO EASY BECAUSE IT REPRESENTS HOW FAR GWYN HAS FALLEN FROM GRACE
VERY KINO TOMINO

Attached: 1555184678493.jpg (1280x720, 121.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soulslore.wikidot.com/das1-design-works#toc18
youtube.com/watch?v=nvQwJcH50TI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post favorite boss

Attached: 0924709.png (654x798, 586.32K)

if you suck at parrying like me and only roll, hes actually pretty challenging (assuming you didnt save solaire)

That's just fan cope.

Gwyn actually wasn't meant to be easy at all, and Miyazaki admitted parrying was a mistake.

soulslore.wikidot.com/das1-design-works#toc18

I thought he was sufficiently hard.

>DS2 and DS3 have actual boss fights at the end
>Everyone says they suck and continues to praise the Gwyn fight instead
Well, at least it's not True King Allant.

Parrying bosses was definitely a mistake in Bloodborne.

>scholar
>boss

sry, wrong pic

Manus is the real final boss of Dark Souls

>completely optional DLC
Cope.

Yeah it was so bad I wish the final boss had been another giant creature you have to run around and dodge and hit in the ankles, that's so much more engaging and immersive than a duel against a similar yet powerful foe.

Nashandra and Aldia are pushovers.

The sad part is that ds3 has an improved version of Gwyn's fight with an actual moveset.
And retards still think Gwyn is better.

>kicks you
KINO

It’s about the build up towards Gwyn and that atmosphere that makes him great.

I like the part where you walk into his fog door and he's just standing there suddenly ready to fight you, as if he's the first of several bosses you're going to encounter in this last dungeon, and then when you beat him the credits start rolling and you realize that he was the final boss.

>that infinite parry combo against orphan
>if you used it and killed him with it he just stood there even after the nightmare slain message
>just stands there, glaring his disappointment at you
At least Orphan's attacks had sufficiently narrow timings.

Attached: 1448409359496.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Of course he’s the final boss, the game practically told you “this is it”

>Gee, Good Hunter. How come your Doll lets you have TWO guns?
youtube.com/watch?v=nvQwJcH50TI

Juzo Mido

It told me it was the final area, but I was certain there'd be something even greater to fight after Gwyn, like perhaps Frampt. I didn't feel like he was hyped up as the absolute end all boss but rather one of the penultimate ones.

>True King Allant
if anything that's the boss that's actually intentionally weak for story reasons and isn't easy due to bugs. The true final boss of DeS is the False King

Then I don’t know what to tell you, betrayed by expectations I guess

>phase 2 starts
>Gwyn's theme kicks in
Pure fucking kino

>Worthless boss that adds nothing to the game that 90% of all players skip (Gaping Dragon)
>Gets a pre-boss cutscene
>Final boss of the game (Gwyn)
>Gets no cutscene
Explain

The lack of cutscene makes it more epic
No fancy introductions, you just walk in and start slapping ass

Ran out of time probably, although now that I think about it, it’s mostly the bigger bosses that get the cutscenes
>gaping dragon, centapide demon, Nito, Seathe

>easy
doing sl1 ng+ run really fucking sucked because of this asshole, it's because i suck at parrying him

>its not easy because I arbitrarily made it hard

No it makes it feel like he's not even significant enough to get a cutscene. It's the same issue with the Pontiff in 3.

It’s more like it’s not easy because he’s shit; don’t be so fucking defensive faggot

To be perfectly fair, even with my actual characters it's still hard to me. O&S, Artorias and Kalameet are all piss easy, yet i still struggle with Gwyn

Cope

Gwyn's actually pretty tough if you don't parry his ass

Cringe

If you're dogshit at parrying then wear heavier armor and use a heater shield. I'm shit at parrying but I was still easily able to beat him just standing still spamming it.

>tfw DaS1 pvp is dead

Attached: 1557573189536.png (592x734, 183.78K)

False King = Safer Sephiroth
True King = Victory Lap Shirtless Sephiroth

>that cinematic
>all those archers
>his theme song sounds like they're laughing at you
>first time fighting him I thought of rolling and healing instead of going after the archers
>when you go after the archers he's throwing soul arrows at you
Once you know the gimmick a boss like him is weak, but they make a damn great first impression when they actually fight unlike some giant bosses.
Good thing True King Allant is a joke because you can't level up after you beat all the archdemons.

Attached: 8234e1f57708faf0a53b58c05871c614.jpg (1599x1131, 131.92K)

based

based tomino

Gwyn is much more aggressive than the other bosses. He only became easy for me when I stopped being defensive and became aggressive to him too.

Even after he's gone, he's still there to fuck your day up.

i just out-poised him with a zweihander and giants armor

With pontiff its ironic even.
He is responsible for everything bad going on currently in 2 of the main kingdoms of the game, yet when you get to him its False King Allant tier moment of him just going REAWR

Attached: ponty.gif (307x450, 9.23K)

>Cheesing the game because you fucking suck
You cheated not only the game, but also yourself.

>king of all the gods, constantly mentioned
>go through his children to get to him
>Sun God, obviously top of the theology totem poll
>the entire FUCKING STORY IS ABOUT HOW HE FUCKED UP
>the entire dilemma of the game is about you re-doing the thing that he did
How the FUCK did you not realize that he was the final boss

Well for starters I didn't spend hundreds of hours watching youtubers disect the story before I played.
>N-no you don't understand, I actually read all the item descriptions for the lore the first time through! You didn't play the game right!
Sure you did.

They don't need an introduction. If you pay even the slightest bit of attention through the entire game you know exactly why you're fighting them, and why it's important.
Did you really want a dumb waste of time like in the Artorias fight where he just throws some dumb trash mob at you, or did you want a short monologue so that brainlets like you can catch up to what's going on?

True King Allant is just a victory lap, he's not the actual final boss. Gwyn is too easy because parrying is too op. Though you're a little faggot if you parry in Dark Souls

is it cheating if its part of the game mechanics designed by the developers and intended to be used?
if you want a game without poise, play ds3, which is balanced around that (no, hyperarmor isnt real poise).
doesnt make it any less shit, though...

What would a cutscene add to the Gwyn fight?

True King Allant is actual easy boss kino though

If you have to watch Youtubers to understand Gwyn's role in Dark Souls, you might actually be retarded.

>>N-no you don't understand, I actually read all the item descriptions for the lore the first time through! You didn't play the game right!
>"If I didn't have the inclination to read item descriptions and pay attention to detail then nobody did!"

Attached: 『DOWN UNDER』.png (386x495, 438.18K)

>giant fucking statues of him everywhere
>kill his son, get items from his daughter
>Frampt straight up fucking monologues to you about how important Gwyn is, even if you don't know he's lying to you
>G O D O F T H E S U N
>OPENING CINEMATIC OF THE GAME LITERALLY POINT BLANK TELLS YOU ALL OF THE MAJOR PLAYERS AND HE'S THE LAST ONE YOU GET TO DEAL WITH
I could understand not understanding whatever weird shit Pinwheel was doing with Nito or whatever, but not grasping that the old man fuck-up king was going to be the final boss makes you a fucking retard

So this is it; peak retarded.

What does saving Solaire change?

You get to summon him at the door of Gwyn's boss room

Not exactly, you'd be quite expected to foresee meeting the king as you progress the story but you don't really know in what capacity until you do. Like in the second game, for example.

This is the kind of thinking that made people say Manus was the Furtive Pygmy.