At what point is this game supposed to actually become challenging...

At what point is this game supposed to actually become challenging? I'm at the beginning of Act 4 playing as a barbarian and literally all I'm doing is holding the left and right mouse buttons and occasionally pressing the number keys to chug potions. I haven't died a single time so far. I guess the first 2 chapters were fun when you had to hunt down the shaman and mummy assholes to prevent them from raising more minions but after that the combat has been boring as fuck.

Attached: Diablo-2.jpg (260x370, 19.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Concentrate
diablo.gamepedia.com/Concentration_(Diablo_II)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hell. Even more so since you're playing the worst class.

maybe in hell difficulty. or if you play hardcore

when i was a kid i didnt bother with resistance gear so those shaman in act 3 were scary as hell.

It's literally impossible to beat act 4 in later difficulties with Barbarian

why?

I won't call Normal a tutorial, but it's meant to teach you the acts and get you somewhat geared up. Nightmare is when pissing and shitting your pants start to spike, then Hell is just an ass ramming.

Nightmare is when your build starts showing its flaws, but you can still get through.

Hell will stonewall you if you're not built properly.

You get fucked by Iron Maiden because the enemies use that a lot.

That has been patched out ages ago, the death knights no longer cast iron maiden.

far to little damage output. Also little problematic beating physical imune enemies. Obviously you have to use that one elemental damage attack

Oh well shit then.

He's exaggerating but barbarian and all melee characters tend to suffer from the low accuracy that no amount of DEX can save you. Having to get up close to the enemy will easily kill you in hell, especially if they have curse, any elem enchanted, multishot or lots of other mod.

Fuck off retard.

anyone else really dislike the 3 difficulty stages sort of thing diablo 2 has? I dislike replaying old content but with bigger numbers.

Don't forget the Hell Gloams and Tomb Vipers, it's an ancient fucking bug that has never been fixed, in Hell the player takes damage from their attacks every frame instead of just once, so in case of Gloams, you can at least absorb or resist some of their lightning damage, but the "Poison Bone Spear" skill Tomb Vipers use, counts as physical damage even though it leaves a poison cloud behind it and staying inside that cloud for even a split second is instant death because it causes you to take hundreds of physical damage instantly.

t. plebfiltered by nightmare
kek

When you stop playing and play the first game instead. Alternatively, use the /players x command. I personally found it just a slog to go through after playing the first game a couple of times.

>Poison Bone Spear
Now that is one absolute bullshit. How did they not fix this?

Attached: 1520255307580.jpg (471x353, 15.38K)

>barbarian
long before you reach hell difficulty
should've gone a caster

Just party with a Necro and he'll let you hork corpses with your favorite MF gear.

>Normal = casual mode
>NIghtmare = deep tutorial
>Hell = the actual mode you have to beat in order to claim you've beaten Diablo 2

Use Berserk retard.

I wish more enemies were dangerous like Gloams, dolls, and tomb vipers. When you start to get really geared up it becomes impossible to die to most enemies. Even your merc becomes a super god.

>hasn't died a single time
>playing barb
>we're supposed to believe he just left clicked duriel to death.

Why would you lie about something so petty? Are you that desperate for (you)'s?

>When you start to get really geared up
How "geared up" are we talking about here? Because those monsters in hell still hurt like a bitch.

I killed him by spamming concentrate and chugging potions.

Concentrate is a pally skill senpai.

diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Concentrate

the game was kind of built to be cycled through multiple times though, that's largely the point of loot games like Diablo

hopefully this isn't a controversial question, I haven't really played D2 much before now.

What's the best class or build to play? Is there generally considered a #1?

Attached: thinken.jpg (236x261, 15.76K)

Necromancer is babbies first class. The wall of minions helps learn the flow of the game. Necro is always competitive for farming shit but it becomes really slow on Hell difficulty.

Trapsin is probably the easiest.
The "best class" would depend what you're looking for.

Now I'm just confused.

diablo.gamepedia.com/Concentration_(Diablo_II)

I remember con on a pally, the image looks like the pally icons. I don't remember it at all on a barb. Regardless, you're not going to be killing duriel with left clicks any time soon. Frost aura slows you down to a crawl, unless you literally filled your entire inventory with health potions, in which case this goes back to you saying the game isn't hard.

for me it's sorceress

just chug like 20 thawing potions before entering his lair retard

user, Duriel is not THAT hard if you are at high level. Considering he's already 18 from using concentrate and the def bonus from the skill, he should be able to tank duriel just fine.

Diabolisme Intellectual

All I can tell you is that I only used the potions from my belt. I did have a two handed axe that froze him so he was slowed down during the entire fight. Also my companion (spear guy) survived the fight and helped me out quite a bit. Not sure if they usually survive.

being a while since I played this, so is there really a legendary loot drops feature in this game? like how u need to repeat farm to get specific loot?

pussy

Necro kills slowly in Hell at first, but once an enemy or two falls, you can clear the screen with Amp Damage and a round of Corpse Explosion.

Also, you can break the only immunity that matters to you on most mobs with Amp because it simply reduces Physical Resistance by 100.

Killing everything in The Pit or Worldstone Keep is pretty damn satisfying and the drops aren't bad, either.

Good question. I would say maybe 2 or 3 HR worth of gear. Even a sorc can get pretty tanky with that gear (like full tals, which is normally worth 1 HR) and a medium geared merc as back up.

The best class and build in the game is the hammerdin for PVM (PVE for diablo 2 nerds). It requires an expensive piece for optimal play (enigma) but that's it. You can slap anything on this guy after enigma and he destroys the whole game effortlessly. The hammerdin is SO good that people do players 8 botting with him all the time on BNET. A literal machine can play the hammerdin on the hardest difficulty of diablo 2 and do it effortlessly. The only build that comes close to this is a godly lightning sorceress.

i dont have an enigma yet so i use an ammy with tele charges

thanks for the info, I was considering either a Hammerdin or a Zealadin, but your post makes my decision easy

The zealer is great too, but he shares the same problem with almost every other physical damage dealer in that he hits a wall in hell without a good weapon, and he doesn't have the means to farm for a good one effectively. This is why most players start with a sorceress or a necromancer first to farm up to build other characters. The hammerdin can farm pretty well without enigma once you reach chaos sanctuary (use vigor).

it evens out with the item quality, it's a grindy game and pretty much based around your build and how items can make the best of it. If you are bored and you are playing LoD aim for the PE if you are looking for an extra challenge, there's a mod for SP that allows you to do the quests.

>how can we add some challenge?
>I know we will make enemies immortal to the players choice of damage! picked two choices! np have double immunity enemies xD

why is this defended?

Attached: 6554656.gif (398x432, 3.93M)

American media?
I don't want to become a tranny...

>why is this defended?
it isn't. it's the only flaw in an otherwise perfect, replayable, and timeless game

Normal is basically the tutorial
Nightmare is easy mode, easier than Normal, but it's also where you start farming your gear.
The actual game starts in Hell.

Runewords ruined D2, change my mind.

Diablo games are meant to be fun. Not challenging. The kind of difficulty that comes in diablo is not fun at all. It's just a bunch of overleveled monsters bearing down on you.

Duriel is like 75% cold damage. If you stack up to 85% cold resistance, which isn't difficult, then he becomes a pushover.

Because otherwise the sorceress is even more wildly overpowered, and without immunities hybrids might as well not exist. Every character has easy ways to work around immunities, aside from the sorceress, which forces you into either going full-power one element, or choosing reasonable-power two element (even splitting your skill points in half, the sorceress is STILL doing some of the highest DPS in the game).

>why is this defended?
It forces you to do one of several things:
Hire a mercenary that deals a third type of damage.
Play with others for the same reason you'd hire a merc, except it goes faster.
Find or craft an item to debuff the enemy and break the immunity.
Avoid the enemy entirely.

gotcha, so it makes sense to build a "farm" character first, in order to gear up the other character's builds you want to run afterwards?

is it still viable to go druid and just get a billion crows to peck at people while you amble around the field looting bodies

Runewords are fine for the most part, stuff like Malice, Stealth, Steel, Holy Thunder, Passion, Strength, Sanctuary and Black give you good fairly guaranteed intermediaries that can carry you through the early game or provide specialized benefits that you won't get anywhere else. But the overpowered ones are kind of lame in that they completely outplay perfectly rolled rares/uniques, stuff like Grief, Breath of the Dying, Fortitude, Enigma and Heart of the Oak; but these are at least somewhat acceptable in that it is incredibly time consuming to produce them, so you will still likely use high end rares/uniques/sets before you get them. And then you have the gigacancer, stuff like Spirit, Insight, Obedience and White which are somehow simultaneously the most powerful items in the game for their respective purposes while also being incredibly cheap to make. Overall, I'd say runewords were a great addition to the game, with even the overpowered ones being fine for the autistic grinder types but everything within the gigacancer tier needs to be permanently erased.

Correct. The more champions/uniques/bosses you can quickly kill with a modest Magic Find %, the better. Sorcs are good for teleporting past crowds and quickly getting to the boss drops, Necros are good for clearing out everything between the WP and boss for more drop potential.

Runewords made D2 interesting, change my mind.

Not without modding. To make it viable for Hell, you'd have to make it so the summon limit is uncapped, set the AI delay to 1 frame, increase their movement speed and increase the damage by 10x. Past normal difficulty, vanilla ravens are only useful for blinding enemies.

cool, thanks again user. Guess I'll start out with a sorc. Is blizz the best farm build to go with?

Yes, make a meteorb sorceress and easily get through Hell, farm gear for all other classes including the sorceress, and switch to blizzard.