I’m planning on buying a gaming pc, how’s this for my first one?

I’m planning on buying a gaming pc, how’s this for my first one?

Attached: AB7A17AB-8507-4DB1-AABB-29AD4D2B577E.png (828x1792, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/guide/G4V323/modest-amd-gaming-build
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the 2600 is pointless now that the 1600 AF exists

Bump

nah fuck off mate go FRIDGE or go home

Attached: Define R6 USB-C.png (700x700, 313.42K)

Nice frugal, modest build. Everything in moderation, I say.

I would drop the hard drive and just get a bigger SSD unless you're planning on only using that hard drive to store pictures, movies, music, etc. You could also change that power supply to a bronze one that is at least semi-modular, gold isn't that much of a difference in comparison. If you don't like the case you could also switch that out. Also I would advise getting a third party CPU cooler, the one that comes with the processor is fine, but a third party one will do better and they won't cost you much.

Either get 1600 AF or 3600

First, why do you want a gaming PC? Why not wait for the next generation of consoles?

What’s the difference between the two?

nice try phil spencer.

>Buying a prebuilt that doesn't include RAM, storage, cooling or a PSU

It's a solid build for 1080p, depending on how tight your budget is you could bump the CPU and GPU up to better alternatives

based retard
pcpartpicker.com/guide/G4V323/modest-amd-gaming-build

you literally dont need any of those parts though?????

NOT AGAIN

>buying a pc right now
just wait

Attached: 735935.jpg (500x500, 25.97K)

The 1600 af is practically a 2600 for way less money. They rebranded the 1600 because they don't make it anymore.

Unironically this, Nvidia's doing an online conference in two weeks and there's a good chance they're gonna reveal the 3000 series.

They are very similar for the most part. The 1600 runs at lower speeds out of the box (but can be overclocked so this doesn't matter) and is much cheaper

And? That doesn't mean any of their goddamn prices will move. 3060 is probably going to cost $500.

Getting a new rig is the worst thing you can do right before next gen consoles. Wait till after they're released.

i dont think consumers are going to be spending over 300 for a midrange gpu any time soon.

High end PCs are a meme a budget PC is better because most of the shit you will play won't demand that much anyways.

With crypto going down the shitter right now, anyone got a guess on whether or not GPU prices will start to decrease any time soon? Or are the GPU jews just going to pretend as if this is now the normal price?

Don't kid yourself. The crypto rush stopped years ago, they've been pretending it was the norm for the longest time now.

You want at least a Ryzen 3600.
Ryzen 3xxx is a signifncant boost in games over Ryzen 2xxx. Makes it much more viable to upgrade the GPU 4 years in the future and not run into CPU bottleneck.

Just go for the i9 9900k for fuck sake.

Ok so keep everything the same but just get the 3600?

3600 is 19% faster than 2600 but only ~50 bucks more expensive.
i9-9900k is 14% faster than 3600 but ~350 bucks more expensive AND requires more expensive motherboards.

One of these upgrades is worth the money. The other isn't.

*performance numbers based on 4-thread benchmark on userbenchmark, which is the figure most relevant to games.

This is a legitimate and important question. Many invest in a gaming PC for the superior graphics but now is not the time to do that if you are on a $800 budget. I'm hoping OP has other reasons.

Better quality motherboard will help you in the long run. i9 is simply superior for vidya. Simple as.

AMD requires more expensive RAM for ideal gaming.

Dude how is 800$ not enough for a good pc? I’m not trying to spend 2 fucking k on vidya

Welcome to the world of PC gaming. You got meme'd on.

absolutely necessary to get a cpu cooler, I would opt for a larger case and use a Noctua (which is huge) so you can keep the heat very low. that's what's going to keep your chip running solid for 10 years even with some moderate (occassional) overclocking. heat management is key to a pc, unless you just don't care and will replace it all within 2-3 years. I'd rather be on the safe side.

Wait until the next console gen. Seriously.

The next console gen will last for 5-10 years, and will be the MINIMUM for almost all vidya released during that time period. If your PC can match or outperform those consoles, you have a PC for 5-10 years and possibly longer.

Just hold off for one year.

usually you'd spend around 1200 the first time due to having to buy a case, fans, cooling, HDD/SSD and various other components. Then you just upgrade your mobo, memory, cpu and gpu which is around 800. That's for mid-high end builds, you could ofc go cheaper, 800 will get you the full package that will compete with PS5 right now. but if you invest now, next time it won't cost as much since you'll just be upgrading compents as you can.

That PC is good for 1080p gaming at 60 fps, you might have to lower the settings with on a few games that released in 2018-2019 but that's a good PC

also this

Wait for the next console gen to announce specs officially unless if you need a PC this moment for work and it'll double for your gaming needs.

Let's be honest, next gen consoles will match performance of today's mid-range pc's. There's no fucking way that you actually believe the whole "4k 144fps raytracing" thing, right?

That's still less than a damn 9900k.

That's my point. The next consoles will have better graphics than a $800 PC and will cost less. There are many reasons one could have to prefer a budget PC over a next-gen but graphics isn't one of them.

xbox one x specs are roughly equivalent to a $1400 PC. That's not midrange.

*Xbox Series X
Holy shit Microsoft is bad at naming consoles

That looks like a solid build.
At least you're not like that retard asking about one trash prebuild for 10 hours in the thread we just had.

Um...that was me

Well...
You learned something then, I guess?
Did you figure out how to "get more RAM" yet?

He might be needing a new computer anyways and figures he might as well get a gaming one.

Yes sir. So you think this is a viable build? It can run the games I want in 1080 p 60 FPS?

I have built 3 gaming PCs over the last 9 years or so and I've never reused a case.

>talking about specs of something that isn't even out yet
Try again when we see it in action, with some actual benchmarks

it's a fine 1080p build but don't expect to get 60fps on every new game on ultra settings

shit if you can afford it, then there's no reason not to. I bought a huge case like 12 years ago and i've replace the 9 fans in it only once.

>Custom parts
@ me when we have some real performance metrics

We know what RDNA architecture does at 9.7 Teraflops. That's a 5700xt. 5700xt PC on logicalincrements is $1273.
New Xbox uses the same architecture but 12 Teraflops so you got to go at least one step up on logical increments to find the equivalent PC

and its also not worth the money

Attached: meta analisis.png (698x2151, 296.01K)

Easily. In 144 fps even, especially since the games you said in the previous thread you're interested in aren't that new/demanding. That's why people recommended a 144hz screen in the previous thread.
This is bullshit. You will get 60fps on ultra in every game released so far, and for at least 2 years to come.

I guess my tastes just change, or I learn with experience that I want different features. First case was just the cheapest, coolest looking one I could find. Next one was more about functionality, this last one was about keeping it well insulated from sound. If you get a good case I could see wanting to reuse it but the cost of a case is pretty minimal compared to other components.

You could def do better for the money.
I have a ROG B-450f, a 2700x, and a 1660 super.
All in a Lian Li Lancool 2.
The mobo was $89, the CPU was $120, GPU $180 (AWESOME deal I got desu), and the case was $80.

>non RT GPU outside of 5700(XT)
Moron, budget is the biggest trap