This game is great, it's like 8.5/10, but every time I've seen anyone on Yas Forums discuss it...

This game is great, it's like 8.5/10, but every time I've seen anyone on Yas Forums discuss it, they told me it was shit. Why is this? is this website deliberately and intentionally contrarian? Or do you all just have shit taste?

Attached: implying you can trust v.jpg (448x252, 25.42K)

>is this website deliberately and intentionally contrarian?

Yes, but this game is objectively bad.

I can't be the only one who reads this title as tranny every time right

It has flaws sure, but objectively bad? Why do you say that?

you've been brainwashed by memes and shitposting, no one else has trannies on the brain all the time.

>everyone thinks the game is shit
>op thinks its good

its seems youre the contrarian user

You are the one with the shit taste

It could have been great but it ends very abruptly. There's also a spammer with an agenda against obsidian who literally creates threads with bots that replicate discussions that shit on obsidian.

The title is a play on the word "Tranny"

Attached: 1579200000938.png (382x491, 123.75K)

I'm sure it's a 8.5 if you're have shit taste and love trash.
To everyone else it was just that, though.

Metascore: 80
User score: 78
Steam rating: Very positive
Yas Forums: It's shit

It was alright. Some neat ideas but lacking in depth.

Attached: 1578295012728.png (946x696, 199.4K)

Don't bother justifying your opinion or anything, user. Just post and then hop over to another thread.

lets discard metascore, user score and steam ratings because if they meant anything, you wouldnt be here making this shit thread would you?

so lets see
>Yas Forums: It's shit

hmm interesting I believe that corroborates my previous statement
the game is shit, you have shit taste and youre a contrarian

Tyros is literally a they/them and it's full of pozzed shit

Don't bother justifying your opinion or anything, user. Just post and then hop over to another thread.

Fuck off faggot, people praise this game in every thread about it. It's worth playing, and it sucks, it's not a fucking 8. You just can't stand hearing something you like be criticized.

The magic system is really good and the premise is interesting and largely stays true to it (ie. even the "good" path is filled with dark grey moral choices). The story and lore behind it are also very intriguing.
The game suffers from the same issue a lot of Obsidian games do, a lackluster last act that ultimately ends abruptly.

The combat fucking sucks. Plus the Choir is retarded.

It’s not bad, the magic crafting system is comfy. But it seemed kinda rushed or whatever. The companion missions were tacked on as dlc and the edicts didn’t really seem consequencial. I guess you could have felt more powerful which would have been cool. I think 8.5/10 is pretty fair.

Everything about the game screamed "lit major unable to find real work", with entry-level pseudo-philosophical nonsense like out of a particularly bad anime. Some of the most boring, one-dimensional followers of any game I have ever played and a story which never goes anywhere and ends abruptly with a slideshow, as if the writers got bored and decided to wrap up 60% into it.
The way the majority of the game was written was absolutely abhorrently bad and bordering on unreadable, with passages you would think was in jest just to see what they could get away with. But unfortunately it was just a case of the writers not being able to deliver anything better. The writing would have been better suited to a Twilight Saga spin-off or a fanfic.net story than a video game.

The world was equally boring, uninspiring and dull as the characters. It did not feel real, or lived in. It felt artificial with the depth of a Saturday morning cartoon show from the 80's. The NPC's in particular were so boring that you seemed to encounter the same gruff female soldier who constantly spat everywhere two or three times, but try tried passing it off as different characters each time. And the artwork, even if everything else could be forgiven as incompetence and inexperience, the artwork was so bad it was actually offensive. It clearly wanted to go for the same stylized look as Dragon Age, but ended up looking like oversimplified graffiti pictograms with unfitting, cartoonish colors. Juxtaposed with much more traditional art for some of the portraits, the different art styles never once meshed and created visual dissonance which made it even harder to get into the game.

And I tried, but there was nothing to get excited about. Regardless if your choices you got railroaded towards the same ultimate ending which was then resolved entirely by aforementioned slideshow, which ended the game just as poorly as it began it. All in all it was an experience that never became enjoyable.

Attached: Tyranny and the quirky sense of humor.png (400x507, 211.41K)

I thought the part where the mental guy literally shits in his armor suit a bit ridiculous. Who wrote that? why would you want a smell doo doo man around you?

Do I need the DLC?

I won't comment on the game at all because I haven't played it(I know Yas Forums, that's a really insane concept. But try it for fucking once) but in my book a metascore below 85 and a user score below 95 (the latter being more important) is shit

bad writing and rtwp game with party of only 4

premise is the only good thing but it’s completely wasted after the first act

DLC ending is the only non-retarded one.

First step of becoming hardcore: learning to ignore what the game journos think.

Thanks user.

Tyranny?
More like tranny

Attached: 123235465566.jpg (1000x1000, 123.18K)

The followers that weren't flat-out annoying were walking jokes.

Its good but ends abruptly. the dlc doesnt even help in smoothing out the game, its just tacked on content to a game that already feels very segmented- in that respect the dlc was actually not bad. Overall it was a decent game that didnt meet expectations, compounded with how interesting the world was- it felt liked a missed opportunity to have one of the greatest isometric rpgs of all time, instead we get a railroaded little tidbit of a game. It honestly felt like a shitter alpha protocol in terms of structure.

I second this

Because it is shit

>opportunity to have one of the greatest isometric rpgs of all time
That's downright insulting to every company that has ever given a shit about their product, unlike Obsidian.

>Why is this?
It's shit.
>is this website deliberately and intentionally contrarian?
Yes.
>Or do you all just have shit taste?
Yes.

Its shit user, the story is nonsensical, the combat is rigid and boring, the character are all human toilets except for the singing girl and MC. The only reason I even finished this game was because maybe I would be proven wrong in the next act and you know what I got? A fucking stupid unfinished ending. PoE > garbage > shit > tyranny. At least with PoE the combat was fun with the meme builds. Loved my solo battle wizard on that game.

>muh review score

eat shit

Attached: 381.jpg (680x602, 78.06K)

Every time thete's an Obsidian thread without the mentally ill spammer which mods for some reason let shit up the board the threads are much nicer.

>part of the "Scarlet Chorus" who have taken the absurdly dumb idea of fighting being like singing and based their entire culture around it
>her name is "Verse", a metrical structure in musical compositions.
>she plays by no-one's rules but her own and is a strong independent female who needs no commander
>she's ALSO part of an ultra-elite all-female combat force called the "Scarlet Furies" (The furies were Greek goddesses of revenge known for their screeching. You see how very clever that is, apart from using a ancient Greek term for no reason?)
>she's "mad" and super-duper quirky yet an amazing fighter as far as the game tells you
>she has a typical mid 2010's dyed sidecut/mohawk
>she has heterochromia in her eyes for absolutely no reason which makes her truly special and unique, and it was important for the writers to have this feature in the game artwork

Someone was paid to write this.

Attached: shitty tyranny grafitti.jpg (1500x844, 358.19K)

Every time lmao

People expected to go into the game as Judge Dredd, and were left pretty disappointed understandably with the ingame options. The two Archons at the start bickering like children when you're supposed to be the voice of God itself also leaves an early bad taste in most mouths, especially since you can't force them to compromise no matter how high your skillchecks are.

Even if the story outside of the renegade route sucks, the magic system is some of the most fun I've ever messed with in a CRPG once your Lore is high enough to make wacky shit.

i tried to play it but couldn't get through the massive walls of wikipedia-like text and hyperlinks
the writers didn't even try to make it interesting, they just shat half-baked lore out all over my screen and I got through the area and realized I didn't actually like any of this.
>you're a total badass general who led a successful campaign and the Overlord herself sent you to resolve issues with some Green Man and Blue Man
>except for you get your ass whupped by one random nobody foe in the tutorial battle
that sort of shit always destroys my immersion, too.

>Why is this? is this website deliberately and intentionally contrarian? Or do you all just have shit taste?
user it's RTwP shit, it needs to be an 11/10 game to make up for the RTwP shit like Baldur's Gate.

I didn't know obsidiots still existed in this decade

story's incomplete

You've been brainwashed by this echo chamber

Alpha Protocol had ending where almost every on of your major choices came back into play.

Tyranny is nowhere near that level of good.

The Scarlet Chorus are pure cringe, yes, but I like that the heterochromia was used to foreshadow her relationship with Best Tincan

What about the Age of Decadence?
It gets barely any attention

What about Age of Decadence?

It definitely had a ring of "SJW" culture to it. Also it's biggest thematic punch that they hung their hat on was just a bad rehash of The Black Company novels particularly the first

Attached: LOL.png (600x411, 425K)

>objectively
Opinion discarded

It's fucking hilarious how they had women marrying women in a game set in a fucking iron age.

Also, men being forbidden from inheriting land because they're meant to go out and explore. Good on them for being so "progressive"

Strategists dont have to be phisicaly strong

When you can singlehandedly assassinate the leaders of a city in one night, yes.

I did not like a single thing about the combat

I want to briefly talk about the composition and how the incredibly bad design behind it reflects on the entire game as a whole.

Look at the four heads. The one furthest to the right starts small, then the next in line towards the left is larger, followed by an even larger one. However the fourth one, that of the woman, is suddenly smaller than the others, yet flanks the largest head. This is because the artist (and I use the term in its loosest possible definition) realized that if she continued to draw the last head in comparative size of the others, it would be ridiculously large due to the helmet that makes up over 80% of the head.

However, she did not begin by drawing the small head first, as the others would have obstructed the view of the helmet. The realization that no matter what she did, the end result would look inept only came when it was too late to make any changes, so the final head was simply tacked on with no rhyme or reason, disturbing the sequential order and forcing the eye of the viewer to look from left to right.

This kind of thing, in any other medium, would be inexcusably bad design and unacceptable for something like a game cover, which has the chief purpose of selling the game to people who might only take a single glance. The composition is a complete failure, and beyond that the picture itself is just daft. It's probably one of the most obtuse, nonsensical ways of presenting a game in modern times, because four random heads does not tell the potential buyer anything, and the poor execution does not incite any wish to learn who they are (and despite having played it to the end, I have absolutely no idea who the leftmost character is. That's how memorable it was).

I liked it better than Pillars, but it's obvious that the conclusion was severely rushed. Arguing Law with Tunon was pretty great, though

Oh please, that conversation was retarded if you had maximum wrath with him. He's just a puppet who goes with whatever makes him feel good.

I found the game's economy to be well balanced, the only one I can remember in recent memory where it remained a consideration through the entire run time.