Mana Series thread

The Demo for Trials of Mana remake is out on pretty much everything.

The Translation and subtitles for Charlotte is fucking tewwibowe.

Attached: tewwibowe.png (1277x716, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/preview/2019/06/11/decades-in-the-making
youtube.com/watch?v=_HRzKkD20YM
youtube.com/watch?v=v-wpOxKgchw
youtube.com/watch?v=2FCY3-cMX0w&list=PLVDDl9QjMbTKH9_ldpS141l7glMuwJQUQ&index=4
store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/282609/dawn-of-mana-ps2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

never played the Mana series (or whatever it's called) and i'm downloading the demo as i write this out of curiosity.
if i like it, are there any other games from the series that i should REALLY check out before the others ?

>Duran / Angela / Charlotte
Very classic party, that's reminiscent of the party is SoM. You can put them all in paths you fency, but I can recommend taking either Duran or Charlotte down the light/light path for holy saber. The secret boss is weak to holy, and that is a really fucking hard fight. In generell you want any kind of saber spell because he will cast dark saber on your party so you heal them.

>Hawkeye / Riesz / Angela
My favorite party in the game. Has no healing, but buffs and debuffs to exploit Angelas strong magic. Put Angela down the dark path for stronger spells.

>Kevin / Charlotte / Riesz
Whatever you do, make one of the light classes of Charlotte. Kevin/Charlotte path has almost only dark type enemies, and Charlotte destroys them. Light/light is stronger on normal enemies, while light/dark is completely overpowered against single enemies and the last boss.
With Riesz you can buff Kevin even more so he gets to destroy everything.
As an alternative to Riesz I can recommend Duran. Light/light Kevin learns aura wave which instantly fills the tech gauge, while dark/dark Duran has the strongest tech in the game and the highest Str. This leads to some hilarious cheesy fights.

Reminder that all this relies on my knowledge of the original. The remake probably is very different balance wise, though the general use of classes should stay the same.

just secret of mana

The SNES version of Trials Of Mana

No one even knows if the secret boss will only be for Duran path.

Really wish I could turn the waypoints off.

CHAOS

Attached: Seiken-Densetsu-3-Trials-of-Mana_2020_03-17-20_008.jpg (607x965, 101.2K)

When's it coming out?

True, especially because of the new endgame content eveything could be different powerwise now. Any party speculation I can make right now can only be based on the original and up to the last boss.

But with how faithful the remake is so far I can imagine the dark rabite still staying Duran/Angela route only, even if I would like it to be different.

With this fucker returning, is he meant to tease a possible Legend remake?

Is he anywhere in the demo?

Attached: lilcatcus.png (1061x594, 1.46M)

> Get the cutest girl as the main character (Angela)
>Screeches like a fucking pig every time it jumps

What the fuck guys

Attached: KEKW.jpg (250x243, 5.45K)

Each of the games are separate with a common lore (Mana Tree, Sword of Mana, the different spirits, etc). Final Fantasy Adventure is the first game, then Secret of Mana, this one is next, then Legend of Mana. The rest of the Mana games frankly aren't worth it because they really fuck up the franchise after Legend. Legend of Mana is fucking crazy and probably one of my favorite games. It's gorgeous and extremely complex. You can engage your autism with some very deep gameplay systems (monster raising, item crafting, spell crafting, weapon skills, golem crafting, farming) and you control the flow of the game by placing different object on a map which can effect what events you get and the ending.

Attached: 110-127[1].png (640x448, 132.08K)

Is really faithful if they adding new jobs?

Did they make Kevin talk like a retard like they did in SNES translation?

Fuck that boss in Legend. He's even harder then the fucking Arc Final Boss.

>Legends
>complex
Not even. Only thing good about legends are the music and graphics.

I'm the only person who plays with Hawkeye/Kevin/Charlotte, aren't I?

It's Squeenix, what else would you expect?

Attached: this is what we should do for a character sometimes saying nano desu.jpg (512x288, 30.89K)

I never found him in my demo playthrough.

Square likes to make kids talk like that.

Attached: 15151461145614.jpg (898x686, 172.79K)

It was pretty fun, but I'm not sure about that price. I haven't finished the demo though, maybe it'll change my mind.
Can't imagine how she sounds in English.

>Lumina's voice
What in the good god golly FUCK

Attached: 1309995301405.jpg (394x363, 17.37K)

As far as I'm understanding it, the new jobs are for the new postgame content. Everything I've seen and played so far is extremely faithful

Never tried it, but sounds like a good party. None of the characters overlap in what they can do, and the party is probably able to put out some serious physical damage

>In over 20 years square's localisation team hasn't learnt how to make children speak in a childish manner without giving them speech impediments

>My favorite party in the game. Has no healing, but buffs and debuffs to exploit Angelas strong magic. Put Angela down the dark path for stronger spells.
It's not like you'd need healing magic with how many items the game throws at you.

Legend of Mana is the best looking game ever, has an amazing soundtrack from the same person who did the Kingdom Hearts OST but believe it or not it's better than Kingdom Hearts' OST, and it's filled with autistic systems like a pet raising system, a golem creation system, tempering, etc. all of which you'd have to read huge ass guides and follow tables to understand. It would be the perfect game if the combat wasn't shit. If you can tolerate the combat you'll love the game.

Attached: 1518994081577.gif (640x448, 1.54M)

>Enemies do so little damage on normal that you'd need to just stand still for five minutes to die at all
>There are two difficulties that are easier than this

Attached: 1281703374954.png (429x410, 10.97K)

I can't find the interview link, but one with the Producer said they want to do either a Legends remake or a new game about the origins of the Mana Tree if Trials sells well.

Suggest the other 2 party members.
Kevin is a must

Oh god, I forgot how fucking awful it was listening to that piece of shit.

>Listening to dubs ever
You bring this upon yourself.

the combat is disappointingly shit
idk wtf they were thinking

Of course. He's also smarter than Riesz and Charlotte.

Wait Legend gets harder later on? It was so braindead easy in the 5 or so hours I played I dropped it.

gameinformer.com/preview/2019/06/11/decades-in-the-making Found it
>10. The producers want to remake the entire series eventually, so there may be something for Legend of Mana if Trials of Mana sells well. They also want to eventually make new Mana games that channel the series' origins better.

If you abuse the crafting system (which is really easy) the entire game is a joke.

So I know there's character pairings that have unique playthrough quirks but does it matter if I pick the one as my second companion? Specifically if I pick Kevin as my main but pick Charlotte third instead of second would it matter?

Riesz and Charlotte for a buff the Kevin party.
Duran and Hawk for a physical bro party.

Imagine a Legend remake with the autistic systems intact but fixing the combat. Damn.
A new game would be nice too.

The beginning is a cake walk. As I recall, there's a fucking huge difficulty spike around the second or third elemental. No idea if it will be like that in the remake.

Pet, Golem, weapons, all that shit you could do is fucking useless in the game. Legend lacks any fucking story too and don't try to say those side quests IS the story because it isn't. Your character just the npc who does stuff with no meaning. Combat is total trash because it's easily broken. Let's not even talk about how magic is useless. Honestly don't know why people praise Legends so much.

Not really, they'll comment when something related to their story happens

youtube.com/watch?v=_HRzKkD20YM

Don't mind me, I'm just the best song in the whole Mana Series.

>Not Meridian Dance
youtube.com/watch?v=v-wpOxKgchw

believe it or not there are actually two remakes of Final fantasy adventure. the first one is pretty shit and takes too much from secret of Mama's crap battle system. pic related is an excellent remake that stays faithful to the original in all ways that matter and improves on the rest. the ost is basically the same tunes as the original but as if they were made for a Ys game.

Attached: seiken-densetsu-gaiden-1jpg-9b386c.jpg (1800x1800, 722.1K)

There's a main plot, but it's divided into 3 different main arcs. and even before you can get to those arcs, you need to go through some intro level quests that set up the world. It's like if you just watched the first season of ARIA with easygoing slice-of-life hijinxs but then all of a sudden some fucker from the Underworld says "Fuck you, it's time for PLOT" At the start of the second season and shit then gets real.

>not Domina's theme

>Legend of Mana and Aria
I really like you, user

>believe it or not
>be me, follow everything Mana related
>Knew Final Fantasy Adventure remake was in the works because of interviews
>Also knew SoM and SD3 were going to happen because of interviews and FFA sales

I'm so fucking happy Mana is back, I wish it was still Square's main action RPG series like it was back in the SNES and PS1 days. Kingdom Hearts isn't as good.

Not a fan of the low difficulty. I literally spammed the A button throughout the entire demo on Hard and it was a joke. I know it’s a demo, but there doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot of depth to the combat. Love HACCAN’s beautiful art style, though, so I’ll probably still buy it just to jerk off.

Played the demo.
I enjoyed what i got to see of the combat.
Depending on what they do with it it could end up being quite fun.
But why is the game piss easy even on hard?
I mean at least enemies don't become damage sponges so that's good, but i don't seem to take much damage either.

First time playing through Legend of Mana I was actually reminded of ARIA of how laid back and wacky some of the intro quests were, like how someone tried to take over Domina WITH PUMPKINS OF ALL THINGS.

But then all of a sudden I stumbled onto the Underworld and Larc appeared and said "Fuck you, it's time for actual serious plot now."

>faithful to the original in all ways
You didn't forget about palm trees and 8, right user?

Attached: Screenshot_2016-09-23-02-38-47.png (1024x600, 654.15K)

The difficulty might ramp up later. Hand Axes from the Goblins were actually threatening, and poison still fucking hurts. Rabites and the like are intentionally piss easy.
Full metal Hugger also was never hard, he is mostly stationary.

dunno breh those hand axes hit for like 7 damage

They can stagger you into other hits from other monsters. Again they do feel threatening,and you know we're going to get shit on by Ludger and Bill/Ben eventually.

This game has a really weird ugly look.
Everything looks like clay.
In some areas it's worse and in others better, but my first demo playthrough was with the hawkeye dude and everything in his sand town looked ugly as sin. especially brick walls and shit look really jarring, i can't put my finger on what exactly makes it look so bad.

the fairy girl on the other hand looks super cute and high budget so idk what's going on

Has a game journalist called hard mode of the demo Dark Souls yet?

I can't choose a party

Man, I'm happy this game got remade, but I wish the combat didn't feel so goddamn floaty. The demo stopping right after the first boss doesn't help either.
Also the dub is really shitty, even putting Charlotte aside.

They're very clearly putting way more effort into the character models than the environment. This game unfortunately doesn't seem to have a very big budget.

Faerie's ears look like vestigial hands growing out of her skull. It's nightmarish.

It's the exact same script, word for word.

You can tinker with almost everything and devote a lot of time crafting shit, raising your monsters, creating golems, figuring out the optimum piece placement to trigger events. It's an extremely complex game. What are you talking about?

user that isn't even LoM's best song, its just the most comfy. Here is LoM's best song.
youtube.com/watch?v=2FCY3-cMX0w&list=PLVDDl9QjMbTKH9_ldpS141l7glMuwJQUQ&index=4

Why is everyone in the Faerie Arc in Legend of Mana a goddamn fucking idiot? It's almost like killing them all is a SERVICE to the world.

Not liking the combat and the game looks kind of cheap
Also the writing is pretty bad

It feels like i'm playing a PS2 game, which I guess is a step above the previous remakes feeling like mobile titles. The combat's way unbalanced though, you can just pivot out of the way of attacks on a dime and then combo enemies way too easily.

probably gonna get hate from fans but i'm not digging the soundtrack of this remake.
every song loops after like 15 seconds which is way too short for an endless loop in my opinion.
music that's gonna loop should last at least 1 minute per cycle. and these sound fonts used in the soundtrack aren't really helping, it sounds quite barren

>Just be careful if you decide to play on Hard difficulty: You'll quickly find yourself getting juggled by hand axes while poison whittles away your shockingly low HP. We recommend playing on Normal unless you're ready for the Dark Souls of 3D Mana-series SNES ARPG Remake Demos.

This is going to be the third best JRPG in this gen when it comes out right behind Dragon Quest XI, the second best, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the best JRPG ever made.
I'm not being ironic. Name a game with better exploration and world building than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - you can't. Now add to that the best video game soundtrack ever composed, god-tier art direction, a compelling story and an exciting battle system that, even if it gets repetitive later on, always makes you feel amazing when you finish all combos.
XC2 is the peak of gaming. Nia is the cutest character ever created too.

I can do anythwing

i like the combat (or what it promises to be) but yea the writing is bad, i'm unable to get invested in any of it. the sword dude literally goes on a journey to switch classes (lol) and the sand-dude gets framed in an awfully tropey and cliche jrpg way. granted, the mana series has shaped some of these tropes but it's so fucking boring.

I didn't even realize there was a hard setting, can you change the difficulty after starting the game?

>Name a game with better exploration and world building than Xenoblade Chronicles 2
...xenoblade chronicles

>Pig
It's a monkey screech. Though logically since the Japanese va goes "kyaa" it's probably meant to be "eek" but the Murrican va botches it.

Attached: 435435435435435.jpg (1024x576, 121.82K)

IF THEY REMAKE LEGEND OF MANA THEY BETTER DO WATER COLOR ESQ CELL SHADING

ALSO TIER 4 CLASSES IN SD3 IS FUCKING DUMB

AND IM PISSED THEY LOCALIZED WANDERER AS NOMAD

I never played or heard about this series but I just tried the Demo on Steam and I really liked what I saw, pretty excited for the full game now

Give me some good party combinations

Did anyone notice they tried really hard to keep the designs of the original? They even modeled the trees the same. I thought that was pretty cool.

Attached: som2shot09-60234[1].png (1024x888, 279.56K)

XC2 isn't as good as XC1 or XCX

I started with Riesz and the entire thing with her brother just irritated me
I couldn't even feel bad after the invasion because I don't know anything about any of the other people

Fuck that imagine a Dawn remake

>Putting XBC2 on such a ridiculously high pedestal

I have never seen a legitimately shitty game praised so highly in my life.

>Name a game with better exploration and world building than Xenoblade Chronicles 2
The first Xenoblade, which is getting a remake possibly releasing this year.

The wind girl was even worse. Why would you give this little child the key that can fuck up everything in the country? Also not giving him any bodyguard at all. But yeah the combat is pretty okay.

you can still buy a copy

store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/282609/dawn-of-mana-ps2

Attached: 1521693847132.jpg (359x347, 23.15K)

It's a really strange remake. The areas and design are almost 1:1 besides slight liberties for better flow with the new camera, but the speedier combat makes it feel like you're breaking the game over your knee or something.

Kinda a bad shot since it's so dark but you can see the similarities.

Attached: Trials-of-Mana-Treehouse_06-12-19_Top[1].jpg (600x337, 88.57K)

Yeah I would really just rather have a new game in this style.

I have never seen so many journocucks and faggots be turned off from a great game. Which on are you?

It being the worst of the 3 Blade games doesn't mean much when they're all good games.

no one knows the meta of the new game yet beacuse there is a new tier of classes and spells are learned in a very different way.

that being said play whatever the fuck you want, bringing the cleric dosent matter as much with new item limits and both sword boy and wolf boy get healing spells lightside

i want to have sexual relations with this woman

Attached: 1583482711765.jpg (1660x933, 252.71K)

I don't know what the fuck am I doing so I chose the thief dude, the spear girl and the knight.

old hag

The combat feels like it could be fun if enemies did more damage and were more aggressive with skills/spells. Especially since you'd have to be vigilant about swapping characters to dodge shit.

>jumping up and down with her dub voice
BLUP BLUP EEEK BLUUP EEEK BLUUP

Attached: buymygame.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

>you can actually play or skip the 2nd and 3rd member's backstories at your discretion instead of having to do entirely new playthroughs to get them in-depth
curious but not bad

terrible

I hope this game sells well, but I worry that they'releasing it so close to Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Plus the price is kinda high for a relatively low budget game.

>Put Angela down the dark path for stronger spells.
But why? It's weaker for MOST of the game than going down the light path. It's only at the very end that it's marginally stronger.

It wouldn't surprise me if the developers wanted it to be as close to the original as possible in most areas. A lot of people like it.

Attached: Untitled.png (594x2236, 136.95K)

okay we all know that xenoblade 2 dude is just shitposting but i legitimately think that the original Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best JRPGs despite the slow skill progression that exponentially speeds up as you progress in the game (more and more skills and shorter and shorter cooldowns) and the awful side quests that are really nothing but padding.

Even on hard the enemies do very little damage, and easy to dodge all their abilities. Hopefully there will be a big spike after the first couple of bosses. First boss was a joke. All I did was stand behind him and hack away.

these faggets need to be lynched, thank god that we have coronavirus

I guess so. I mean Angelas different class choices are pretty much the least impactful anyway, as she will do the same in all classes

Seiken Densetsu 3 fans are rabid min-maxers. If you aren't perfecting the meta game, you're DOING IT WRONG.